sandiab thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 3 years ago

this movie just released today on netflix and it is f****** fantabulous.

man I am such a proud fan at the moment kajol was just fantastic.

i dnt want to give away too much about the movie but its basically shows the relationship btw Anu( kajol) and her mom Nayan. 

Tanvi and Shweta were so good as the young and old Nayan really such pose and their eyes where just beautiful I really just loved all their scenes. its hard for me to respect a woman like Nayan.  at her core she was selfish in all her decisions she did what she wanted and didn't care about the repercussions. for me especially wen any person has a girl child and u are not with the child's biological father u got to be very cautious and one wrong thing u notice your brain needs to start working over time so just coz of that i cant respect her. but at the same time she was very strong smart progressive and feisty. 

Anu loud, arrogant, brash,  in your face and totally f****** awesome.  i think a lot of movies always shows the father son dynamics and this is one of the rare movies which highlights how volatile the mother daughter relationship can be. 

the beauty of this movie which is highlighted so well is that most daughters who have a problem with their mothers always never want to be like their mother but they always end up like them. i loved the moment when Anu realised that she hadn't given her daughter the perfect life and she didnt notice that her child was suffering and she looked at her mother it was too. she did everything to make her child know that she loved her and that she would always be safe but she overlooked that there it is not always just physical harm that can ruin a child's life but also mental harm as well.

Nayan and Anu are very different characters but  at their core they are very similar they strong, progressive and feisty. Anu childhood made her strong its unfortunate that she didn't imbed strength in her daughter. but this for me was where the movie fell. Anu is a very strong character who speaks her mind her daughter is very unlike her. the movie shows nothing about masha and anu's relationship. its a major fault in the movie especially qhen anu's character finally finds out that she also is not a perfect mother even though she didn't allow any physical harm to her child she didn't realise that her daughter was unhappy coz of the stigma of being a fatherless child. kajol acting was on pt bt when i looked at the daughter it was like u had a problem? the director maybe wanted a surprise in the movie bt it fell short.

kajol has really acted so well in this movie i think when the movie started the arrogance was so in your face her character was so obnoxious that i wanted to slap her bt it went with the character i noticed she wanted to screech a bit in one or 2 scenes bt she caught herself. her lipstick in the movie was awful though and the jeans were not that good. but man she has acted her heart out. 20 years ago this lady made me fall in love with her and hindi movies coz of her natural acting and 20 years later she makes me fall back in love with her and indian movies coz she is so darn natural. she looks so beautiful in this movie she truly is a breath of fresh air.  I liked her scenes with raghav but just loved her with MIlan. she is one of the rare actresses who really can look good with anyone. 

i would rate the movie a 7.95. its very good but very important aspects that I think were vital to make it a complete movie where  missing in the movie. that is the story between  anu and her daughter, the reason for the dads action coz he didnt look like a bad guy and robindro( anu's brothers) thoughts on his childhood.

really a very good movie well worth a watch.