Has anyone else faced this?

shareShare facebook twitter
Posted: 1 months ago

I often see people being racist about Indians online on other forums/Reddit... etc.. it is very disheartening to see this but it's not taken seriously. people have stereotypes about indians that we are ugly and so on. I'm young maybe thats why this affects me but I'm looking for some advice on how to not let it get to me and my self esteem

Edited by floatyy - 1 months ago

No I haven’t faced this.

smiley31

I think the best thing will be avoid places that are not moderated properly.

By the way do you live abroad?

Originally posted by floatyy

I'm young maybe thats why this affects me but I'm looking for some advice on how to not let it get to me and my self esteem

Ones Self Esteem always need to be at level 200

Even if you can't do something fake your way thru smiley36

Originally posted by Autumn_Rose

No I haven’t faced this.

smiley31

I think the best thing will be avoid places that are not moderated properly.

By the way do you live abroad?

Yes I do... I'm glad you haven't faced this though smiley31 it's just hard because I feel sensitive about this now

Originally posted by floatyy

Yes I do... I'm glad you haven't faced this though smiley31 it's just hard because I feel sensitive about this now

In life people will always try to bring you down one way or other.  Even in India you will face relatives and people who will dismiss your talents/ looks and show themselves as better people.

Work hard for what you want to do in life. People do this because they are insecure about themselves.

Originally posted by Autumn_Rose

In life people will always try to bring you down one way or other.  Even in India you will face relatives and people who will dismiss your talents/ looks and show themselves as better people.

Work hard for what you want to do in life. People do this because they are insecure about themselves.

Thanks a lot, it feels really lonely because people don't understand how hurtful it is. Here where I live I think it has been normalized to say racist stuff about indians because of the pewdiepie thing

If you notice. Most of the time it is people from pakistan posting these nasty comments about Indians.

Originally posted by jeetuji

If you notice. Most of the time it is people from pakistan posting these nasty comments about Indians.

I used to live in the Middle East (17 years) Pakistanis are actually quite nice to North Indians and get along well. They go out of the way to be friendly.

North Indians  don’t get along with South Indians there, especially Keralites. smiley36