What is with the man-child criticism against Ranbir? - Page 3

Posted: 3 years ago

Range is a Fahad Faasil, not Ranveer Singh.

Depth is a Rajkumar Rao, not Ranbir Kapoor.

Natural talent is a Priyanka Chopra, not Deepika Padukone.

None of the mainstream BW stars are more than barely average. Y'all are arguing over mediocrity.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 3 years ago

Originally posted by HearMeRoar

Range is a Fahad Faasil, not Ranveer Singh.

Depth is a Rajkumar Rao, not Ranbir Kapoor.

Natural talent is a Priyanka Chopra, not Deepika Padukone.

None of the mainstream BW stars are more than barely average. Y'all are arguing over mediocrity.

isnt all of the above just matter of perspective 

Originally posted by Krishnapanchali

the only difference between khilji and bitto are the clothes anf the era apart from that both performances can easily be termed as overacting of century 

if changing clothes is versatile then yes ranveer is a versatile actor 

there is absolutely no similarity between samar ved barfi and bunny neither in way character was written or in the way it was excuted

but please do define man child as much as i know it means an immature man 

i dont see how a man as cunning as samar comes into that category 

or bunny who was shown as ambitious hard working man 

or even barfi who was very clever the way he survived in this world 

isnt all of the above just matter of perspective ðŸ˜Š

Originally posted by BornWithASmirk

isnt all of the above just matter of perspective ðŸ˜Š

You dare use my own spell against me Potter ðŸ˜†

Edited by Krishnapanchali - 3 years ago

Originally posted by Krishnapanchali

isnt all of the above just matter of perspective 

Only partly. Sometimes, the talent is so obvious that there is really no other conclusion.

For peeps who say Ranbir plays the same character... Marlon Brando played the same character in a huge chunk of his movies. You can do that and still be awesomely talented. But no, Ranbir is nowhere near that level of talent. Or rather, he hasn't focused enough on developing talent than popularity. Take Rajkumar... in BkB, he is a character playing a character playing a character. ðŸ˜† No one in mainstream BW would've been able to carry it off without it looking utterly idiotic.

For those who say Ranveer plays diverse characters. God, no. Take a look at Fahad or Daniel Day Lewis. You forget the actor and see the character, and you see different characters every single darned time. Ranveer shows up in every character he plays with the sole exception of Murad.

Forget Deepika. Below average talent, above average look, great marketing. That's it. 

Edited by HearMeRoar - 3 years ago

This is what id call acting range ðŸ˜†

But look at my range! : TheSimpsons

Closer home two actors 

Anupam Kher and Anil Kapoor.

The range of emotions they can portray, the variety of charachters they have played. The different ways they have demonstrated the same charachter in different movies  

Eg Anupam as heroines's father in a comedy role (Ram Lakhan and Dil Hai ki Manta Nahin and Papa Kehte hain), Hero father in Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge.

Then a serious role of father in Saransh, Daddy 

That is 6 daddy roles completely different from each other.

Similarly Anil kapoor as angry young man in Mashaal and Meri Jung.

Misguided youth in Ram Lakhan and Janbaaz.

Ranbir kapoor was same one tone actor in Wakeup sid, YJHD, Rockstar, ADHM, Sanju, Barfi, Rocket Singh, Saanwariya and Tamasha. I am sure Brahmastra will be the same, coming of age story of a man child. Nothing wrong with that, but would all this break have been utilized to come up with a different and better portrayal of that charachter I dont think so.

getting the same charachter to play again and again is not bad. Keeping the same one tone acting in all the roles is very bad

With Ranveer singh again acting is not that great but atleast he is sensible enough to play different charachters to cover up his limited acting range.

Edited by Chiillii - 3 years ago

I don't get the whole man-child argument. Ranbir is asked to grow up and do "different" roles but I think that he has constantly pushed the envelope when it comes to choosing roles. I would agree that his roles have had this supposed "man-child" syndrome but that's just one facet of it. For example, his roles in wake up Sid and YJHD have a common thread of coming of age but I will argue that apart from that the films and the roles are completely different.

He's one of the very few actors in the industry today who can act and emote so well. So, whoever is accusing him of constantly doing man-child roles is just nitpicking.

Ranbir is anything but a one note actor. Neither all his characters are man child 

If people thing that  barfi ved bunny and happy singh were same people. Then that s just a biased opinion .

but bhed chal zindabad ðŸ˜†

Edited by Krishnapanchali - 3 years ago

Originally posted by Chiillii

Ranbir kapoor was same one tone actor in Wakeup sid, YJHD, Rockstar, ADHM, Sanju, Barfi, Rocket Singh, Saanwariya and Tamasha. I am sure Brahmastra will be the same, coming of age story of a man child. Nothing wrong with that, but would all this break have been utilized to come up with a different and better portrayal of that charachter I dont think so.

But one would think after all these years he would have come of age by now ðŸ˜†