Variety - HR to lead Indian Adaptation of ‘The Night Manager’!

Posted: 3 years ago

Its gonna be a mini series ?? ON which streaming service ?

Originally posted by Maroonporsche

Its gonna be a mini series ?? ON which streaming service ?

On Disney Hotstar, as per this source.

I have too many memories of projects falling through or just rumors but I am hopeful this will actually happen now!

Edited by Nova19 - 3 years ago

The Indian adaptation is produced by Banijay Asia and will start shooting in Mumbai in April, with international locations to follow after travel becomes easier. Roshan’s representatives and The Ink Factory did not respond to Variety’s requests for comment by press time. Banijay U.K. and Banijay Asia declined to comment.

Executives close to the deal told Variety that an official announcement is imminent. Though not confirmed, the Indian version of the property is likely to land at India’s top streamer, Disney Plus Hotstar. Sandeep Modi, who co-created and co-directed hit Hotstar series “Aarya,” is due to direct.

Still no official conformation but this is Variety.  They don't run with a casting or project unless they have solid sources.

For me, he will always be the Night Manager ☺️

P.S: Remembering how Hiddlesbum trended on Twitter ☺️

The Night Manager Recap: Unseen Consequences

Tom Hiddleston — Tom Hiddleston as Jonathan Pine in the new trailer...

I just got an offer for you jonathan pine the night manager GIF on GIFER -  by TygralenS. Serpente — A/N: Request from anon and @jclements919. I had a...

I like Hiddleston but he was overpowered by Hugh Laurie.  

I read the novel well before the mini series so I'm open to another interpretation.  Farr and Bier changed quite a bit about the story and made it sleeker and softer.  I wonder if this version will be an adaption of that adaption or if they'll go back to the novel for a different take.

Originally posted by Talis

Still no official conformation but this is Variety.  They don't run with a casting or project unless they have solid sources.

I suspect the solid source is identified in the last sentence of the article 😉. 

Originally posted by Nova19

I suspect the solid source is identified in the last sentence of the article 😉. 

😆  Most likely.

I hope this makes it on to Disney+  in the U.S.  I really wish we also got Hotstar combined like a lot of the rest of the world. 😒

i read that disha is the female lead