Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Flashback: Do you agree with Anushka's statement?

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

"We are all so lucky that we live in India because the taste is so mediocre that we are all stars"-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4X9YlbOq24

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

is she taking a dig at someone?😲

FilmiDhun thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Massive fail at self-deprecation.

She was trying to say that she isn't that great of a movie star, but with this statement she is also insulting the industry that has given her her career, all her colleagues, and all of India's moviegoers.

To be honest, mediocrity is everywhere... Its not like Hollywood's top blockbusters are cinematic masterpieces.. and there too they have stars who are just about decent in acting.

Some BW stars think that casually insulting your country is cool...🤢 Saif is another one who does it a lot 😡...

I am not a crazy patriotic or anything, I am not even Indian. But this kind of thoughtless, ill-informed wanna-be comments is just aggravating to me....😵

Maroonporsche thumbnail

She always rubbed me the wrong way. It’s not funny what she said it’s dumb. Also when someone like Abhishek trolls you for constantly being the bubbly Punjabi girl lmao you must really suck ðŸ˜†

myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I agree hero/heroines since 1980s are mostly mediocre except a few like sridevi, ammitabh, anil kapoor 

even movies are dumb and lack real content except a few

directors too are not great after 1970s only 

otherwise a satyajit ray/guru dutt/raj kapoor/bimal roy/hrishikesh mukherjee were equal to hollywood standards or better at showing stories on screen 

where do we have directors of that standard since 1970s? very few actually like shyam benegal

She is very right that its mediocre industry 

regional is better story wise and acting too or direction and music after 2000s than a bollywood

even small country like iraq is wining oscar and not us indian movies 

to think of it in 1950s or 60s or even 70s could an ananya, sara, jhanvi ever become actress

i do not find anushka/deepika/katrina fit to be heroines

they are lucky its a mediore audience snce 1970s or 80s so they get away with awful acting and looks or dressing etc 

Tiger shroff would have been doing tarzan kind C grade movies in 50s and 60s for his acting ability's 

Now hes a A grade super star 

Even hollywood standard has falle since 2000s but not as badly as bollywood 

Edited by myviewprem - 3 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Also if she knew the formula why didn’t she became the star of stars ðŸ˜†

TheMinion thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 8

Sher herself is the best example of being a star despite being less than mediocre...

sidnilove thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

That's an insult to the audience as well as everyone in the film industry that we refer to as a star.

She is not very articulate but that doesn't mean that she can spout rubbish.

If she wants to undervalue herself, she can go ahead and do it but to include everyone and to say that people in India have mediocre taste is taking it too far.

It's more surprising because she's a producer and wants to make different content. So, if you say that audience in India has mediocre taste, then why are you trying to make different content?

Also, I don't consider her a star. If she was not married to Virat, she would have become irrelevant by now.