Bapuji l A Mini Rant

Arshi67 thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Much as I applaud Bapuji for the way in which he has stood by Anupama after Vanraj’s affair was revealed, I have a serious problem with the way he stands by silently when his wife is spouting vile, regressive nonsense. Why has he not sat her down and talked to her? Her language, her behaviour, is horribly uncouth and coarse. From what angle does it look like someone who has the “aukaat” she is accusing others of lacking?!

His silently empathising with Anupama when Baa is on one of her million rants, is now coming across as apathy on his part. The path of least resistance for his own sake. Occasionally shouting, “Bas”, in the heat of anger is ultimately irrelevant, as is the despairing,“Leela, Leela”. 

Baa and Bapuji have been shown as having a good marriage. Is not one of the major parts of a good relationship being able to point out the flaws in your spouse with tact? To give them perspective, to ground them? The freedom to express your point of view is very important, but so is the responsibility that comes with that freedom. Can he please point that out? 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

surabhi01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Bapuji could not shout much because he has heart problem and he has high BP problem 

Once baa   ask anupama   to go to her mayka 

U will not leave her  then baapuji  shout anupsma  isi ghar mein rahegi yeh anupama ka bhi ghar hai  to iske bapuji ko heart attack aa gaya. To bapuji agar  shout karenge  to unka BP  bhad jaayega  aur heart attack phir se aa sakta hai jo phir anupama ke liye aur problem  create hogi 

Bapuji Dont want anupama ke liye aur problem create ho isliye woh jyada khuch nahin bol paate 

Bhavisweet03 thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 3 0 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 5 0 Thumbnail + 8

Bapuji always support Anupama but when Leela would taunting Anu that time he remains silent. So I agree that bapuji has to explain Baa atleast now after revelation of Vanraj she must take Anupama's side. If she can't do then don't give any taana also. 

Arshi67 thumbnail

Originally posted by: surabhi01

Bapuji could not shout much because he has heart problem and he has high BP problem 

Once baa   ask anupama   to go to her mayka 

U will not leave her  then baapuji  shout anupsma  isi ghar mein rahegi yeh anupama ka bhi ghar hai  to iske bapuji ko heart attack aa gaya. To bapuji agar  shout karenge  to unka BP  bhad jaayega  aur heart attack phir se aa sakta hai jo phir anupama ke liye aur problem  create hogi 

Bapuji Dont want anupama ke liye aur problem create ho isliye woh jyada khuch nahin bol paate 

Shouting is pointless, particularly when Baa is in full flow. My point is why does he not reason with her about her behaviour away from everyone? 

Aapka kehna sahi ki, ki unhe apni tabiyat ka khayal rakhna chahiye. Lekin yadi ghar mein Baa itna chillaye nahi toh unki sehet aur bhi theek rahegi.  

Arshi67 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bhavisweet03

Bapuji always support Anupama but when Leela would taunting Anu that time he remains silent. So I agree that bapuji has to explain Baa atleast now after revelation of Vanraj she must take Anupama's side. If she can't do then don't give any taana also. 

Baa's "taanas" are jaw dropping, aren't they?! 

Bhavisweet03 thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 3 0 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 5 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Arshi67

Baa's "taanas" are jaw dropping, aren't they?! 

Yes exactly. She never had a single thought before speak up anything.

kooki07 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

because she had never been told off and to sort out her own behaviour so she is getting worse and worse because she thinks what ever she says is right otherwise at least someone had pointed it out .

silvermoonlight thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Baa is a grown woman !

Bapu ji shouldn’t have to say anything to her really & when he does she argues back 

The man is sick and heart broken enough with what Vankutha did as is

I don’t blame him 

I blame Anu who TAKES the shit and tells others to do the same

Arshi67 thumbnail

Originally posted by: kooki07

because she had never been told off and to sort out her own behaviour so she is getting worse and worse because she thinks what ever she says is right otherwise at least someone had pointed it out .

Yes, she is. The manner in which she welcomes Vanraj back was too much. When she told Anupamaa to do the nazar because "mere gale mein bal", I could think of a few more things that are wrong with her gala!!! 

Arshi67 thumbnail

Originally posted by: silvermoonlight

Baa is a grown woman !

Bapu ji shouldn’t have to say anything to her really & when he does she argues back 

The man is sick and heart broken enough with what Vankutha did as is

I don’t blame him 

I blame Anu who TAKES the shit and tells others to do the same

You are right, Baa is a grown woman. But, as we have seen, age is not a guarantor of wisdom or common sense (or any sense sometimes as in Baa's case!). 

Anupamaa's softly softly approach is not going to work on someone like Baa. She needs to be firmer. And that can be done without being rude, which would go against Anupamaa's character.