Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ms.SK thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: silvermoonlight

Also do they have to mention Anushkas anxiety issues EVERY single time ?

Her anxiety is a part of her but it doesn’t define her 

Seriously it’s overkill now 

in last two episodes, she comes on stage and sings straight but its the judges who keep bringing it up and she plays along.  Even in chorus she is singing.  So where is her anxiety at that time??  

Not making fun but sometimes makes you wonder.

Ms.SK thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ashley.Tisdale

Once the channel get hold of something, they'll drag it on and on. 

Two seasons ago, it was about Ankush's eye condition (which is actually incurable without surgery). The channel tried to drag it like crazy but that guy had alot of things going on in his favour which overshadowed his disease. 

Other than havint a wonderful voice, hewas one of the most (if not the most) handsome contestant I'd ever seen. I'm over the teenage crush years of mine but have this deep admiration for him. And I can see why so many girls were/are nuts over him.

Anushka needs to up her singing and performance game if she wants to stay on. Because other than her anxiety issues, she is interchangeable. And I am not making fun of her or her disease...I suffer from occasional panic attacks too.

Agree.   They get a topic to get content in the show.   Ankush was great singer but didn't win as he was  not screaming.  Singing songs effortlessly in his style without screaming.

Anushka's anxiety attack is serious condition.  Hope she doesn't play sympathy card at every auditions!!!!

Ms.SK thumbnail

Last nights episode belonged to Pawandeep and Sawai.  Brilliant performance from them.

What instruments Pawandeep can't play? He is full of surprises with musical instruments.  

AK was good but Shanmukh Priya spoilt it by her struggle with screaming.  Not worth jumping on the judges desk and over hyped comments on her singing.

Nachiket and Anjali's performance was 2nd best in my opinion. 

For once, Sireesha came out of her comfort zone.  She was good. 

I think Danish is hyped also.  

From female contestants, I think Arunita, Sayli and Anjali are best.

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Ms.S.K.

definitely hyped by the judges.  If she is great singer, then how come she has not won any of the shows she participated in and why HR and VD not offered her a song in their next???

Regarding her vocal chords, she has already lost slightly by screaming or screeching.  She should stick to normal singing. 

She has specialized in gimmicks like yodelling and all. Not saying that's bad but she has a certain type of singing style and won't do well in others. 

If she's lost her voice screaming I blame her and her coach. Altos have a very unique voice and can't be trained like mezzos or sopranos. She could've tried to increase her vocal range if she wanted to go higher. Screaming will make it worse. And given her age its sad coz her higher notes will come down before she is 25.

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail

Agree.   They get a topic to get content in the show.   Ankush was great singer but didn't win as he was  not screaming.  Singing songs effortlessly in his style without screaming.

Anushka's anxiety attack is serious condition.  Hope she doesn't play sympathy card at every auditions!!!!

The only Indian Idol contestant I follow on SM is Ankush. There is this "thanda" and "shaant" feel in his voice that I have only heard in Rafi sahab's voice. Loved all his performances, esp his duet with Neelanjana on "Ye Dil Tum Bin". His voice in that song makes me cry everytime ❤️

I seriously feel he can go a long way if he has the correct opportunities. Given the current situation of music, I won't be surprised if he becomes one of the biggest names of this decade... just like the transition that had happened from disco 80s to melodious 90s. And since he is a combination of talent, looks, personality he can do immensely well. 

I was also a performer in my school...in dance and all. I was bullied by the jealous kids because of that and that lead to severe panic attack issues before getting in stage. The fact that they're using such a serious condition to gain TRPs is really sick. 

Ankush always performed given his issues and never brought up the problems on his own... but Anushka seems to be playing along which is terrible. 

Ms.SK thumbnail

She has specialized in gimmicks like yodelling and all. Not saying that's bad but she has a certain type of singing style and won't do well in others. 

If she's lost her voice screaming I blame her and her coach. Altos have a very unique voice and can't be trained like mezzos or sopranos. She could've tried to increase her vocal range if she wanted to go higher. Screaming will make it worse. And given her age its sad coz her higher notes will come down before she is 25.

I always think she hasn't got feminine voice. No wonder she is yodelling 😆

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail

I always think she hasn't got feminine voice. No wonder she is yodelling 😆

She's got a heavier voice like Miley Cyrus, Annie Lennox, Sunidhi Chauhan. So screaming is only gonna make it worse. The vocal chords are muscles, u overwork or abuse them u end up losing your range. The coaches should give her a lower scale if she can't go too high.

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail

Just heard Nihal and Anushka's duet... couldn't help but listen to this one from season 10 ❤️

https://youtu.be/1BMEpZtIFlw

Imo it was too early for duets, the contestants need to spend more time together, sort of "harmonize" and then they could be paired. The chemistry was missing in most performances...it felt like one was trying to sing better than the other and vice versa 

Chemcart_MJ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Totally agree with your views.  Bang on.  

definitely need new judges and new singers.  This show already has 70-75% contestants who have participated in various singing shows.  The judges liking who screams the most when singing, instead of soothing classical or effortless singing.  These judges are same as Super Dancer shows where only hip hope, jumping around appreciated instead of classical dance.

The lesser said about the dance reality shows the better because I've always complained against why Indian classical dance forms or other western/other cultural dance forms which are given less importance on these reality shows, as I've received training in one myself. I'm up for diversity in including as many dance forms in the show but I've always seen that street dance forms end up in the finale and staged-based dance forms (probably one or two groups/individuals) do not. Probably Shakti Mohan, who is trained in bharatanatyam might've won the DID like 10-11 years back but the situation was heavily based on dramatized as opposed their dancing capabilities --- no doubt she's an amazing dancer but the way they dramatized back then on deciding who wins was just crap. 

Coming to this show, yeah there needs to be change in the judging panel by now & including majority of the singers are those who've been former contestants --- need more neutral based judging, not showing favoritism based on type of music the judge is comfortable in. 

Chemcart_MJ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

I was also a performer in my school...in dance and all. I was bullied by the jealous kids because of that and that lead to severe panic attack issues before getting in stage. The fact that they're using such a serious condition to gain TRPs is really sick. 

Yeah, it's just pathetic that they are over-exaggerating just for sympathy drama it is plainly idiotic on their end.