Choti Sardarni

What is going on with the plot?

AliyahSharma thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Hi everyone! Iv said some of this before in a reply to another topic but I want to elaborate further a little bit.  We just need to backtrack slightly - 

I find it soo stupid  how Tarkash Ji , a man of good character someone who , even if we saw for only a couple of minutes every few so episodes, a reliable, loyal and respectful person turns into a wife beater and an abuser. It just doesn’t make sense at all and has no relevancy to his personality. I understand that they are trying to bring awareness to this topic since it’s not spoken up about and I do respect the team behind CS for this but the context in which they brought it in made the whole idea look unclear and foolish. The only ‘entertaining’ thing about this was that Meher and Sarab were fighting over it so I just wanted to see how they would overcome this however they made days of anger at each other calm down by some next 2 sentence poem and a song?? Such a boring way to end it, they ended the whole thing in less than 2 minutes!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AliyahSharma thumbnail

And a thing I would like to add is that Tarkash Ji was the only one who knew other than Sarab and Meher at the time that something was definetly going between them two (Sarab knowing about mehers pregnancy) . Sarab even requested to him to find details of Serbia get tickets get her a passport a house a car a job a sim card as you can see pretty much everything for her new life in Serbia was for the majority of the part sorted out by Tarkash Ji. Soo much to the extent that when we heard the famous line from Sarab - meher ji aab me aapko marne laga hoo (meher ji I’m going to kill you now) he sent the email to TARKASH JI with the newspaper article details that said meher died in a car accident in Serbia as a cover up that TARKASH JI  was the one given the responsibility by SARAB to leak to the Punjab newspaper the article details about her death.

AliyahSharma thumbnail

Tarkash Ji had the choice to use this information against sarab if he wanted to just like his own family member Robbie did however Tarkash Ji stayed  loyal and true to his friend and clearly the feeling was mutual since Sarab trusted him enough to help him in this situation so I just don’t understand how they could have made such a loyal, kind man into what they have portrayed him as now 

any thoughts ?😁😄

Edited by AliyahSharma - 3 years ago
Indira1211 thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 6 Thumbnail + 2

Itv writers and makers are quite lazy ...here they were too lazy or didn’t want to pay  to rope in another actor ..so they used a recurring side character and destroyed him in the process..they wrapped up manav and Aditis characters...2 characters that were very important in a short time..and needed to create some drama ASAP...so they destroyed a good decent character..they will probably use him again in future where he comes back to get revenge on meher..itv thrives on negativity and there’s no consistency of characters. Here even the female lead forgot all about her first love and father of her child in an instant,  She belittled and degraded their love to being childish moments,.but she managed to get pregnant in her childish fling. Inconsistency of characters and poor writing seems to be going on across all the itv dramas at the moment ..the writing of the other shows on colors tv that I’m watching is also deteriorating day by day., these writers seem to have lost all creativity,, Here they could have still have had the wife battering story But wrote a good story behind it,.e.g, maybe Params school teacher was being battered and abused and meher sorts the issue out, But they obviously didn’t want to get in new actors ..so they took a recurring character who had always been a good decent man and destroyed him. It’s total nonsense ..really..🤦🏻‍♀️

AliyahSharma thumbnail

I definitely agree

The story started to go downhill after the corona break and bringing back manav. Bringing him back was one of the worst things they could have done to the entire show and even if they did bring him back the execution of it was absolutely terrible. They tried to add spice by giving the whole vikram diwan look and everything and I did enjoy the part where he does that ‘prank’ on meher re-enacting his death in front of her and her reaction because it seemed actually realistic. But I think the part where he went Serbia after her was the worse bit because her reaction to finding out that her childhood love was alive and standing in front of her was so stupid and dramatic and not real. It’s just was like omg I’m so happy your alive but sarabjit Ji is my rab not you , mine and yours love was bachpanna (childlessness) and nothing else??! And it’s not even the fact that they she undermined her love for manav as a immaturity, it’s also the fact that meher sees him EVERYDAY!!! Everyday she sees him but we never seen any emotion spark from her becasue certainly if I was in that position - I would go crazy seeing two people who ,one I used to love and one that I do love stand in front of me together. They made the whole idea seem very nonchalant and calm like it was no big deal like it doesn’t matter and that she doesn’t love him. Ok we understand you don’t love him but that doesn’t mean you don’t suddenly not care for him and can let him have injustice done to him . They could have shown mehers mental breakdowns or her raw emotions like they amazingly showed at the start when he got murdered and the aftermath of it.  The reactions there and the portrayal was absolutely fantastic and I felt like i could really connect with meher and her emotions feelings and thoughts. It’s about how the story was amazingly written and the great dialogues at the start but now it seems as if they got lazy and gave her any random lines to say. The idea of manav coming back could have been amazing and so much drama even without the fight for Karan as they could have show her breaking down like I said before etc etc etc  I hope you are getting what I’m saying that it’s been portrayed so badly about her love for manav and the injustice he got and doesn’t give a good reflection of the writing storyline skills that the team do have because we have seen it before!

AliyahSharma thumbnail

I actually started watching this show in the first place because I thought it was a new style of drama of how they show the independence of a women fighting for her rights in a community where social stereotypes tie down people. It was a great amazing depiction and portrayal and i truly do love the show and the idea because frankly I believe that the way that they had shown meher and sarab slowly falling in love was absolutely out of this world! It was beautiful! 

And it was like no other show because of the amazing storyline they had for example (spoilers up ahead for those who haven’t watched previous episodes) the Shaadi of sarab meher ,  the small playful fights they had , the param school situation where meher climbed the pipe or her going hospital after or the 25 core blank check storyline about how meher and sarab fought through that together another great one was the most biggest Serbia plot about how they got attached to each other but didn’t understand ,the police role of meher, the blaming of the death of meher on Sarab (my personal favourite) and many more. So I definitely do believe that this was a unique show that was brought and got a huge loving audience due to its concepts ,cultural Punjabi backgrounds ,characters etc. 

It is a good show for sure for so many reasons  but right now it’s just getting boring and repetitive and I hope that CS don’t continue to do this and change it up a bit and maybe we can get things back to how they were!

silvermoonlight thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Nothing is going with the plot 

The show is ruined & needs to end

It’s being dragged for NO reason 

Harleens obsession over Param is Uber weird considering she has a daughter 

Where is her kid? Why isn’t she taking care of her ?

Who ignores their own child and obsesses over someone else’s ?

The show has gone to shit & they think the audience will accept ?

Bull crap 

Indira1211 thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: AliyahSharma

I actually started watching this show in the first place because I thought it was a new style of drama of how they show the independence of a women fighting for her rights in a community where social stereotypes tie down people. It was a great amazing depiction and portrayal and i truly do love the show and the idea because frankly I believe that the way that they had shown meher and sarab slowly falling in love was absolutely out of this world! It was beautiful! 

And it was like no other show because of the amazing storyline they had for example (spoilers up ahead for those who haven’t watched previous episodes) the Shaadi of sarab meher ,  the small playful fights they had , the param school situation where meher climbed the pipe or her going hospital after or the 25 core blank check storyline about how meher and sarab fought through that together another great one was the most biggest Serbia plot about how they got attached to each other but didn’t understand ,the police role of meher, the blaming of the death of meher on Sarab (my personal favourite) and many more. So I definitely do believe that this was a unique show that was brought and got a huge loving audience due to its concepts ,cultural Punjabi backgrounds ,characters etc. 

It is a good show for sure for so many reasons  but right now it’s just getting boring and repetitive and I hope that CS don’t continue to do this and change it up a bit and maybe we can get things back to how they were!

yes it started out amazingly well. I think they rushed meher and Sarabs union so quickly and then they didn’t have anything else so now all this ridiculous drama.  They should have kept manav dead...because by bringing him back they made a joke out of his and mehers relationship and they made meher look like a fickle woman. They should have spent more time focussing on meher  becoming friends with Sarab..and a woman who was so much in love doesn’t get over her lover in 4 months.. that’s what they did here ..meher forgot manav in literally 4 months and moved on with Sarab..by the time Karan was born she was head over heels in love with Sarab,  Yet in real life women take years to move on after the man they love dies...and more especially if he’s the father of their child. They could have shown friendship develop between Sarab and meher and shown how they both get justice for Manavs death., yet mehers mother and 2 brothers got zero punishment for what they did to manav. Is this right. This show is showing that criminals and murderers get no punishment ..it’s fine to kill someone..yes we know manav didn’t die,.but he was still stabbed mercilessly and Beaten up cruelly. Mehers mother and 2 brothers are downright thugs..but they are roaming free 🤦🏻‍♀️.. All I can say is that the writers of these shows are very bad...they really don’t know how to write long running tv shows ...

gibige thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Indira1211

yes it started out amazingly well. I think they rushed meher and Sarabs union so quickly and then they didn’t have anything else so now all this ridiculous drama.  They should have kept manav dead...because by bringing him back they made a joke out of his and mehers relationship and they made meher look like a fickle woman. They should have spent more time focussing on meher  becoming friends with Sarab..and a woman who was so much in love doesn’t get over her lover in 4 months.. that’s what they did here ..meher forgot manav in literally 4 months and moved on with Sarab..by the time Karan was born she was head over heels in love with Sarab,  Yet in real life women take years to move on after the man they love dies...and more especially if he’s the father of their child. They could have shown friendship develop between Sarab and meher and shown how they both get justice for Manavs death., yet mehers mother and 2 brothers got zero punishment for what they did to manav. Is this right. This show is showing that criminals and murderers get no punishment ..it’s fine to kill someone..yes we know manav didn’t die,.but he was still stabbed mercilessly and Beaten up cruelly. Mehers mother and 2 brothers are downright thugs..but they are roaming free 🤦🏻‍♀️.. All I can say is that the writers of these shows are very bad...they really don’t know how to write long running tv shows ...

@bold,  agree  with what you have said. Women take years to come out of broken relationships, in real life no woman would forget the man she loved, who is also the father of your child instantly the way Meher did.  She didn't even have simple respect for Manav's last wish to name his son Karan, Meher accepted the name only because it was liked by Sarab. 

The entire Manav track was handled in a bad way. Makers never bothered to give justice to a character who was treated in the worst possible way. 

Edited by gibige - 3 years ago