Member Topic: Have you Dealt W Depression/Anxiety/Insomnia

Posted: 3 years ago

Ok yes me The great Maroonporsche has battled anxiety and depression.

https://youtu.be/k-ov9XZzByA

Great insight on how depression and insomnia can hit you out of nowhere 

https://youtu.be/20ymLynDQkw

At 5:50 mark “success is measured in ones happiness because if your not happy the rest I’d life it don’t mean a damn thing” 

Most of 2016/2017 it hit me hard. Yes I tried to numb all that with 🍺 suffice to say it was only a bandaid. 😆 Thats a fake life lol. There was a time I thought 200 likes on Instagram picture meant I was the coolest person alive. Then 40 minutes later I was like that means nothing. Social anxiety was a thing to. You go places and people are discussing nonsensical things ( nonsensical to me) an I’m zoning out thinking about monkeys in my head. An I feel a bad I’m less evolved than them as I can hardly follow their conversations. I guess it’s cause I’m still basically a 14 year trapped in 29 years body I’ve never been comfortable as an adult. An sometimes it’s made feel less than. An then I have to make others feel less than to even things out 😆 I can’t ever make myself watch the news. In the 2016 presidential election i didn’t put Clinton or trump I put my own name 😆 please tell me That’s normal right ?? 

An I’ve pretty much conquered depression and anxiety but insomnia is the worst. Now I’m built for insomnia as I can listen to hours of Bollywood music. But I can’t ever sleep. The human body needs sleep doesn’t it 😆

So I guess I’m asking we’re all a little crazy right ? 

No never, touchwood. I've always been the healthy and happy type. 

But one of my closest friends dealt with depression and conquered it with a great show of strength. She took anti-depressants, worked out, took care of herself physically and mentally, and conquered it with the true spirit of a warrior.

I've always been empathetic to people with any sort of mental health issue unless it's someone toxic like Kangana, for whom I don't have any words.

Thanks for sharing! I used to jave insomnia back in University. It wasn't a good place to be in. 

Suffered from Anxiety and Insomnia in 2019 and it was bad. There were few people who used to make me anxious, but now I feel much better. 

"I guess it’s cause I’m still basically a 14 year trapped in 29 years body I’ve never been comfortable as an adult"

I can relate to this 😆

• Insomnia
  • Depression
  • Complicated Grief 
  • PTSD

Insomnia is at its current peak. The rest I’ve learned to just accept and live with. You’re not alone ❤️

Yes and I’ve talked about it before and shared some stuff too.

I suffered from it for 15yrs and how I got out of it only I know as I didn’t have anyone or even understood it or the resources. 

Not exactly insomnia, but I have difficulty in sleeping 

Yes. I had been diagnosed with adolescent depression at the age of 11. I've continued having medication for 7 long years along with rigorous therapy. Mine have been an environment related issue so I'm a little sensitive till date. Otherwise it's been completely cured. 

That writing of the doctor that she's discontinuing my medicines and I'm completely cured is MY GREATEST ACHIEVEMENT (since adolescent depression is rarely curable) till date because it's only and only me who have actively worked towards a better day. 

I'll say its the moment one strives to make it through the dark moment that's when the journey to healing starts.

On contrary to what you said I feel I'm the most comfortable being an adult than anything else. It's only been 2 and a half years that I've started living my life. 

Also I think my darkest moment and that actually transforms into my irritation and baukhlana for visiting a clinic comes from my childhood experience of a mental health clinic. Its a horrible feeling sitting in that space its nothing like Kaira with Jug. 

Yeah sometimes people are having these convos and I’m like wtf are you guys talking about. In my head only. Out loud I don’t say much. Just nod 😆