Garima-Vikram-Gunnu - A Play of Perception

Posted: 3 years ago

This is going to be a short post because, I think, majority of the members, agree on the fact that their relationship is based on how the characters scrutinize one another based on their experiences. 

Vikram conducts himself according to what is happening in front of him. He's grown up using his mother's surname. Legally, this is okay but people, like DP, are accustomed to the fact that one should employ their father's surname and, historically, this tradition still is in practice. In real life, recent developments have been made wherein the female counterparts still retain their original surnames. As we don't know the exact backdrop to his story, whether it was for his father being a MCP, EMA-related matter, financial reason, mother's thoughts differing from the father's thoughts followed by some divorce/custody situation, etc. A lot of reasons can be speculated but ultimately, it is Vikram and Jagat who know the actual reasoning behind the Vikram's detest for his biological father. It would be interesting to see if Vikram's family comes into the picture aside from Jagat so that further clarity is established for viewers probably. Regarding his matter with Priyanka, yeah one would infer that they both chose to date because of external looks but Vikram noticed Priyanka's confidence and being-of-today's age person. He has started to observe that the equation is not going as per his expectation and this factor is beneficial because it gives one clarity that probably the individual is not as expected. He's still trying his best to see like maybe one more chance to ensure further clarity. His physical build, as Tannu pointed in one of her posts, definitely symbolizes the fact that he needs to know validation for his worth. 

Regarding Garima, their first encounter was fine but the actual encounter was initiated when he came to their house for the store license approval and how he begged to differ from DP. The F2F interaction is probably one of my favorites scenes because of the way it was executed. I have to applaud Ashok sir for enacting DP's character, who despite being in his wheelchair, woh taas se maas nhi huye in his POV. The point where he observed was when Garima tried her best to prohibit the situation from further escalation. In the process, Vikram thought that she was wrong to support her father in his thoughts while she was only thinking that DP's health could deteriorate if the face-off continued onwards. He doesn't detest for her physical looks but, rather, her actions on trying to deescalate the situation. She has picked up on the fact that, at least as Gunnu, she became special to him hence his perturbation on Gunnu being MIA during the whole wedding fiasco and the satisfaction which was evident from her facial expressions. 

Even the mangalsutra scene where Garima tried to get ahold of the mangalsutra from his pocket -- she thought she would save him from DP's wrath by grabbing onto the nuptial chain whereas he thought she might have to face DP's wrath because people make synthesize wrong generalizations on them. But, amidst all of this, she was rebuked by him for her action even though he forgave her. Again, I wouldn't hold him accountable for this because he explicitly didn't know the actual Garima at that point. 

Gunnu- With Gunnu, Vikram becomes his usual self. He even gave Gunnu his mother's wrist band. The moment he noticed it on Garima's wrist, he was bound to naturally interrogate the origin of the band. Even though Susheela and Garima were able to weasel their way from the scenario, he didn't look entirely convinced. It shows that he's reacting according to what is presented in front of him. 

There have been several speculations as to how their relationship might turn out but, sometimes, not everything happens our way so I would love to see how the writers continue to advance onto their equations. I have seen the role of alter-ego in developing a relationship so nothing novel but what's novel in their equation is the factor of Vikram's reaction which doesn't get violent or chaotic. Rather's he reacts naturally to what he observes. 

Please add onto this post or something I might've missed out on. Also, please let me know your feedback too as it helps me get a better picture of this duo. 

Edited by Meena_J - 3 years ago

Hi Meena!! I just started watching this show! Glad to see you here. How are you doing?? 

Honestly, I find Vikram-Garima/Gunnu's equation very interesting and it's obvious that their relationship will have a lot of twists and turns because 1. Garmina/Gunnu will find out Vikram is Jagat's brother 2. Vikram will find out Gunnu is Garima 3. DP and Vikram do NOT like each other so if Vikram-Garima's ship does sail....she will be caught in between Vikram and her dad 

Originally posted by alina.b

Hi Meena!! I just started watching this show! Glad to see you here. How are you doing?? 

Honestly, I find Vikram-Garima/Gunnu's equation very interesting and it's obvious that their relationship will have a lot of twists and turns because 1. Garmina/Gunnu will find out Vikram is Jagat's brother 2. Vikram will find out Gunnu is Garima 3. DP and Vikram do NOT like each other so if Vikram-Garima's ship does sail....she will be caught in between Vikram and her dad 

Hi Alina. LOL EDKV2 left us bonkers but I'm glad you are here too. I;m good & you?

Yeah, definitely an interesting equation and one thing that I'm liking is Vikram is not reacting erratically. He is who is he and there's no shame in hiding is past miseries. I'm not sure what the future episodes, TBH, actually have in store for us, but definitely loads of twist and turns indeed.  

Originally posted by Meena_J

Hi Alina. LOL EDKV2 left us bonkers but I'm glad you are here too. I;m good & you?

Yeah, definitely an interesting equation and one thing that I'm liking is Vikram is not reacting erratically. He is who is he and there's no shame in hiding is past miseries. I'm not sure what the future episodes, TBH, actually have in store for us, but definitely loads of twist and turns indeed.  

It's actually nice to see that difference in ideologies between the men from different generations. It pushes that society needs to evolve. Both Pramod and Vikram are quite open-minded and have feminist beliefs whereas DP and his brother are very close minded. Although, I feel like the chacha is more open minded but is scared to follow what he believes because of DP. The fact that he hides his passion for cooking is an example. 

LOL yeah I quit that show long back and need a stress-buster show to watch lol I'm trying to get all our EDKV2 come over here and watch this show instead lol 

Originally posted by alina.b

It's actually nice to see that difference in ideologies between the men from different generations. It pushes that society needs to evolve. Both Pramod and Vikram are quite open-minded and have feminist beliefs whereas DP and his brother are very close minded. Although, I feel like the chacha is more open minded but is scared to follow what he believes because of DP. The fact that he hides his passion for cooking is an example. I feel this too, for example, he did genuinely smile when Kusum raised her voice for all the hullabaloo in the wedding. Also, each character was reacting according to the facts they have observed over the course of the episodes. LOL, everyone's trying to do the whole nine yards of elongating the situation but TBH, I found Vikram's approach quite sensible because he tried to assist the people in locating Sattu. 

LOL yeah I quit that show long back and need a stress-buster show to watch lol I'm trying to get all our EDKV2 come over here and watch this show instead lol LOL, I only found Tannu here (nautankitadka) and baakiyon ki marzi if want to come or not. We moved away from that trashy aftermath experience of the post leap story and 5-6 stories in one episode which left viewers apparently clueless. LOL

You have covered all the points very well dearie, kudos to that! 👏

Abandonment issues. Traumatic childhood. Fear of rejection. 

These traits are something I definitely see in Vikram, irrespective of his history, which we rightfully leave to the CVs to explore. Though Jagat and him have a difference in upbringing, that is for sure. 

He is a vulnerable character, afraid that his natural state would be trampled on, but one who puts his heart and soul into his friendship and is a staunch feminist. 

His tongue is a little spicy due to his experiences and he does idolise his brother (maybe because he is his biggest male support system and he sees his brother as a step-in dad to him), but has a clear conscience and mind, which is why he is so willing to follow Gunnu when right. 

The relationships with Gunnu and Garima are on point and hoping we get to see more of the beautiful transition moving ahead in the show ❤️

This is going to be a short post because, I think, majority of the members, agree on the fact that their relationship is based on how the characters scrutinize one another based on their experiences. 

Vikram conducts himself according to what is happening in front of him. He's grown up using his mother's surname. Legally, this is okay but people, like DP, are accustomed to the fact that one should employ their father's surname and, historically, this tradition still is in practice. In real life, recent developments have been made wherein the female counterparts still retain their original surnames. As we don't know the exact backdrop to his story, whether it was for his father being a MCP, EMA-related matter, financial reason, mother's thoughts differing from the father's thoughts followed by some divorce/custody situation, etc. A lot of reasons can be speculated but ultimately, it is Vikram and Jagat who know the actual reasoning behind the Vikram's detest for his biological father. It would be interesting to see if Vikram's family comes into the picture aside from Jagat so that further clarity is established for viewers probably. Regarding his matter with Priyanka, yeah one would infer that they both chose to date because of external looks but Vikram noticed Priyanka's confidence and being-of-today's age person. He has started to observe that the equation is not going as per his expectation and this factor is beneficial because it gives one clarity that probably the individual is not as expected. He's still trying his best to see like maybe one more chance to ensure further clarity. His physical build, as Tannu pointed in one of her posts, definitely symbolizes the fact that he needs to know validation for his worth. 

Regarding Garima, their first encounter was fine but the actual encounter was initiated when he came to their house for the store license approval and how he begged to differ from DP. The F2F interaction is probably one of my favorites scenes because of the way it was executed. I have to applaud Ashok sir for enacting DP's character, who despite being in his wheelchair, woh taas se maas nhi huye in his POV. The point where he observed was when Garima tried her best to prohibit the situation from further escalation. In the process, Vikram thought that she was wrong to support her father in his thoughts while she was only thinking that DP's health could deteriorate if the face-off continued onwards. He doesn't detest for her physical looks but, rather, her actions on trying to deescalate the situation. She has picked up on the fact that, at least as Gunnu, she became special to him hence his perturbation on Gunnu being MIA during the whole wedding fiasco and the satisfaction which was evident from her facial expressions. 

Even the mangalsutra scene where Garima tried to get ahold of the mangalsutra from his pocket -- she thought she would save him from DP's wrath by grabbing onto the nuptial chain whereas he thought she might have to face DP's wrath because people make synthesize wrong generalizations on them. But, amidst all of this, she was rebuked by him for her action even though he forgave her. Again, I wouldn't hold him accountable for this because he explicitly didn't know the actual Garima at that point. 

Gunnu- With Gunnu, Vikram becomes his usual self. He even gave Gunnu his mother's wrist band. The moment he noticed it on Garima's wrist, he was bound to naturally interrogate the origin of the band. Even though Susheela and Garima were able to weasel their way from the scenario, he didn't look entirely convinced. It shows that he's reacting according to what is presented in front of him. 

There have been several speculations as to how their relationship might turn out but, sometimes, not everything happens our way so I would love to see how the writers continue to advance onto their equations. I have seen the role of alter-ego in developing a relationship so nothing novel but what's novel in their equation is the factor of Vikram's reaction which doesn't get violent or chaotic. Rather's he reacts naturally to what he observes. 

Please add onto this post or something I might've missed out on. Also, please let me know your feedback too as it helps me get a better picture of this duo. 

Can't agree more . I hope makers soon that couple little progressive so that sumod help them.

Originally posted by nautankitadka

These traits are something I definitely see in Vikram, irrespective of his history, which we rightfully leave to the CVs to explore. Though Jagat and him have a difference in upbringing, that is for sure. 

He is a vulnerable character, afraid that his natural state would be trampled on, but one who puts his heart and soul into his friendship and is a staunch feminist. 

His tongue is a little spicy due to his experiences and he does idolise his brother (maybe because he is his biggest male support system and he sees his brother as a step-in dad to him), but has a clear conscience and mind, which is why he is so willing to follow Gunnu when right. 

The relationships with Gunnu and Garima are on point and hoping we get to see more of the beautiful transition moving ahead in the show ❤️

LOL, I think in my experience, viewers tend to make up expectations & everyone has the liberty to do. Nobody is wrong or right because, like a scientific experiment requires a hypothesis, we all hypothesize (we do so more logically as opposed to fangirls or fanboys hence I love that you all add/build onto this perception & I feel more comfortable sharing my thoughts to you guys solely). 😆 

I think he's quite a voucher for equalism indeed because, people do tend to take feminism a bit too far or give it a wrong perspective. Both Vikram & Pramod are outright supporters that talent wins the game over gender based on their experiences or the fields they specialize in. Even they have voiced over the fact, there are still some things that people wanna synthesize their own screenplays for BS reasons. 😆 Let us where this interesting & unique love triangle is headed for indeed!

Originally posted by nautankitadka

Tannu, I somehow feel DP ka wheelchair p betna is also a symbolism to some extent. Matlab DP is still salvage onto his thoughts despite people trying to convince him. That wheelchair is holding onto him. Smart use of metaphor here and definitely we can see the evolution here.

Edited by Meena_J - 3 years ago

LOL, I think in my experience, viewers tend to make up expectations & everyone has the liberty to do. Nobody is wrong or right because, like a scientific experiment requires a hypothesis, we all hypothesize (we do so more logically as opposed to fangirls or fanboys hence I love that you all add/build onto this perception & I feel more comfortable sharing my thoughts to you guys solely). 😆 

It just builds interest in the character and their journey. When it comes to Vikram and Jagat, since we are not given a lot to work with about their family, apart from the basic characters we have seen and witnessed and a father whose expectations neither of them is able to meet, much is left to audience perception of the motivations of why he or his brother look, talk or act a certain way in a situation. It is great that they are not unidimensional MCP characters who act on inhibitions, but realistic, jarred ones with both their strengths and flaws. Does not make them seem extraordinary but their contribution to the narrative is still unique. 

I think he's quite a voucher for equalism indeed because, people do tend to take feminism a bit too far or give it a wrong perspective. Both Vikram & Pramod are outright supporters that talent wins the game over gender based on their experiences or the fields they specialize in. Even they have voiced over the fact, there are still some things that people wanna synthesize their own screenplays for BS reasons. 😆 Let us see where this interesting & unique love triangle is headed for indeed! Feminism at the core is about equal rights for both the genders as laid down by our Constitution of India - Article 14,15,16,39 and 42. But yes it is percieved incorrectly by a lot of folks who see it less as women empowerment and more like oppression of the other gender. In that regard, I am happy that while the boys are most definitely not carrying around big banners of WE, when it comes to coming through when the situation demands it, both have shown how they stand for what is right irrespective of which gender is involved. They make the Sapnon ka koi gender nahi hota tagline come true in their own small ways. 

With Gunnu and Sattu, Vikram has been a true friend and offered them his shop to continue operations when DP had thrown them out thanks to Jagat! In some ways, he (and Pramod) are helping them fix the damage done by his beloved brother and also promoting a more progressive thought and approach in a city like Rohtak, which is one of the Olympic talent hubs for India. We should not disregard that DP's planned accident in the first place was JS's evil plan too. It was Pramod's timely intervention that saved his hand + the girls entering the shop in disguise and sacrificing their hair and dreams for the short term, or it would have been hell begone and K&S would have had to be sold off. Vikku and Gunnu make an awesome team, while Garima  makes him explore the other dimension, so it is going to be quite the ride! 😍🤗

Edited by nautankitadka - 3 years ago