Which Korean movie would you like to see a remake of?

shareShare facebook twitter
Posted: 3 months ago

I'm sure many members here watch Korean movies. I have to admit that the only Korean movie I have seen is 'Parasite' and I loved it!

I would love to see a remake of that movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xH0HfJHsaY

Oh pls ! We already had so many . BW shouldn’t  ruin anymore 

Originally posted by 2RsFan

Oh pls ! We already had so many . BW shouldn’t  ruin anymore 

Well, I am looking fwd to Dhamaka and Blind. Seems very interesting concepts. And no, in the hands of a capable director, it won't get ruined.

Originally posted by mintyblue

Well, I am looking fwd to Dhamaka and Blind. Seems very interesting concepts. And no, in the hands of a capable director, it won't get ruined.

Parasite was created by an exceptional director/writer.  Unless they're doing a copy/paste shot for shot remake they need more than capable.  Regardless, the original will always exist - it can't be ruined - even if there are a dozen bad remakes.

I still think another  Old Boy would be good. The Zinda movie with Sanjay and John lacked in action 

None!!! They would ruin it. There has never been a bollywood remake that went even close to what the original korean film was. But I would be lying if I said I didn't want to see a Parasite remake! Only because class issues are so big and apparent in India. A scene by scene remake wouldn't be quite possible because the struggles and lives of poor Koreans is different than a poor Indian person. The setting played a big part in the story and that would have to be adjusted in a Bollywood version. I don't know which director I would trust for the movie. I have to tried to think about which bollywood actors could play the roles and didn't find satisfying answers smiley36

A moment to remember could work in Bollywood. Truthfully, I’d love to see a remake of Train to Busan. Can already picture the zombie item song 

Edited by FingerFetish - 3 months ago