Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

What surname would Virushka's daughter get?

Poll

What surname would Virat and Anushka's daughter get?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 years ago

Anushka didn't change her surname from "Sharma" to "Kohli" after marriage.

She refused to bend down to the patriarchy of Virat and his family.
But the surname "Sharma" she took forward was still from her father's side, not her mother's. 

So she bended down to the patriarchy of her father.

Would she also let her daughter to bend down to the patriarchy of her father, by letting her take the surname "Kohli"?

Or would she give her daughter her surname "Sharma", to let her daughter smash patriarchy from birth itself?

Or would the parents take the easy way out, by giving their daughter both the surnames, from both father and mother's side of the family?

But then would it be "Sharma Kohli" or "Kohli Sharma"?

Also wouldn't this practice create trouble for their daughter, when she becomes mother, what surname would she give to her child?

The girl would have to give father's surname, mother's surname and also husband's surname to her child to maintain equality for both the genders.

Anyway, what surname would Virat and Anushka give their daughter according to you?

Remember that I'm saying "would", not "should".

I'm asking to make a prediction. Not telling the parents what they should do.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

When Anushka’s parents got married it was very customary and common for women to take their husband’s last names. So her mother is a Sharma as well. Things have changed now and women don’t necessarily follow that patriarchal tradition.  But that rule still applies to children. Almost always children are given the father’s last name though some do use the mother’s last name as the child’s middle name but even that’s not that common.  So at most this child will be a ____ Sharma Kohli.  

Also, a lot of female celebrities keep their maiden names for business purposes because that’s what they are known as but legally still take the husband’s name.  I don’t know if this is the case with Anushka or not. But I do agree that taking the man’s name is archaic, patriarchal, and flat out misogynistic.  

HearMeRoar thumbnail

While I agree it is patriarchal to take only daddy's name, what is the other option? Hyphenated names?

So what happens if Virshka baby marries DeepVeer son, and they reproduce?

XYZ Sharma-Kohli-Padukone- Singh Bavnani?

And so on and so forth?😆

Edited by HearMeRoar - 3 years ago
BornWithASmirk thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

When Anushka’s parents got married it was very customary and common for women to take their husband’s last names. So her mother is a Sharma as well. Things have changed now and women don’t necessarily follow that patriarchal tradition.  But that rule still applies to children. Almost always children are given the father’s last name though some do use the mother’s last name as the child’s middle name but even that’s not that common.  So at most this child will be a ____ Sharma Kohli.  

Also, a lot of female celebrities keep their maiden names for business purposes because that’s what they are known as but legally still take the husband’s name.  I don’t know if this is the case with Anushka or not. But I do agree that taking the man’s name is archaic, patriarchal, and flat out misogynistic.  

So anushka is anushka Kohli and Deepika is Deepika singh BhavnanI in govt records you saying??

Can someone check their Aadhar😆

BornWithASmirk thumbnail

Kohli-Sharma is still small and they might go with that.

But I'm curious for the other couple. Their baby will be what? 

XYZ  Padukone Singh Bhavnani that's too long. No way deepika dropping Padukone. Ranveer already dropped Bhavnani I guess. So basically it will be just xyz Padukone😛

BornWithASmirk thumbnail

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

While I agree it is patriarchal to take only daddy's name, what is the other option? Hyphenated names?

And so on and so forth?😆

Padukone kid will marry Kapoor kid. Jaipur new year celebration was basically future kids rishta meeting.

It will be XYZ Padukone Singh Bhavnani-Bhatt Kapoor

Sharpener thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

And so on and so forth?😆

😆

S_H_Y thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Sharma kohli 

Her daughter's daughter would take Kohli and whatever name her husband is

Edited by S_H_Y - 3 years ago
HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: BornWithASmirk

Padukone kid will marry Kapoor kid. Jaipur new year celebration was basically future kids rishta meeting.

It will be XYZ Padukone Singh Bhavnani-Bhatt Kapoor

Then Virushka girl could marry Taimur, and the child from that marriage would be ABC Sharma-Kohli-Kapoor-Khan Pataudi.

Gasp! What happens if ABC then marries XYZ Padukone-Singh Bavnani-Bhatt-Kapoor?😆

YourCat thumbnail

Sharma or Kohli-Sharma

Recently, when Kohli was asked what he'd like to change once Anusha and he are blessed with a child, the cricket star reportedly replied, "Everything in life is transient. It will end one day. I have a life. I have a family. I will have kids. They deserve all my time. That is something that is very, very clear and close to my heart. I want no part of my career being flashed in my house. I want no part of my trophies, my achievements, nothing in my house when our kids are growing up. Well, looks like they've got it all planned!