Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

What Were The Best Moments of IPKKND?

IPodcastKKND thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Hello Everyone, 

I'm back again with another article this week! I am S from the IPK podcast and based on our video this week, I thought it would be cool if we discussed what were our favorite moments and why. 

Yes, there were tons of shifts in writing, changes in characters arcs and sub plots that didn't make sense -

But our dearest Arnav and Khushi did not start flying in the air nor were they a couple drenched in forever separation of 567432345 years. 

For all we say, this show was literally one of the best because nearly 75% of the show was perfect. So, in celebration of that let us discuss some of our most favorite moments in IPK. It can be a moment as silly as:

or as intense as:

So submit your answers as:

ArShi/Non-ArShi?:

Moment:

Why you love it:

And yes, you're free to submit it multiple times!

For me, here are my top 5 (in no particular order)

ArShi/Non-ArShi?: Non ArShi

Moment: When Shashi comforts Khushi post the infamous fashion show. 

Why I love it: I really love the positive father-daughter bonding that is conveyed subtly. It could have easily gone overboard but rather Shashi sits with his daughter, explains what was right and what wasn't but also constantly reassures her that he is standing next to her as a father figure irrespective of the circumstances. 

--

ArShi/Non-ArShi?: ArShi

Moment: When Arnav tells Khushi that he is responsible for their marriage and that he forced her to marry him. This happens when Khushi thinks that their elopement is the reason why Dadi is upset on her.

Why I love it: Uff, there's so much to unpack here and although Dadi is a character I hate THE MOST I absolutely loved what she did for Arnav and Khushi's relationship. In a way, thanks to her Arnav takes ownership of his actions in Khushi's life. This moment breaks and mends my heart because I love it that we see hints of Arnav's life independent from Khushi and we see, realistically, despite all the love there are times when we need to learn about our companion. AND I LOVE IT THAT THIS IS THE FIRST TIME ARNAV ASSUMES RESPONSIBILITY OF WHAT HE DID. This acknowledgement is incredibly important and I am so glad it doesn't happen in lieu of an apology or explanation. 

--

ArShi/Non-ArShi?: Non-ArShi

Moment: When NK opens to door to see Bua ji at 12am.

Why I love it: PERFECT HILARIOUS WRITING! I couldn't stop laughing! Bua ji's dream of seeing Nankisore at 12 am was so beautifully fulfilled. Hands-down my favorite moment. Also, the look of pure horror on NK's face! πŸ€£

--

Moment: Just this one moment in the kidnapping track where they stare at each other while they're hiding by the boxes.

Why I love it: THE SEXUAL TENSION IS BACK! Yes, my laptop nearly melted. I MEAN LOOK AT THAT! (I don't care about the rest of the kidnapping track tbh) BUT LOOK AT THAT!

--

ArShi/Non-ArShi?: Non-ArShi

Moment: Anjali teasing Arnav nonstop during Akash-Payal's wedding about Khushi.

Why you love it: I LOVE SHIPPER ANJALI. SHE CHANNELIZED THE FANS! What amazing fan service that was. And ofc, my stomach hurt from all the laughing. She got him like a boss!

--

If you're still here, thank you so much for reading! I can't wait to read what you all have to say. 

- S

Edited by IPodcastKKND - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ssttuuttii thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Res. Be back in few hours.

--------

Edited :

Your list is wonderful and like those moments too. Shipper Anjali is Sooooo much Fun and your GIFs are more so!  Payash wedding phase is the golden era not only because of Arshi but everyone else combined - Teasing Anjali, clueless NK, bickering Mama-Mami, Thumke wali Buaji and Nani, and of course our sweet Payash.

Anyway, I've ranted enough about that track in my last post too. So, I'll spare it this time πŸ˜†. And for a change, I'll not even take up Arshi moments. So here are my top 5 Non-Arshi moments πŸ˜ƒ.

ArShi/Non-ArShi?: Non-Arshi

Moment: When NK gifts Khushi a locket as wedding gift

Why you love it: NK had been interested in Khushi but he decided to put aside his feelings and be a good friend to her. Not to forget that this is one of the only proper gifts that Khushi gets for her wedding. Also, can we just appreciate how thoughtful NK's gift are - the locket now and friendship bracelet + promise on her birthday later .

Moment: Mamiji calling Laxminagar to inquire about Khushi when she goes missing during kidnap track while looking for Arnav

Why you love it: We all know that Mamiji is tough on the exterior but a softie inside... just like Arnav. Behind the taunts, she does care for her DILs and her concern for Khushi when she goes missing is adorable. From near panicking and deciding to reveal the truth to others, to covering up for Khushi when she arrives in dirty and torn clothes, I like their bonding in this track 😳. Which is why, her accusations after this track hurt me more than the earlier one .

ArShi/Non-ArShi?: Both

Moment: Holi

Why you love it: Although I said I would stick to Non-Arshi, my list ended up including Arshi moments too πŸ˜†. But this one is a mix of both. Although this is not a single moment, I like nearly whole of the Holi celebration. Family reunion, drunk dancing and of course Arshi... everything is wonderful. Especially because it comes after the heavy tear-jerking forced marriage track, this is a good respite from all that drama πŸ˜ƒ.

ArShi/Non-ArShi?: Umm Non-Arshi I guess?!

Moment: Karvachauth morning at breakfast time

Why you love it: Arnav and Anjali tease the others together, while Mamiji, Khushi and NK are the bechare bhukhe log here πŸ˜†. It's a cute family moment, something that one can envision happening as a regular occurence. And while I do not advocate teasing fasting people with food, I like how the groups are unexpectedly divided. It's usually Arnav or Mamiji shouting and taunting Khushi while Anjali takes her side and defends her. This is a nice change from that πŸ˜³.

Moment: When Buaji scolds Arnav for forgetting Khushi's birthday 

Why you love it: Can I just that I LOVE this moment!! β€οΈ πŸ˜† The way Buaji goes on and on about mard ki jaat while Arnav digs himself a deeper hole by asking Khushi why she didn't inform him πŸ€£. I also like the follow up where Buaji gives him the cold shoulder and later stuffs him with food πŸ˜†. Yes, I don't care if you think I'm a sadist.. but Arnav deserved this and more for raising the idiotic contract marriage thing again and breaking Khushi's heart after everything she did to save him πŸ₯Ί. Also, it's funny and cute to see Arnav bumbling and fumbling in front of a stern Buaji πŸ˜†.

That was my list. Thank you for bringing such wonderful posts and making us reminisce Arshi moments  β€οΈ.

I'm sure I missed many good moments, but these are just a few from the top of my head πŸ˜³. Will wait to see what others bring up β­οΈ.

Love,

Stuti

Edited by ssttuuttii - 3 years ago
Savera84 thumbnail

Moment: Proper Engagement

Why you love it: I love that moment because, Arnav googled (just like us) all the rituals of engagement to please his already ho chuki hone wali.  

[Credit to uploader]

That was so cute.  It got better and better until the dreaded day.

I will come back when I find more GIFs πŸ˜Š

Cheers.....

Savera84 thumbnail

I found one more.

ArShi/Non-ArShi?:ArShi

Moment: Khushi was fasting and hungry.  Arnav was trying to take her mind away from food until the moon turns up.  

Why you love it: He was lost in her beauty.  They both were looking gorgeous in their respective outfits.  Loved the song and their dance.

[Credit to uploader]

Cheers......

Love.life2 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

My best moments are going to be about the iconic love story of Arshi that made IPK what it is imo.  

1. Arshi / Non Arshi : Arshi. When Arnav is in tears when he sees Khushi through the window after he brings the fainted Khushi due to the Guest house collapse 

Why you love it : Because his feelings and care for Khushi were evident for the first time 

2. Arshi / Non Arshi : Arshi

When Khushi sees Arnav buying all pigeons for the little girl for his father 

Why you love it : Khushi saw the tenderness in a seemingly stone hearted guy like Arnav and how he made the little girl happy while  he was hurting for his parents. 

3.  Arshi / Non Arshi - Arshi 

When Khushi sees Arnav beat up the goons for her 

Why you love it : Arnav can't stand anyone hurting Khushi and he was out of control but The moment Khushi keeps her hand on his shoulder  he calms down. She's the calming force in his turbulent life. 

4.  Arshi / Non Arshi - Arshi

When Arnav puts his hand on Khushi's head to comfort her at the hospital 

Why you love it : Khushi turned to him for comfort the day before but he couldn't console her. That simple gesture can't be expressed in words but meant the world to Khushi who was scared of losing her foster father, the only person who loved and protected her after she lost her parents. 

Arshi / Non Arshi - Arshi

When Arnav thinks Khushi met with an accident. Running after the ambulance with his breath caught in his throat. 

Why I loved it : It showed the extent of his feelings for her. That he realized he couldn't live without her and that's exactly why he reacted the way he did after the terrace scene. Betrayal was the biggest factor but to force Khushi to marry him because he needed her in his life like his next breath. 

Arshi/ Non Arshi - Arshi

Kidnap phase when Arnav Khushi talk to each other telepathically 

Why you loved it : The realization by both that they need each other nothing else despite everything they had been through. Their love overcame all the hurt and hateful moments. From it means nothing Arnav felt Nothing else matters other than Khushi. 

x.titli.x thumbnail

feel free to use the gifs/icons/siggies , made these years agoπŸ˜†

ArShi moment : ArHi Teri Meri dance

Why? The dance of love, filled with passion, possessiveness yet care and love... I remember having a whole sleepless weekend and had uni on Monday lolπŸ˜†I was little disappointed though, the BTS was hotter ahem β˜ΊοΈ (forever unsatisfied soulπŸ˜†)

Non-ArShi moment: Anjali discovers Shyam's true face. The falldown.

Why?  This is probably their best intense scene. The falldown was epic and both have nailed it completely. The way Anjali realizes, throws away her mangalsutra and then Shyaam's self realization and trying to compensate by saying he was forced to admit. The scene was really well done overall. What a direction! 

Will be back with some more πŸ˜‰ Such a superb post and ufffff for the gifs you've shared

Maria

Edited by DreamyButterfly - 3 years ago
xZoyax thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

wonderful PostπŸ‘

I love the entire IPK but some are my THE most fav ones.

My Best Arshi/ Non Arshi moments.

1-ASR and Sheesh Mahal

Why I love it ?

His walk and his attitude but above all his focused, burned and agonized face with painful eyes after he gets down the helicopter and stares at Sheesh mahal. Barun is excellent here even at the beginning he was just getting into his character              

2-Dargha scene

Why I love it ?

This scene shows the entire essence of the show. No matter how much angry he got with her but he always got melted by one touch of her. He yearned for it badly.

3- Guesthouse

Why I love it ?

The first time he shows an endless care and love without even knowing it. His admiration of Khushi behind closed eyes is a legacy of IPK and he simply couldn't resist her no matter what.

Edited by xZoyax - 3 years ago
IPodcastKKND thumbnail

Originally posted by: ssttuuttii

Res. Be back in few hours.

--------

Edited :

Your list is wonderful and like those moments too. Shipper Anjali is Sooooo much Fun and your GIFs are more so!  Payash wedding phase is the golden era not only because of Arshi but everyone else combined - Teasing Anjali, clueless NK, bickering Mama-Mami, Thumke wali Buaji and Nani, and of course our sweet Payash.

Anyway, I've ranted enough about that track in my last post too. So, I'll spare it this time πŸ˜†. And for a change, I'll not even take up Arshi moments. So here are my top 5 Non-Arshi moments πŸ˜ƒ.

Moment: When NK gifts Khushi a locket as wedding gift

Why you love it: NK had been interested in Khushi but he decided to put aside his feelings and be a good friend to her. Not to forget that this is one of the only proper gifts that Khushi gets for her wedding. Also, can we just appreciate how thoughtful NK's gift are - the locket now and friendship bracelet + promise on her birthday later .

Moment: Mamiji calling Laxminagar to inquire about Khushi when she goes missing during kidnap track while looking for Arnav

Why you love it: We all know that Mamiji is tough on the exterior but a softie inside... just like Arnav. Behind the taunts, she does care for her DILs and her concern for Khushi when she goes missing is adorable. From near panicking and deciding to reveal the truth to others, to covering up for Khushi when she arrives in dirty and torn clothes, I like their bonding in this track 😳. Which is why, her accusations after this track hurt me more than the earlier one .

ArShi/Non-ArShi?: Both

Moment: Holi

Why you love it: Although I said I would stick to Non-Arshi, my list ended up including Arshi moments too πŸ˜†. But this one is a mix of both. Although this is not a single moment, I like nearly whole of the Holi celebration. Family reunion, drunk dancing and of course Arshi... everything is wonderful. Especially because it comes after the heavy tear-jerking forced marriage track, this is a good respite from all that drama πŸ˜ƒ.

ArShi/Non-ArShi?: Umm Non-Arshi I guess?!

Moment: Karvachauth morning at breakfast time

Why you love it: Arnav and Anjali tease the others together, while Mamiji, Khushi and NK are the bechare bhukhe log here πŸ˜†. It's a cute family moment, something that one can envision happening as a regular occurence. And while I do not advocate teasing fasting people with food, I like how the groups are unexpectedly divided. It's usually Arnav or Mamiji shouting and taunting Khushi while Anjali takes her side and defends her. This is a nice change from that πŸ˜³.

Moment: When Buaji scolds Arnav for forgetting Khushi's birthday 

Why you love it: Can I just that I LOVE this moment!! β€οΈ πŸ˜† The way Buaji goes on and on about mard ki jaat while Arnav digs himself a deeper hole by asking Khushi why she didn't inform him πŸ€£. I also like the follow up where Buaji gives him the cold shoulder and later stuffs him with food πŸ˜†. Yes, I don't care if you think I'm a sadist.. but Arnav deserved this and more for raising the idiotic contract marriage thing again and breaking Khushi's heart after everything she did to save him πŸ₯Ί. Also, it's funny and cute to see Arnav bumbling and fumbling in front of a stern Buaji πŸ˜†.

That was my list. Thank you for bringing such wonderful posts and making us reminisce Arshi moments  β€οΈ.

I'm sure I missed many good moments, but these are just a few from the top of my head πŸ˜³. Will wait to see what others bring up β­οΈ.

Love,

Stuti

Oh your comment is just as beautiful as these comments <3 My heart was so full after reading this! Thank you so much for liking the gifs! Well one can't say enough about the golden era of IPK so no comment of yours will be too much!

#1 Yes, I LOVE NK-Khushi. They were so wholesome, supportive, kind and sweet. I think the most beautiful thing is they always had each other's back. YES! I love the evolution from crush to friendship on NK's side. This is positive masculinity! And you're right, he is the only one who actually gave her a wedding present. 

#2 One of the only good things in the kidnapping track was Mami's evolution. It was such a good development arc and I was crestfallen when she went back to accusing Khushi. Also because it was such a terrible thing to do. I had problems with the way the whole thing centered on 'Khushi being a woman needs to sacrifice for her in laws and even bring back Shyam while everyone forgets she was repeatedly harassed and once molested by the said man'. I hate women against women. Also, I don't know why it turned to only Arnav having a problem with Shyam. Shyam was just not Arnav's villain. He was Khushi's and Anjali's. Anyways, yes I loved how Mami - for that time - was, in her unique way, next to Khushi. 

#3 YES! I avoid Shyam totally while watching it and I just enjoy the Raizada's and Gupta's being high like a kite! 

#4 OMG that was hilarious. Again, totally ignoring Sheetal's existing, I loved how Khushi-NK-Mami were in one team and Anjali-Arnav were in their own. I couldn't stop laughing when Arnav is like "Wait, have you also kept a fast?" when NK was 'supporting' Khushi! And... the PAKODA SCENE!!!! 

$5 OKAY BUA JI IS THE BOSS! I was totally in love with Bua ji and I love love love how she treats Arnav like a child than 'damaad'. I love it how for Bua ji what matters is that her dearest Sanka Devi is upset and that's it. Yo, I totally loved this moment too. 

Thank YOU so much for your wonderful comment <3 

IPodcastKKND thumbnail

Originally posted by: Savera84

Moment: Proper Engagement

Why you love it: I love that moment because, Arnav googled (just like us) all the rituals of engagement to please his already ho chuki hone wali.  

[Credit to uploader]

That was so cute.  It got better and better until the dreaded day.

I will come back when I find more GIFs πŸ˜Š

Cheers.....

YES! OMG YES YES YES! They were literally so cute during their remarriage, especially engagement . You should be an official gif hunter πŸ€£

IPodcastKKND thumbnail

Originally posted by: Savera84

I found one more.

ArShi/Non-ArShi?:ArShi

Moment: Khushi was fasting and hungry.  Arnav was trying to take her mind away from food until the moon turns up.  

Why you love it: He was lost in her beauty.  They both were looking gorgeous in their respective outfits.  Loved the song and their dance.

[Credit to uploader]

Cheers......

OKAY THIS DANCE WAS FREAKING HOT. In my eyes this was the last episode of IPK. Because everything that made IPK work was here. We got an amazing, flirtatious Arnav - again, that pakoda scene. We got Akash and Payal just being cute. We got Mami, NK and their epic comedy. We got Anjali's maturity. 

AND WE GOT EVERYTHING AND MORE FOR ARNAV AND KHUSHI. Their intimate dancing, teasing, flirting and a soft, sweet conversation. This is one of my favorite dances cause they're so familiar with each other!