Gustaakh nazrein and Gumraah aankhein

Posted: 3 years ago

Good afternoon, beheno! 

Aaj ka din toh Cadbury Dairy Milk (blurred) ke ad jingle ke saath shuru hua na : Kuch meetha ho jaaye 😆 

So since we are getting used to "raat gayi baat gayi" approach of the showmakers, I am shifting focus from the (still indigestible part) conversation of yesterday. 

Two things caught my attention today: 

1. Never known that love:

A girl, all of 18 or 19 (or is it 23 as per mark sheet?😆 but HSC topper 23 kaise ho sakti hai?), has perhaps witnessed for the first time a couple in love, "who can't keep their hands off each other" even in public. It was awkward for her, visibly. But did she squirm? No. To me, her awkwardness was about being there but more of the fact that she herself, perhaps, had never experienced or seen such a public display of affection before. Just a few seconds but that slipping hands into each other's and that kiss on Shivani's forehead had Sai look away but smile. 

Made me wonder (also since this issue has been on the top of the head since yesterday): She has been a victim of real, unabated sexual harassment for three years we are told -- which began at the age of 15 -- generally the time when girls begin to fantasize about men or crush over someone around them (and boys, of course, vice-versa, go out on unsupervised outings with friends, develop feelings of wanting a 'special friend'. Which girl/boy does not want to experience this feeling? Haven't circumstances in life have actually robbed her of so many experiences that early adolescence years bring? Her trauma of being threatened and violated has been so long and is actually so fresh that Sai must have probably never imagined allowing a man to come so close as she saw Shivani and her BF (I can't recall his name ). 

It also makes me think that despite feeling the attraction for Virat, her instant defence to break eye contact, look away or purposely bring on the distraction with the 'chirpy kid' attitude has a lot to do with her inner insecurity of the physical intimacy apart from the fact that there is a "vaada" echoing in her ears. 

Today, especially, during the "Gusthak Nazron ne..." background song, she was not as "conscious" during the eye lock as she had been on the street and the riverside. But, as if almost in a realisation, she distracted herself and him with the "ye meri chocolate hai" excitement, totally breaking the moment on purpose and walking away with Babaji ka prasad. 

Also, it the first time that she must have actually "felt" a man's warm breath with Virat blowing air on her injured palm. Her reaction was well portrayed in that scene. 

I found it very significant that her thoughts had a flashback of the wedding, especially the mangalsutra scene, when Shivani nudged her. I always thought that it was the moment of their silent but loud acknowledgement of what their 'marriage' means. 

Would love to see this version of the show addressing some part of the inhibition that Sai might feel while we see her falling in love, daydreaming and developing the kind of feelings a young girl should have (high hopes, I know). What do you all think?   

2. Who is picking the pawns?

A seasoned chess player would know that moving all the pawns towards the centre way too quickly can be risky but it is a strategy to crush your opponent. The player also gets the space to make other moves, especially if the opponent is passive and can be easily slaughtered. Generally, thinking players do not move all their pawns together because it suppresses development and allows the opponent to take advantage of the risk involved if they catch you off guard. 

Bhavani's eye for the friction between Virat-Sai and Patralekha has given her enough insight to see how she can use PP's insecurity and jealousy to keep Sai engaged and drain her in mind battles. I found it extremely significant that Bhavani was almost "surprised" when PP, in her continuing anger, ended up taunting Sai even in her absence. It was THE moment that Bhavani did not want to miss -- she instantly signalled Sonali to take Karishma away so that she could have space alone to herself and PP. I found it so creepy --almost the feeling of the infernal serpent slipping into the mind filled with delusion and envy. Bhavani has absolutely caught the low self-esteem PP is feeling in the context of the "love" relationship with Virat. The resentment on PP's face and the heat in her tone and her piercing eyes even in Sai's absence. 

Bhavani instantly resorted to puffery - Bhavani's eyes expressed perfectly (credit to Kishori Sahane) the tale of how she had caught the cat. Her "Tum hi ho, jo is billi ko ghanti baandh sakti ho"... the "permission" to attack was actually her 'induction' into the dark world, where Bhavani probably has many reeking secrets. Welcome, Patralekha, to the first rung of a black hole, where you have stepped on in your zombied frenzy of wanting to "repossess" what (who) you desire, not love.   

Bhavani always knew she was going to use PP. At first, she thought of using PP against Ashwini when Sai was not in the picture but now, she thinks PP can serve both her purposes -- so by hurting Sai, Bhavani will also clip Ashwini's wings apart from her direct need to hurt Sai herself. Also, by enticing Sai into verbal battles, knowing the trigger words that can make Sai go out of control, Bhavani wants to win back her complete control over Virat. Because, deep down, Bhavani still feels that Virat will choose Chavan khandaan over Sai if there is a dilemma of such sorts.  

Patralekha, on the other hand, is unable to see through Bhavani's intentions because she feels that apart from the "Samrat ke paise" part, there can be no more malice against the 'unche ghar ki, padhi likhi, susheel, hamari pasand ki Shahannav Kuli Maratha bahu'. She will happily ride the illusionary horse that Bhavani is mounting her on, taking the "permission" at face value without realising that with each leap that her horse takes, she will fall deeper into the dungeon, where the fall will land her on cold ice. In the process, she will not only lose Virat, who has already unplugged himself or the end of the rope of her actual redemption- Samrat (not that she even cares at the moment) but she will actually lose herself.  

Bhavani picking Patralekha for her move on this chessboard is definitely with no intention of preserving her. When the time comes for the opponents to counter the attack with the best offence, Bhavani will send Patralekha to slaughter without a second thought.

I still wish there is a better end to the serpent that has slipped into Patralekha's mind. But, some things, are not meant to be.  

It was nice to see IPS officer recalling the first-degree injury inflicted upon his wife after his much-needed inner voice about "I want to be with you". Chalo, at least a start to self-acknowledgement and clearing up the fog. 

Shivani telling Sai that Ashwini called her and narrated the incidents of the day and Shivani bringing the ice gloves was a touching gesture (why doesn't Ashwini have open talks with Virat about anything?) 

Ending with this:

"When you do things from your soul, a river of joy moves within you"

Have a lovely day ahead, dear ones!

Hugs 🤗and love ❤️ to everyone who reads-- agrees and disagrees-- to keep fuelling the grey matter!

Thank you! 

Agree with all your points Janki. As always fabulous post. Just adding in

1) Zimmedari : Thanks to Shivani bua, when she said Do you really think he is just doing all this as a part of zimmedari only. And the flashbacks of what Virat has done for Sai are for her to acknowledge that there is something much between them then just deal wali shaadi. And his every sacrifice cannot be brushed under carpet of zimmedari.

2) Together : Today in first scene have a puppy face look of Sai. Yes she wants to be pampered, but the only man she allows to do it Virat. She is slowly opening up her dil ke darwaze with caution. Unaware she will be hurting herself in the process if the attachment with him grows. Its best to have a defense approach here. 

It has to be Virat who has to take first step here in their journey together. As he said " pata nahi kyun mein is safar mein tumhara sath dena chahta hoon" . Even he doesn't know answers yet on why he wants it. But aag dono taraf barabar lagi hai. And both have lot to self introspect before making a confession . 

Originally posted by njain16385

Agree with all your points Janki. As always fabulous post. Just adding in

1) Zimmedari : Thanks to Shivani bua, when she said Do you really think he is just doing all this as a part of zimmedari only. And the flashbacks of what Virat has done for Sai are for her to acknowledge that there is something much between them then just deal wali shaadi. And his every sacrifice cannot be brushed under carpet of zimmedari.

2) Together : Today in first scene have a puppy face look of Sai. Yes she wants to be pampered, but the only man she allows to do it Virat. She is slowly opening up her dil ke darwaze with caution. Unaware she will be hurting herself in the process if the attachment with him grows. Its best to have a defense approach here. 

It has to be Virat who has to take first step here in their journey together. As he said " pata nahi kyun mein is safar mein tumhara sath dena chahta hoon" . Even he doesn't know answers yet on why he wants it. But aag dono taraf barabar lagi hai. And both have lot to self introspect before making a confession . 

they are still in the "naam kya dey rishte ko" phase.

Confession would take a long way😭😭😭

Originally posted by Ishradivani

they are still in the "naam kya dey rishte ko" phase.

Confession would take a long way😭😭😭

Anticipation before confession is the best part dear

Brilliant janki. I really liked how you noticed it was sais first time noticing a couple in love.i entirely missed it.Since sai has grown up without a mom it will definitely be sais first time watching a couple caress and kiss each other.And sai emote is perfectly. Her awkwardness and shy smile and looking away was sooo good.cute dew drop.

I like todays episode mainly bcoz ashwani finally stood up for sai against makaad gangsmiley7 and virat has FB about sais hand.Like u I am not fully satisfied but we will make dosmiley13

From yesterday's episode I get a feeling that virat knows sai is feeling something deeper for him and subconsciously he is like a shark who took after a small fish.Here small fish is sai and virat is after her maybe not yet romantically but definitely he wants to be acknowledged as the most important person in sais life.smiley4.The way he holds sais eye .smiley42

Coming to bhavanis paakhi  conversation I fully agree that bhavani is the master chess player with paakhi a mere pawn. Can u clear my doubt @green when bhavani congratulates paakhi for making sai do the masala paste I get the feeling that everything is out in the open.uptill now real paakhi was hiding behind those soft spoken words and that demure monotonous expression. And bhavani though knows paakhis true colours never acknowledged it.Today I felt that bhavani let paakhi know she even understood her innermost turmoil and paakhis hatred for sai and will support her

Maybe it's my feeling but watching todays bhavanis expression I felt like it was also a warning from bhavani to paakhi to walk the line she shows or else❓❓ paakhi will also regret it.

#1 Beautifully portrayed Sai and her emotions not just today, but her relationship with Virat always. Ayesha is doing a fab job in Sai's role..The excitement, the pain, the joy, the blush, the fear. we can sense it all..

For Sai, at her age, she might get attracted or even enjoy Virat's company, but accepting the physical intimacy is a little too much for her..She probably sees the care and concern from Virat as a care taker, not as the man of her life..

In one context, when Virat said pyaar ko kohne ka dard you dont know, because you were always given love. He meant the love in different perspective. But Sai's reference was from a daughter to a dad.

#2 WIthout Kaku, she plays the ugly game and has to be the limelight along with position and power, you are spot on.

Awesome post by you, Janki! 🤗

Originally posted by Jiss555

Brilliant janki. I really liked how you noticed it was sais first time noticing a couple in love.i entirely missed it.Since sai has grown up without a mom it will definitely be sais first time watching a couple caress and kiss each other.And sai emote is perfectly. Her awkwardness and shy smile and looking away was sooo good.cute dew drop.

I like todays episode mainly bcoz ashwani finally stood up for sai against makaad gangsmiley7 and virat has FB about sais hand.Like u I am not fully satisfied but we will make dosmiley13

From yesterday's episode I get a feeling that virat knows sai is feeling something deeper for him and subconsciously he is like a shark who took after a small fish.Here small fish is sai and virat is after her maybe not yet romantically but definitely he wants to be acknowledged as the most important person in sais life.smiley4.The way he holds sais eye .smiley42

Coming to bhavanis paakhi  conversation I fully agree that bhavani is the master chess player with paakhi a mere pawn. Can u clear my doubt @green when bhavani congratulates paakhi for making sai do the masala paste I get the feeling that everything is out in the open.uptill now real paakhi was hiding behind those soft spoken words and that demure monotonous expression. And bhavani though knows paakhis true colours never acknowledged it.Today I felt that bhavani let paakhi know she even understood her innermost turmoil and paakhis hatred for sai and will support her

Maybe it's my feeling but watching todays bhavanis expression I felt like it was also a warning from bhavani to paakhi to walk the line she shows or else❓❓ paakhi will also regret it.

@green: that's exactly what caught my attention. Bhavani was able to see through PP's actual jealousy and insecurity. She asked Sonali to take karishma away to be able to make PP feel validated. She noticed the rage with which PP was talking about Sai even when she wasn't around. So something told Bhavani that this is deeper than just standing up in support of the family. I think so far Bhavani had only heard about PP's feelings for Virat from others. Although she did believe it to an extent, today PP's behaviour cleared the entire picture for her. Her "mujhe daanto, Jhagda Karo" was like literally desperately begging with Virat to give her attention. And then her venom for Sai when no one was even around to get affected by it, Bhavani made her instant decision to make PP feel like she's going to unleash her on Sai now.

I don't think it's about understanding her inner most turmoil. Bhavani ko kya Lena dena. She's just going to use PP's frenzy to provoke Sai and try to pit her against the family so that Virat is left in a moral dilemma of making a choice. And that is exactly the challenge that Virat will now face. Will he really choose Sai if she's wrong at some point because she fell for some trap of the family and if he has to choose between her and the family? Bhavani is using PP to get to Sai to get control over Virat again - the chaheeta beta and PP thinks Bhavani is giving her the validation to go and demean Sai to get control over Virat the way she wants. But actually it is PP who will end up losing everything because at the end of the day, sharavan Kumar will not leave his Kaku in the cold even when he finds out that his wife was right and reunites with her. 

Of course Bhavani had a warning for Karishma and PP both. She has no love for anyone and so she's obviously not bothered about PP in that sense. If PP goes against the 'pride' Bhavani has, she won't be spared either.

I thought of the scene as one where Bhavani has completely taken possession of Patralekha's conscience and conscious.  

Originally posted by jankiraghav

@green: that's exactly what caught my attention. Bhavani was able to see through PP's actual jealousy and insecurity. She asked Sonali to take karishma away to be able to make PP feel validated. She noticed the rage with which PP was talking about Sai even when she wasn't around. So something told Bhavani that this is deeper than just standing up in support of the family. I think so far Bhavani had only heard about PP's feelings for Virat from others. Although she did believe it to an extent, today PP's behaviour cleared the entire picture for her. Her "mujhe daanto, Jhagda Karo" was like literally desperately begging with Virat to give her attention. And then her venom for Sai when no one was even around to get affected by it, Bhavani made her instant decision to make PP feel like she's going to unleash her on Sai now.

I don't think it's about understanding her inner most turmoil. Bhavani ko kya Lena dena. She's just going to use PP's frenzy to provoke Sai and try to pit her against the family so that Virat is left in a moral dilemma of making a choice. And that is exactly the challenge that Virat will now face. Will he really choose Sai if she's wrong at some point because she fell for some trap of the family and if he has to choose between her and the family? Bhavani is using PP to get to Sai to get control over Virat again - the chaheeta beta and PP thinks Bhavani is giving her the validation to go and demean Sai to get control over Virat the way she wants. But actually it is PP who will end up losing everything because at the end of the day, sharavan Kumar will not leave his Kaku in the cold even when he finds out that his wife was right and reunites with her. 

Of course Bhavani had a warning for Karishma and PP both. She has no love for anyone and so she's obviously not bothered about PP in that sense. If PP goes against the 'pride' Bhavani has, she won't be spared either.

I thought of the scene as one where Bhavani has completely taken possession of Patralekha's conscience and conscious.  

@green officially bhavanis pawn bangayi despokhi

I love all the nuances you and others have pointed out about Sai's awkwardness while watching PDA. I wonder if the actors and creatives think about all these things as deeply as we do as well. They must. Afterall unka kaam hai. But then sometimes i think not because if they did, there would be more tehraav and more scenes where we can see the charcters grow rather than the OTT drama and screaming matches. But i guess uska bhi alag maza hai. Sai erupting like a volcano and giving people a piece of her mind is always awesome. Especially when shes witty. She really is something. Such a lovable character. Cant watch the show and not end up rooting for her. Even if she errs i know i cant be objective. I'll always want to defend her like a vakeel. I'm so glad Ayesha is playing this part. I think it helps that shes a relative newcomer. She brings that freshness, spunk and charm because of that. I am loving her screen presence. 

I know its just a show but i really dread watching the episodes when there will be fighting and MUs between the leads. I hope that they stay true to Sai snd Virats personality and show how much they care about each other even when they will be fighting.