Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Representation of female scientist in Mission mangal

NoraSM thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

https://youtu.be/FdQA-pE2luQ

This is a discussion with NASA Flight Engineer Cady Coleman 

The questions they ask her are = 

How do you stay close to your kids? 

What extra daddy duties your husband has to take on since you are there on a 6 months mission?

I was watching this video and it occurred to me that this is what people expect from women, even if they are scientists and doing the greatest work that they can do for themselves and their community, we have to make sure that their husbands and kids are happy with them

Women can lead supply ship operations for International Space Center but all these people find interesting in them are, how they are managing to be a good mother?

The movie was applauded and loved 

I just disliked Vidya's character for this reason 

Edited by NoraSM - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CottonWorld thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 3

It's India.  Have to do add the Bhartiya naari sarvashresth angle. Without any flaws. Jack of all trades and master of all.

Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

That’s true - culture difference 

Indra nooyi once said in one of her interviews that she was late from work and her mother/mil asked her go get the milk - even though her husband was home at that time. 

myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Even if you are PM you are expected to take care of family for women forget scientist 

What do you think ISRO women have it easy? just because its scientist job 

OK this is most women schedule even now after wedding 

getting up at 4am cooking, getting tiffin and lunch ready for family drop kids to school than leaving at 8am to office than coming at 7pm than again cooking, teaching kids etc 

no matter you are teachers, lecturer, scientist, govt servant, or private 

I guess 80% live like this only after marriage in india 

only 20% will have adjusting husband or order from hotels or have maids etc 

NoraSM thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: CottonWorld

It's India.  Have to do add the Bhartiya naari sarvashresth angle. Without any flaws. Jack of all trades and master of all.

This is not only about India

NoraSM thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Nishita123

Indra nooyi once said in one of her interviews that she was late from work and her mother/mil asked her go get the milk - even though her husband was home at that time. 

I don't see cultural difference, this is NASA broadcast where host is asking silly questions to a brilliant lady, when she is trying to talk about her research work

pali001 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Nishita123

This is partly due to women wanting it all for their daughters...Indira's mom did not want to take liberties with her son in law(old school) ...the thought that if you push a man enough...he will leave her daughter. He is already burdened with the fact that his wife is true Alpha...i mean Nooyi runs a american corporate that represents US's capitalism.

These are the same mothers who want their daughters to do well in academics and jobs. Indian mothers are yet to get to a place for them to be okay with their daughters husbands walking out let alone be instrumental in that(in their view).

I started to believe a little less in culture difference - after seeing since more than a decade of what i see, there is little(there is some but Marginal) difference in how men/women/mothers/fathers think or behave even in the west. 

heartbleed thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: myviewprem

OK this is most women schedule even now after wedding 

getting up at 4am cooking, getting tiffin and lunch ready for family drop kids to school than leaving at 8am to office than coming at 7pm than again cooking, teaching kids etc 

no matter you are teachers, lecturer, scientist, govt servant, or private 

I guess 80% live like this only after marriage in india 

😲