If Kareena did KHNH and Aish Chalte Chalte, they would have been in VZ - Page 3

Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by Maroonporsche

Kajol in one of SLBs movies would be weird no ?😆

😆 Right? I just can't see it. I know beauty is subjective but come on! Read up any SLB interview and you will see how much he talks about being mesmerized by the beauty of his heroines. He talks of looking into Aish's eyes and losing it and feeling he had just found his Nandini. He calls Deepika a gazelle or swan. He is praises their beauty, their grace. None of it sounds like Kajol.

Originally posted by Rhimjhimsawan

It really blows my mind. In HDDCS Aish's beauty plays such an integral role. SLB's heroines are all about looks (minus Black). No amount of make up would've made kajol look like what his heroines looked like. I have a hard time believing Kajol was meant to play any of those roles. Maybe KANK. But even then Abhi and Kajol would've been a weird combo. Or was she meant for PZ's role?

If Manisha Koirala can do Khamoshi, Rani Mukerji can do Black, Sonam Kapoor can do Saawariya, then I'm sure Kajol could EASILY pull off Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam and Devdas. ALthough, yes she is not considered a super model like Aishwarya Rai.

Originally posted by Charaiveti

True.with Aish the thing would have been all about how pretty she is. While the first thingveer thought about zara was that its not like she was the prettiest girl he ever saw but there was something in her that he couldnt take his eyes off her. 

But wait a minute. What's wrong with that? What's wrong with beauty? LOL 😳

Originally posted by Taify

Also, I do not thikn Kajol was offered kal ho na ho.... karan only discussed the movie with her.

Well maybe you should watch more of his interviews instead of "thinking".

Originally posted by Mahisa22

Bold: That was the only reason for Veer's love anyway. He hardly knew her for a day. He even had a dialogue, "Itni khoobsurat ladki maine aaj tak nahin dekha".

Exactly!

...Not saying Kajol hasn't done roles where heroes weren't immediately smitten by her beauty. But to me she is no where near SLB's other ladies when it comes to looks. So for a man who chooses very beautiful girls and works so hard to make them look perfect, I have a hard time imagining it was Kajol he wanted. Especially when this man is openly known for having pretty muses.

Your news can be right. Maybe he did want Kajol. I must've missed the interview where he discussed it. All I know is when Kajol was asked if she would like to be a SLB heroine she said "Yeah. Sure. No two ways about it but I don’t know if I will have the right presence of mind or perfection of posture to be a Sanjay Leela Bhansali heroine." She chose her words wisely. I feel like she is just trying to say she simply doesn't look like a SLB heroine.  

Yes, you did. And honestly even I was surprised because earlier I did find it hard to think SLB wanted Kajol in HDDCS/Devdas, but he DOES talk about it, in a VIDEO interview. If I find it I will post it.

Originally posted by Maraka_Musso89

Everyone wanted to bank on the SRK/Kajol jodi. No one would have taken Kajol In a movie and not made her the lead. Especially if it could have made her return to films.

And Kajol is a beauty imo

👍🏼

That was the reason why karan really wanted kajol in kank because he knew even when srk and kajol' character would cheated on their spouses fans would still root for them to end up together. 

Originally posted by Kaya65

👍🏼

That was the reason why karan really wanted kajol in kank because he knew even when srk and kajol' character would cheated on their spouses fans would still root for them to end up together. 

I would have loved for Kajol to do Kank and Fanaa but she chose well and I don't regret the Ranishek chemistry ❤️

I would have loved for Kajol, SRK, Rani and Ajay to do Kalank. The movie with Alia and Varun was flat and unimpressive. But the 00's KJO, the one who wasn't desilusionned and who aimed for perfection- would have done a great job I'm sure.

Originally posted by Maraka_Musso89

I would have loved for Kajol to do Kank and Fanaa but she chose well and I don't regret the Ranishek chemistry ❤️

I would have loved for Kajol, SRK, Rani and Ajay to do Kalank. The movie with Alia and Varun was flat and unimpressive. But the 00's KJO, the one who wasn't desilusionned and who aimed for perfection- would have done a great job I'm sure.

Another that i wished kajol had done, is dil se😭 She would have been brilliant.

Originally posted by Kaya65

Another that i wished kajol had done, is dil se😭 She would have been brilliant.

It would have been great but I still liked Manisha in it. 

It is never touched upon whether Ajay's character is supposed to be good looking so not the same thing at all. In SLB's devdas, Paro takes a lot of pride in her beauty, in fact she is even arrogant because of it. It's touched upon more than once so it is central to who SLB's Paro is. I can't imagine the character being "written with Kajol in mind" while beauty is so important to that character sketch. There is even a line where Paro says she is more beautiful than the moon because even moon has a scar and she doesn't.

I haven't read the book, but someone close to me says that Paro was never objectively defined as beautiful. Devdas found her beautiful because he was in love with her. Otherwise Paro was an ordinary girl, servant's daughter, and someone from the extreme low socioeconomic status.

I don't know if Nandini is meant to be beautiful or not I just know Ajay saw her once and was immediately smitten by her. Not saying Kajol hasn't done roles where heroes weren't immediately smitten by her beauty. But to me she is no where near SLB's other ladies when it comes to looks. So for a man who chooses very beautiful girls and works so hard to make them look perfect, I have a hard time imagining it was Kajol he wanted. Especially when this man is openly known for having pretty muses.

I'll just say that roles are often rewritten, modified and significantly altered based on the actor's capabilities and limitations. For example, SLB himself said HDDCS was not as danced-and-music-based before. But because Ash was a good dancer, and the music composer produced some excellent songs, he made the song-and-dances so important in HDDCS. So when he had Kajol in mind, the role might have been a lot different (less beauty and danced based)?

Just saying generally, but directors often alter the characters based on what the actor is capable of. If an actor is great at comedy, the director might add a comedy scene. If the actor is terrible in crying scenes, the director might remove a tear-jerking scene, if an actor can't dance, the director may have to hire an item dancer instead, if an actor is uncomfortable in intimate scene, the director might have to chop that scene or shoot it differently etc. Roles go through many revisions even during the filmmaking process.

Whenever a role is done by someone, people always say 'Only he/she could have done that role'. Maybe if someone else did that, people would say the same??

The reason I don't have a problem with Kajol in these roles is because Kajol is pretty good in dramatic roles and Ash herself isn't that great an actor. Kajol tends to overact, but SLB could probably hone her skills. That said, Ash was quite good and I don't regret her doing these films.

Your news can be right. Maybe he did want Kajol. I must've missed the interview where he discussed it. All I know is when Kajol was asked if she would like to be a SLB heroine she said "Yeah. Sure. No two ways about it but I don’t know if I will have the right presence of mind or perfection of posture to be a Sanjay Leela Bhansali heroine." She chose her words wisely. I feel like she is just trying to say she simply doesn't look like a SLB heroine.  

Bold: That was the only reason for Veer's love anyway. He hardly knew her for a day. He even had a dialogue, "Itni khoobsurat ladki maine aaj tak nahin dekha".

This line was probably originally written when Ash was Zaara. It was so hard to believe for Preity. She is not bad looking, but "beauty" isn't really a major talking point for her.

Out of all roles Aishwarya was supposed to act with SRK post Devdas this role Zaara is the role which could have been on par with Nandini, Paro and Jodhaa for Ash. This is her type of role but SRK ruined her chance and Preity got signed at last but no complain for Preity. She is a good girl. I even read that she called Ash when she signed this Yash Chopra film and Ash got really touched by Preity's gesture which she never got from that Rani when she was signed for Chalte Chalte. That's why Ash fans hate Rani and love Preity despite both did Ash's role.

Preity was good as Zaara but Aishwarya would have been perfect. This role was written for her.

Is that so?😕 I think the dialogue was that it's not like he didn't see girls prettier than her...but something in her made his eyes stick to her. The way she looked so vulnerable, so frightened & yet so demure.... something in the way she was behaving in that situation made her beautiful to him. 

It was not about how beautiful she is. It was about how in spite of not being the most beautiful girl he ever saw, she appeared beautiful to him. And it fit Preity perfectly. 

https://www.facebook.com/yrf/videos/630476834057141/