If Kareena did KHNH and Aish Chalte Chalte, they would have been in VZ

Posted: 3 years ago

I think Aish would've made an even more beautiful Zaara.
Yash Chopra badly wanted Aish in Veer Zara & Parineeta.

But I just CAN'T imagine anyone else as Naina in KHNH, other than Preity. I am glad Kareena refused that film.

Amazing how Kareena used to get films served on a platter, despite being a not-so-bankable star and a  poor actress from 2000 to 2006. 😵

She should thank her stars that Jab We Met happened to her.

In a way it's a relief they did not play these roles...i loved rani in chalte chalte.

Originally posted by JodhaaBhai

😉 Can you imagine if the original actresses did these roles, they would have worked in Yash Chopra’s Veer Zaara.  It would have been epic.  Kareena as the lawyer and Aish as Zaara.  Or would have it been a major hamfest with Shahrukh? 🤣

Interesting perspective.

Although, Aishwarya was the original choice for Zaara. She would have been magical as a "Yash Chopra heroine" and those songs (uffff) but having said that I thought Preity did the role 100% justice, she was adorable in Hum To Bhai Jaise Hain.

I doubt even if Kareena did KHNH she would have been in Veer-Zaara. Rani would have lobbied harder than Bebo for it.

A further insight: Kajol rejected Kal Ho Naa Ho, Veer-Zaara, Chalte Chalte and many other blockbusters. No other girl in history would have let these films go, Kadz is pure NUTZ 😂

If Kareena did Kal Ho Naa Ho, it would have flopped.

If Aishwarya did Chalte Chalte, it would have been a much bigger hit. 

So Aishwarya would have been the lead actress in place of Preity in Veer Zaara, but Rani would still be the supporting actress. 

Having said that, I cannot tolerate all three films. They are trashy from the beginning to the end. 

Originally posted by Rekha_ji

Interesting perspective.

Although, Aishwarya was the original choice for Zaara. She would have been magical as a "Yash Chopra heroine" and those songs (uffff) but having said that I thought Preity did the role 100% justice, she was adorable in Hum To Bhai Jaise Hain.

I doubt even if Kareena did KHNH she would have been in Veer-Zaara. Rani would have lobbied harder than Bebo for it.

A further insight: Kajol rejected Kal Ho Naa Ho, Veer-Zaara, Chalte Chalte and many other blockbusters. No other girl in history would have let these films go, Kadz is pure NUTZ 😂

Not just them, but also HDDCS, Mohabbatein, Devdas, KANK, 3I.... it's like all Bollywood roles are written with Kajol in mind.

Thank god for no Ash and Bebo in Veer Zaara.😆

Ash no doubt would have looked beautiful as Zara but that's the thing. Her beauty would have overshadowed other possible reasons for Veer's love for her and made the entire thing about oh how beautiful she is . Also Preity has a much more soothing voice in comparison to Ash and I like how she brought a certain gravitas to Zara's role. Ash would have made everything cringey.

And Rani was excellent as lawyer Samiya Siddiqui. She nailed the emotional scenes without going overboard. If people are interested in seeing Kareena as a lawyer, go watch Aitraaz. 😆

Originally posted by Blood_Sacrifice

Not just them, but also HDDCS, Mohabbatein, Devdas, KANK, 3I.... it's like all Bollywood roles are written with Kajol in mind.

It really blows my mind. In HDDCS Aish's beauty plays such an integral role. SLB's heroines are all about looks (minus Black). No amount of make up would've made kajol look like what his heroines looked like. I have a hard time believing Kajol was meant to play any of those roles. Maybe KANK. But even then Abhi and Kajol would've been a weird combo. Or was she meant for PZ's role?

Originally posted by FilmiDhun

Thank god for no Ash and Bebo in Veer Zaara.😆

Ash no doubt would have looked beautiful as Zara but that's the thing. Her beauty would have overshadowed other possible reasons for Veer's love for her and made the entire thing about oh how beautiful she is . Also Preity has a much more soothing voice in comparison to Ash and I like how she brought a certain gravitas to Zara's role. Ash would have made everything cringey.

And Rani was excellent as lawyer Samiya Siddiqui. She nailed the emotional scenes without going overboard. If people are interested in seeing Kareena as a lawyer, go watch Aitraaz. 😆

True.with Aish the thing would have been all about how pretty she is. While the first thingveer thought about zara was that its not like she was the prettiest girl he ever saw but there was something in her that he couldnt take his eyes off her. 

Wikipedia tells me that the role of the lawyer was offered to Aishwarya, and not Zaara's. That was offered to Kajol. Besides that, Rani was always the first choice for Chalte Chalte. When she refused, it went to Aishwarya. After the drama, Rani agreed to do it. I think Rani was the best choice for CC as it needed a girl with a friendly vibe, which I don't think Aishwarya is good at.

Edited by Fallen-Embers - 3 years ago

Originally posted by Blood_Sacrifice

Kajol didn't reject Chalte Chalte.. she got pregnant. She wasn't offered Devdas either....