Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Himesh

@HimeshMankad

·

EXCLUSIVE: #ParineetiChopra to play #RanbirKapoor's wife in #Animal, #AnilKapoor his father. All that you need to know about this gangster drama, directed by #SandeepReddyVanga. https://pinkvilla.com/entertainment/exclusives/exclusive-parineeti-chopra-play-ranbir-kapoors-wife-animal-anil-kapoor-his-father-story-details-598255?ab

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

I thought Tripti was cast opposite Ranbir?

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: mintyblue

I thought Tripti was cast opposite Ranbir?

If Parineetis the wife maybe Tripthi is the home wrecker 😆

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Now I'm getting Godfather vibes. It would explain Tripti and Parineeti, too. Will be interesting to see Ranbir do a Michael Corleone. 

Edited to add: didn't Anil do Michael's role in Virasat?

Edited by HearMeRoar - 3 years ago

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Now I'm getting Godfather vibes. It would explain Tripti and Parineeti, too. Will be interesting to see Ranbir do a Michael Corleone. 

Well he already played a similar role in Raajneeti  https://i.ibb.co/c36FK6L/lol.gif

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Koviljika34

Well he already played a similar role in Raajneeti  https://i.ibb.co/c36FK6L/lol.gif

Yes, and to me it showed his limitations and lack of experience and maturity.  Having seen the original, I will always be comparing anyone else to that. I don't remember feeling that about Kamal Hassan. In fact thought Kamal was better than Al Pacino.

No matter, RK was too young and early in his career when he did that.

By late 30s, most have seen highs and lows in their lives and been through some necessary hard knocks which give depth to character. I'd like to see how RK does in that role, if indeed it is a Godfather type story.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 3 years ago
myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Oh no this looks like God father series again

Marlon Brando - anil kapoor

Ranbir kapoor - al pacino

Mary Carlene  - Tripti Dimtri

Al Pacino brother in law - Bobby Deol 

Sashay01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail + 3

Agreed with poster above - Kamal Hassan was great in his role in the Godfather remake and RK was at his weakest in Rajneeti. One of the rare films where he sleepwalked through the whole thing.

This should be interesting given that Zoya's next with Ranveer (and allegedly co starring Kat) will also be a gangster drama.

I think gangster films are always ripe with emotion and inherent drama- even the 1000th Godfather remake is more watchable than say a Judwa remake. Atleast for me anyway. And I'm sure Ranbir will bring his best to the project after the hiatus.

So bring it! Excited for this.

josh135 thumbnail

Yeh toh theek hai but where is tripti?! I was looking forward since she was going to be in the film. Is she or not?? 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: myviewprem

Oh no this looks like God father series again

Marlon Brando - anil kapoor

Ranbir kapoor - al pacino

Mary Carlene  - Tripti Dimtri

Al Pacino brother in law - Bobby Deol 

We’ve seen quite a few Godfather adaptations in BW already