Views

Users

Frequent Posters

heartbleed thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: BettyA1

Thank you @heartbleed, it’s not very often I am called “intelligent”

I don’t usually comment on member related threads, don’t even read the posts most of the time, sometimes maybe just the first page

But I am glad I opened this thread today :)

🤗

S_H_Y thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

S_H_Y

Edited by S_H_Y - 3 years ago
Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

I don't think anyone in the forum is intelligent. intelligent people don't argue and defend with strangers for privileged strangers who don't give rat's ass for ourselves.

We tend to like members whose views and our views match, but if we analyse the posts of every member, than we will find all of them are irrational in some topics, regarding certain celebrities and have certain bias.

Doesn't make them idiots, but in IF, almost all of us, if not all, are intellectually average people with some being more articulate, hence they tend to sound "intelligent", but they are not.

So moral of the story, we tend to agree to find people whom we agree with, or think they are polite/kind, to be intelligent.

JayaBachan thumbnail

There is no single way to define intelligence. Some are creative geniuses, whilst others have excellent interpersonal/interpersonal intelligence. Not to forget the various other forms of intelligence that also exist (musical, special, existential, linguistic, etc). With such a broad definition, I couldn’t possibly narrow it down to just a few members. 

Justice4Samosa thumbnail

Originally posted by: mintyblue

So far in 5 years I have spent at IF this post impressed me the most:

Khai and his/hers description of 2020 movies in 1 line each:

awwww tx

diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: mintyblue

You can take multiple names.😊

For me:

Looney86

Khai

Capricon rocks

Filmi Dhun

Sidnillove

Rekha jee

Dia Singh

Freelancer

and many more....can't recall right now...

Haha. This was surprising and unexpected. Thanks Minty.👍🏼 

I really like your topics and I love how reasonable you come across in your posts, even when you disagree with someone.

diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

This was surprise mention. Thanks. I've always thought of myself as a random poster who couldn't/wouldn't be noticed.😆

Silpa20 thumbnail
IPL 2023 Match Winner Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: diasingh2

This was surprise mention. Thanks. I've always thought of myself as a random poster who couldn't/wouldn't be noticed.😆

I like reading your views on topics.i always read your posts😊

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: MujheMaarjaneDo

I don't think anyone in the forum is intelligent. intelligent people don't argue and defend with strangers for privileged strangers who don't give rat's ass for ourselves.

We tend to like members whose views and our views match, but if we analyse the posts of every member, than we will find all of them are irrational in some topics, regarding certain celebrities and have certain bias.

Doesn't make them idiots, but in IF, almost all of us, if not all, are intellectually average people with some being more articulate, hence they tend to sound "intelligent", but they are not.

So moral of the story, we tend to agree to find people whom we agree with, or think they are polite/kind, to be intelligent.

I don't see it that way.

I see a group of strangers who are all passionate about cinema and cinema stars coming together for exchanging views and dissenting opinions. And definitely being articulate is a form of intelligence as well.

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

On B/W forum:

Aditi

allthatcritique

myviewprem

fosla

Veni vid

Talis

Kamala

you❤️