Akki to charge rs.135 per crore film from 2022????

Posted: 3 years ago

'Crores' ko kyun hata diya title se? 🤪

I don't believe or understand this math.  How could any of his previous films been hits if he was asking for 117cr before?     Most of the reported budgets are less than that, some less than a half or third,  and almost all his recent films would have been financial flops if that was his payout.

Not even Salman Khan asks for that much money up front.  I think it's around 60 cr and everything is on the back end as a % of the profit.  Which is the way it work for other name stars, though less upfront.

Originally posted by Mahisa22

'Crores' ko kyun hata diya title se? 🤪

Now it is fixed I added crore word in title .

I don't know if it is true for akki but i remember reading that some stars deliberately state inflated salaries in the media

.. So when any producer who is not part of their inner circle comes to them, they already think that yeh toh iska usual rate hai... Basically it helps the actors to negotiate a bigger that usual pay

He deliberately spreads fake PR stories like this so he can get his name on Forbes highest earning lists. This is the type of “research” they do. His yearly earning is his one and only bragging point.

Originally posted by bips

I don't know if it is true for akki but i remember reading that some stars deliberately state inflated salaries in the media

.. So when any producer who is not part of their inner circle comes to them, they already think that yeh toh iska usual rate hai... Basically it helps the actors to negotiate a bigger that usual pay

Inflating one's price as a negotiating tactic only works when the price isn't completely ridiculous.  This is completely ridiculous.  There's no possible way any of his films with the reported budgets could support an upfront salary like this.   No one would pay him more than Salman Khan up front - let alone more than twice as much - especially not for films like Bell Bottom. 

Even the purported fee includes the back end pay out 1) that's negotiated as a % of profit which can't be assumed and is only realized AFTER the film has been released   2) the kind of films he does with the kind of box office /streaming returns would mean only his biggest film to date could return that much money and leave the producers with a rupee.

His biggest grosser of his career so far is Housefull 4

https://www.boxofficeindia.com/movie.php?movieid=5729

Budget (which includes marketing) according to BOI was 162 cr with a total nett of 205 cr (WW - 295 cr)

Tangent - how the heck is that a Superhit BOI?

Mission Mangal has a reported budget of 95 cr  and 192 cr nett.

How could these films be made of Akshay was getting 117cr up front?   And how huge would the % of been if he was even getting that much with the back end?

It's ridiculous and mathematically impossible.

Originally posted by Talis

And why would producers and directors want to waste their time, money and effort to make movies when there is almost no profit for them and everything is going to be taken by the Canadian for his 2 months of mediocre acting? 

They’re better off taking smaller stars like John Abraham or Shahid Kapoor. Or they can invest in some other business rather than serving as a bank to loot for Akshay.

This topic was already discussed when Rajeev came up with the news. If the producers willing him to pay this amount then I hope that trade people will call him out if he tries to save his film with manipulating it to a hit tag. How can anyone pay him that much when most of his movie can’t cross 200cr. All of his movies will be a flop cause of the budget 😆

Originally posted by Talis

Inflating one's price as a negotiating tactic only works when the price isn't completely ridiculous.  This is completely ridiculous.  There's no possible way any of his films with the reported budgets could support an upfront salary like this.   No one would pay him more than Salman Khan up front - let alone more than twice as much - especially not for films like Bell Bottom. 

Even the purported fee includes the back end pay out 1) that's negotiated as a % of profit which can't be assumed and is only realized AFTER the film has been released   2) the kind of films he does with the kind of box office /streaming returns would mean only his biggest film to date could return that much money and leave the producers with a rupee.

His biggest grosser of his career so far is Housefull 4

https://www.boxofficeindia.com/movie.php?movieid=5729

Budget (which includes marketing) according to BOI was 162 cr with a total nett of 205 cr (WW - 295 cr)

Tangent - how the heck is that a Superhit BOI?

Mission Mangal has a reported budget of 95 cr  and 192 cr nett.

How could these films be made of Akshay was getting 117cr up front?   And how huge would the % of been if he was even getting that much with the back end?

True. 

... But what's the raaz.. Because this is not the first time stories like this have been published.. 

Even years back he asked for like 50 crores and all the other superstars were taking home half of that, such stories have always been associated with akki.. . 

Are his tax info public?.. Bec income tax deptt used to publish biggest tax payers of india list or something like it before...