Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

GumGum thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: BornWithASmirk

He will go back to Deepika for sure.

Kya faayda? Ek under-performer aur Bhansali phir se gaddhe mein. Even Kaka fears that, issi liye nacha raha hai Bhansali ko despite getting approached for Baiju. 

Mugda thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

If Devdas Is Remade These Actors Should Be Cast In It

BornWithASmirk thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: GumGum

Kya faayda? Ek under-performer aur Bhansali phir se gaddhe mein. Even Kaka fears that, issi liye nacha raha hai Bhansali ko despite getting approached for Baiju. 

Let's see how alias film performs. Critics would be hyping her no matter what. I want to see how general audience and box office reacts.

GumGum thumbnail

Originally posted by: BornWithASmirk

Let's see how alias film performs. Critics would be hyping her no matter what. I want to see how general audience and box office reacts.

She doesn't have Kjo's chhatrachhaya anymore. I think Bolly Prediction was talking about Alia-Ranveer's film with Kjo getting shelved. 

Some of the journalists, like Justin Rao, even mocked her nostril flaring act during her last two. Film critics are actually late reactors... bandwagoners. Jo ek do journalists keh rahe the woh ab 10 A-list reviewers kahenge. 

I am XYZ actor/actress's friend/fan/adore him/her type clout chasing se last kuch saal koi negativity bina films release karte aa rahi thi... ab woh din bhi nahin rahe. Her saath khoon maaf peak period is over... gangu teli Alia ke saath saath SLB ko bhi dubayegi. 

Agni_Jytsona thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: TMKOC_MY

That should be awarded as the worst replacement ever in mankind history πŸ€£

a better actor replaced a poor one how is that a bad thing?

Agni_Jytsona thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Lonewalker.

SLB ran out of options πŸ˜†What to doπŸ˜†

During the Deepika phase also he had only 2 choices left whom he could groom into beauties suitable enough to turn into his Mastaani & Padmavati. Sonam & Deepika. For whatever reason SLB liked DP more & hence 3 movies.

Now that DP got older, also married, SLB had to move on & the only option he is left with this time is Alia. Among the newer batch she is the only one who has got the hype. Even if SLB doesn't like it, he has to accept it.

I wish he had it in him to take up a relatively less hyped / nobody and turn her into his next muse. Then Yami or Kiara could have been an option too.

we saw what happened with mastani and padmavati a wooden log completely expressionless atleat slb s current heroine knows how to act

Agni_Jytsona thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sharpener

Alia did not replace DP, someone in the future will. Alia is doing the ordinary village girl characters, like in Sonam's words, the ugly ones get the good acting roles πŸ˜†

Ash and DP were surely decorated Christmas trees but you gotta have grace, beauty and femininity to pull that off and that's what audiences wanted to see in SLB's grand movies. Alia has none of that hence the kothewaali druggie bachi kinda roles (nothing wrong in it of course).

so basically village girls are not beautiful they are ugly  wow what a mentality

.Lonewalker. thumbnail

Originally posted by: Krishnapanchali

we saw what happened with mastani and padmavati a wooden log completely expressionless atleat slb s current heroine knows how to act

Whether Mastani & Padmavati being "wooden log" was DP's limitations as an actress or SLB's misguided vision about grace & elegance is debatable, but Mastaani & Padmavati were at least beautiful to look at. 

SLB casts actresses as per the character's requirements. Mastani & Padmavati's foremost criteria was looking extremely beautiful and he was satisfied with DP for that.

For roles requiring strong acting chops he casted Rani, Priyanka & now probably Alia. But they don't fit into typical SLB heroine's image.

And I don't find Alia some sort of legendary acting talent. So, the first thing my not-so-expert-about-acting eyes noticed was looks and yes from Deepika to Alia that's a considerable downgrade in my opinion.

Edited by .Lonewalker. - 3 years ago
.Lonewalker. thumbnail

Originally posted by: Krishnapanchali

so basically village girls are not beautiful they are ugly  wow what a mentality

Aren't you twisting the words too much?πŸ˜†

To be fair, the writer here didn't say all Village Girls are ugly. Some of them are of course pretty. Like with any population. Some are pretty, some are average / ordinary, some are ugly. He/she used the word "Ordinary Village Girl" to imply the role Alia is doing of any average village girl. Quoting Sonam here was done to mock Alia not the female population of rural area as a whole.

Calm down.

Agni_Jytsona thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Lonewalker.

Whether Mastani & Padmavati being "wooden log" was DP's limitations as an actress or SLB's misguided vision about grace & elegance is debatable, but Mastaani & Padmavati were at least beautiful to look at. 

SLB casts actresses as per the character's requirements. Mastani & Padmavati's foremost criteria was looking extremely beautiful and he was satisfied with DP for that.

For roles requiring strong acting chops he casted Rani, Priyanka & now probably Alia. But they don't fit into typical SLB heroine's image.

ofcouse it was deepika s limitation as an actress she is just very overhyped  beauty is debatable too 

and if slb casts actresses according to characters then there is no specific type of slb heroine alia pc and rani are as much as slb heroine as much as ash deepika atleast ash is actually beautiful plus was decent in her performance 

plus pc looked more beautiful deepika in bm and acted better than both deepika and ranveer