•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 3 years ago

I think she is one of the most beautiful women to have ever graced the silver screen. She was drop-dead gorgeous and had a picture-perfect face. I think she is not very well known because she acted in very few films.

Remembering Leela Naidu on her 10th death anniversary. | by Bollywoodirect  | Medium

Leela with Sunil Dutt.jpg

If you want to know more about her, do read this essay.

https://fountainink.in/essay/bad-liver-and-a-broken-heart

Edited by mintyblue - 3 years ago

I love her so much.

For me, she's the only BW actress that always appeared like she's so soft, gentle, delicate and precious. She has so much grace and poise whether on screen or off screen. People talk about Madhubala, Aishwarya's fame but very few people talk about Leela Naidu. She was photographed by journalists all over the world and painted by famous artists back then for her beauty.

You have to watch her in Hrishikesh Mukherjee's Anuradha. Nobody would be able to tell that its her first movie. She's so fine.

Originally posted by BinKuchKahe.

I love her so much.

For me, she's the only BW actress that always appeared like she's so soft, gentle, delicate and precious. She has so much grace and poise whether on screen or off screen. People talk about Madhubala, Aishwarya's fame but very few people talk about Leela Naidu. She was photographed by journalists all over the world and painted by famous artists back then for her beauty.

You have to watch her in Hrishikesh Mukherjee's Anuradha. Nobody would be able to tell that its her first movie. She's so fine.

Exactly.

She's criminally underrated.

I have only watched her in the Merchant Ivory films and she was a treat to watch onscreen.

Aishwarya is beautiful but I've always found Leela Naidu and Gayatri Devi the most beautiful women I've laid my eyes on.

Never knew her before. Looking good in the pics.