Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TMKOC_MY thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

I saw it but not that seriously so can't comment on overall movie. But the point that how can they ignore the sound - I found that genuine because with TV or earphones, all other sounds go unnoticed if u r indulged in it deeply

Arushi case used to give me chills and the one which was in limelight as well - Nithari Kand

MOTHERHOOD thumbnail

Yes. I always believed the parents killed her in a fit of rage. 

Heisenberg17 thumbnail

There is absolutely no evidence that connects the parents to their daughter's murder, they found nothing, zero forensic evidence. 

I know it's makes for a more sensational and juicy story to believe that the parents were  involved, and clearly people want to believe it, but gossip, rumours and conspiracy theories are not evidence. 

sanityinfinite thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Heisenberg17_

There is absolutely no evidence that connects the parents to their daughter's murder, they found nothing, zero forensic evidence. 

I know it's makes for a more sensational and juicy story to believe that the parents were  involved, and clearly people want to believe it, but gossip, rumours and conspiracy theories are not evidence. 

Nobody knows what the actual truth is sadly. It could be that the parents were not involved. But if they were - it's very easy bribing the police or agencies/ institutions in India. Money speaks here. Incase the bribing did happen, any evidence found would have been destroyed or not brought to light by the bribed party. Happens a lot and a lot of rich or influential people do that all the time. Black money, tax evasions..a number of things keep folks loaded. They needn't celebrities to be rich or influential.

Heisenberg17 thumbnail

Originally posted by: sanityinfinite

Nobody knows what the actual truth is sadly. It could be that the parents were not involved. But if they were - it's very easy bribing the police or agencies/ institutions in India. Money speaks here. Incase the bribing did happen, any evidence found would have been destroyed or not brought to light by the bribed party. Happens a lot and a lot of rich or influential people do that all the time. Black money, tax evasions..a number of things keep folks loaded. They needn't celebrities to be rich or influential.

So they bribed the police, CBI, prosecution, judges.... and... they still went to jail?

sanityinfinite thumbnail

So they bribed the police, CBI, prosecution, judges.... and... they still went to jail?

Not implying who they bribed, if they bribed or never bribed. My point is, it is an easy possibility in India as money speaks. And them going to jail for a while does not equate to their inability to bribe. A lot of talks about, if the parents wanted to admit to their crime, and if they do - the rate of the bribe offered and the negotiations around that, can be discussed from behind the bars as well. They get to deal with the police and the investigation officers from behind the bars as well. Infact the only people having access to the parents from behind the bars are the police and the investigating authorities. 

If they sorted out such a settlement with the police or a few of the top investigating authorities assigned to their team - they needn't have paid the judges at all. There won't be any incriminating evidence preserved against them, to be presented before the judge. That would be dealt with, right when any underhanded bribe settlements were agreed upon between the police, or the investigating officers (or both) with the parents. 

Another point to note is that, the bribe is not necessarily to prevent them from being thrown into a lockup - but to prevent them from being convicted as guilty in the case (which could have furthered their sentence longer or given them a harsher sentence, since this was a double murder case) had they been really guilty. 

The investigations in western countries are mostly fair and very legal in every sense. Sadly, that's not the same lens, we can use to look at things in India. That's not to take away from the fact, that there are a lot of fair and hardworking members of the law and order community in India - but the truth is, money speaks in India and corruption is very common.

Heisenberg17 thumbnail

Not implying who they bribed, if they bribed or never bribed. My point is, it is an easy possibility in India as money speaks. And them going to jail for a while does not equate to their inability to bribe. A lot of talks about, if the parents wanted to admit to their crime, and if they do - the rate of the bribe offered and the negotiations around that, can be discussed from behind the bars as well. They get to deal with the police and the investigation officers from behind the bars as well. Infact the only people having access to the parents from behind the bars are the police and the investigating authorities. 

If they sorted out such a settlement with the police or a few of the top investigating authorities assigned to their team - they needn't have paid the judges at all. There won't be any incriminating evidence preserved against them, to be presented before the judge. That would be dealt with, right when any underhanded bribe settlements were agreed upon between the police, or the investigating officers (or both) with the parents. 

Another point to note is that, the bribe is not necessarily to prevent them from being thrown into a lockup - but to prevent them from being convicted as guilty in the case (which could have furthered their sentence longer or given them a harsher sentence, since this was a double murder case) had they been really guilty. 

The investigations in western countries are mostly fair and very legal in every sense. Sadly, that's not the same lens, we can use to look at things in India. That's not to take away from the fact, that there are a lot of fair and hardworking members of the law and order community in India - but the truth is, money speaks in India and corruption is very common.

Lmao, if they were so powerful and influential and could just buy anyone off, they would never have got convicted in the first place, and would not have spent 4 years in jail, or was that part of a grand plan? ðŸ˜†

This is what I mean, when there is no evidence against them, then just cook up a conspiracy theory.  Sometimes, the truth is not quite as juicy as you want it to be. 

sanityinfinite thumbnail

Lmao, if they were so powerful and influential and could just buy anyone off, they would never have got convicted in the first place, and would not have spent 4 years in jail, or was that part of a grand plan? ðŸ˜†

This is what I mean, when there is no evidence against them, then just cook up a conspiracy theory.  Sometimes, the truth is not quite as juicy as you want it to be. 

You are again missing the point. To not have been convicted in the first place or not have been put in the jail in the first place - they should've not been found guilty in the first place?😆

Secondly, whoever told you it was a grand scheme? See my point about 'negotiations' and 'talks'? those happen amidst being convicted and sentenced for a crime, not when the dead body is found.🤣 I'd find it funny for the Talvars to go to the police when their daughter's body is found and tell them 'Hey cop! we are guilty. Here's some money - don't take me to jail' That's what you are implying.

Besides, not everything automatically gets into the category of 'conspiracy theories' as soon as you brush it off with the western approach of 'oops no evidence'.😆 We have to be pretty one or two dimensional to be thinking the black and white way, when it comes to a country like India. Unearthing grey or various shades of grey and of the other colors is not my job - it's the FBIs. Alas, those colors and shades of colors, are available in the Indian market to be negotiated for a sum of money as stated above.

Edited by sanityinfinite - 3 years ago
CuttingChai thumbnail

True. But what a performance by Irfan and other actors.

Heisenberg17 thumbnail

You are again missing the point. To not have been convicted in the first place or not have been put in the jail in the first place - they should've not been found guilty in the first place?😆

Secondly, whoever told you it was a grand scheme? See my point about 'negotiations' and 'talks'? those happen amidst being convicted and sentenced for a crime, not when the dead body is found.🤣 I'd find it funny for the Talvars to go to the police when their daughter's body is found and tell them 'Hey cop! we are guilty. Here's some money - don't take me to jail' That's what you are implying.

Besides, not everything automatically gets into the category of 'conspiracy theories' as soon as you brush it off with the western approach of 'oops no evidence'.😆 We have to be pretty one or two dimensional to be thinking the black and white way, when it comes to a country like India. Unearthing grey or various shades of grey and of the other colors is not my job - it's the FBIs. Alas, those colors and shades of colors, are available in the Indian market to be negotiated for a sum of money as stated above.

Lmao, why didn't the Talvars just bribe them so that they wouldn't be charged in the first place? ðŸ˜†