Indian Idol 12

Performance Discussion 23 & 24 January

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 3 years ago

Loved todays episode! Enjoyed all the anecdotes more than the performances 😆

The highlight was the background music recording footage...Pyareji, the musicians, chorus in action. I started crying at the grandeur!

Best performances tonight were Sayli, Arunita and Danish.

Did not enjoy Vaishnav's at all. Sawai was okay, he needed a different song because his voice went too high (sticking to the original singing key). Ashish's song is so catchy, poor guy forgot the lyrics while dancing 😆 But he should've sung 'Darrd E Dil Darrd E Jigar'...would've suited his voice much more.

And Nihal...I better not comment 🤡

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ms.SK thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

This content was originally posted by: Ashley.Tisdale

Loved todays episode! Enjoyed all the anecdotes more than the performances 😆

The highlight was the background music recording footage...Pyareji, the musicians, chorus in action. I started crying at the grandeur!

Best performances tonight were Sayli, Arunita and Danish.

Did not enjoy Vaishnav's at all. Sawai was okay, he needed a different song because his voice went too high (sticking to the original singing key). Ashish's song is so catchy, poor guy forgot the lyrics while dancing 😆 But he should've sung 'Darrd E Dil Darrd E Jigar'...would've suited his voice much more.

And Nihal...I better not comment 🤡

Bold: For me also.  Eye opener as to hard work which went into even for background music.  Also reminded of good old days of recording a song where singers, musicians and chorus sat together to record a song.  

Now a days musicians take easy options.  All noises from their electric instruments.  And singer sing over the phone and then merged by music director.

Arunita was the best. Wouldn't be surprised if Subhasji offers her not just a singing chance BUT also main lead in his film.

Ms.SK thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

According to Indian Idol 12 wikipedia:

Nihal - eliminated. 

Don't know how true this is???!!!!!!!

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Ms.S.K.

Bold: For me also.  Eye opener as to hard work which went into even for background music.  Also reminded of good old days of recording a song where singers, musicians and chorus sat together to record a song.  

Now a days musicians take easy options.  All noises from their electric instruments.  And singer sing over the phone and then merged by music director.

Arey music used to be such a passionate and hard working field once upon a time. It still is aboard, if u see how bg scores are recorded there you'll know.

Electric instruments were supposed to help, not take over. Even Pyareji used electronics to create a structure for his latest project:

https://youtu.be/ELIQ9o7U-rE

The entire purpose of electronics was to create a blue print, to help visualise. Like how kids these days get to see animation of circulation, atoms etc to get a picture. Then those blue prints pe live music bajana. Sadly everyone wants shortcut to views and don't care about quality and longevity.

Arunita might also get a role, like even Danish might. Doesn't have to be leads coz our girl is super pretty ❤️

Karkerrna3 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail + 2

Arunita,Ashish etc deserved to perform in republic day episode. This is so unfair, everyone should have same theme each week

Karkerrna3 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail + 2

Pawandeep is so good. OMG

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail

Pawandeep, Nachiket were the best today. They really felt their songs.

Getting army personnels and listening to their anecdotes was brilliant. Respect for our Jawaans!!! Last ka tribute gave me goosebumps, the candles et al.

The negative: definitely SMP. So overrated. I changed the channel halfway thru her performance 😆

anoushka_113 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

SMP is so overrated & she has become overconfident. I cringe the minute she takes the stage. As expected the judges went gaga - Jai ho is a song that brims with energy & it stands out without tonal gymnastics. Waiting to hear SMP do justice to a song without yodelling or screeching! At least, shirisha tried something out of her comfort zone in the Bhappi Lahiri episode & did a good job! Can you imagine SMP taking a chitra/lata song and delivering it with the melody intact?  On second thoughts, let it be. That will be butchering of legends. 

heartbleed thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

OMG I got literal goosebumps when Pawandeep sang Teri mitti mein mil jaaun ❤️ and Sireesha sang Ae mere watan ke logon ❤️

I hope they are the top two 🤗

anoushka_113 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Karkerrna3

Arunita,Ashish etc deserved to perform in republic day episode. This is so unfair, everyone should have same theme each week

Agree. Even I wondered about it. 

Going by this week’s episode the possible finalists seem to be in the Republic Day episode with the exception of Arunita. 
whatever is happening to vaishnav?  He is not in form at all in this season.