Kal Ho Naa Ho Vs Hum Tum - Better urban rom-com?

Poll

Which movie is a better urban rom-com?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 years ago

Which is a better movie in the urban rom-com genre?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mr.Abrol thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Allergic to rom-com yet liked these both (for bit tangent reason as well)..

Again tough call b/w both..

Hum Tum , finally..

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Hum Tum all the way!

There is no comparison even. Other than the songs there is nothing good about Kal Ho Na Ho- just another pretentious garbage!

lovemango thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I liked Hum Tum better. Saif-Rani's chemistry, songs, character arcs of both Saif and Rani were well etched out, along with great acting from everyone from Saif and Rani to Rishi Kapoor, Rati Agnihotri and Kirron Kher. We actually see Saif grow up from the immature brat to the mature man who cheers Rani up from her lows, and we see Rani grow from her morally-stuck up attitude to her sadness in Paris parts, to finding love again with Saif. I particularly liked this scene the most, it summarised my feelings about this movie succinctly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUjY3fn_Ktw&ab_channel=YRF

Kal Ho Na Ho is great in the first half - the set up with SRK, Saif and Preity etc. Even the whole Jaya and Sushma Seth (Dadi) storylines etc were all etched out well. Songs are great, I'd say even better than Hum Tum. The comedy interlaced with drama is something KJo excels at as well. The problem for me started after the interval - didn't like the way the whole SRK is gonna die story line dragged out. 

So while both have their individual moments, I enjoyed Hum Tum more overall. 

Blood_Sacrifice thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

KHNH is the better film, but I like HT more. HT is more flawed definitely,while KHNH has become a classic. But I just have a fondness for HT that doesn't go away, even after nearly 2 decades.

I guess it's Rani's charm but whatev.

WittyFlair thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Damn this is tough because both of these were my favorite romcoms in the early 2000s.

Hum Tum will always be my numero uno. I felt that Saif and Rani really played off their characters so well.

KHNH....I thought the comedy in that movie was brilliant. So brilliant I was surprised at how badly scripted KJo's subsequent films were. Also everytime I watch KHNH from start to finish, I end up crying😆

Just_Say_Cheese thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 6 Thumbnail + 5

Both are good ❤️

If have to choose one, kal ho na ho ...

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Hum Tum....

You root for the two characters to end up together, and end up feeling so happy when they finally do!

Also, Hum Tum despite its flaws has better performances. Rani stands out and Saif is also extremely good.

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

I never saw KHNH as a rom-com. It's a mash of coming of age comedy and family drama. I've always drawn parallels between KHNH and "It's a wonderful life."

Naina is like George Bailey. She's cynical and has a very nihilistic attitude towards life. Aman is like Clarence Oddbody. He's the guardian angel who's come to tell her that life is wonderful and worth living and enjoying. And in true Bollywood fashion, it has romance, song and dance, family drama, and all the EXTRA bells and whistles. 

SriRani thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

I never liked kal Ho na hi. SRK became very repetitive. Hum tum is one of my all time faves