Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sidnilove thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: heartbleed

What if your family and friends want you to come with them? Will you bluntly refuse them? 

Well they are not exactly super pumped about it so I don't see them asking me to accompany them any time soon.

And if they do ask and I say no, I'm sure they're not going to disown me ðŸ˜Š

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Yeah, no!

Not ready to go to theaters with strangers. And fortunately, I don't have family or friends who believe entertainment is more important than healthcare during a global pandemic. 

Fortunately, screens are maxed out at ten people where I live. 

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

1. Usually when someone resorts to name-calling like in this post, it means they have no argument make. Also, I wouldn't brush 70 million people with broad strokes. It's called bigotry.

2. I talked about the millions dying of starvation and mental illness and other diseases. There is a medium between locking down completely and being irresponsible. What you're saying will condemn those with less resources - physical or emotional - to a miserable death. 

You seem to assume opening cinema halls is about entertaining masses. That, too, but it is a whole darned industry which keeps employees fed and clothed and housed. What you're saying will condemn them to unemployment for the next few years. 

And guess what? There is a solution. Let people who want to work go ahead and work. While people who have the resources - like most on this forum seem to - can stay safe in their little bubbles. No one's holding a gun to anyone's head and making you go to the cinema hall to catch the disease from the rubes. 

First, please show me the 'name calling' in my post. You don't seem to know what it means. 

Secondly, flocking to the theatres will prove fatal---FATAL for the masses at large. You also seem to think that corona is just something which people are simply 'overreacting' about. It's the conspiracy theorists who talk in this manner, dismissing all research and findings about COVID-19 as mass hysteria and stuff. 

Thirdly, people are speaking against 100% occupancy. Movie halls can be still run with social distancing measures. That's something you don't seem to grasp. 

Fortunately, most people still seem to be sensible and are condemning this reckless move by the government.