SaiRat TS - || One Step At A Time || - Update: Part 3, Pg 3 8/2/2021

Posted: 3 years ago

Hellos,

I am a closet writer who likes to peep out whenever I find a muse in a couple I really root for. Have been watching GHKPM and SaiRat are so adorable that I had to write this! Just a little idea I had, trying to get into Virat and Sai's heads. 

Planned this as a TS - 2 or 3 parter maybe. Posting the first part. Read and let me know what you guys thought. I really tried to be true to character, but I don't know if I managed to do that.  

Oh and no Pakhi in the first part! Yayy! 

Okay, so I'll quit yapping now and post Part 1. See you guys at the bottom. 

SaiRat TS - || One step at a time || - Part 1

Virat checked his watch as he walked in to Chavan Nivas – 7.40 PM.  The family would be sitting down for dinner now – he was just in time. 

As an IPS officer, times like these were rare to come by, so when he was presented with such opportunities he lapped it up wholeheartedly.  

“ arrey  Viru, you are home so early” Shivani bua greeted him, as he was just about to go up to his room. 

He stopped and turned to face her, “haan bua, it’s been – ” he started to say, when she cut him off, “good, go freshen up and join us for dinner. Kitne din ho gaye . You have been really busy these days”

“Yes, I –“

“SHIVAAAANI” Bhavani kaku’s voice called out. He shook his head and smiled, “aayi, Vahini” Shivani bua replied before shrugging at him and hurrying into the kitchen.

Shaking his head, he quickly trotted up the stairs, two steps at a time – he couldn’t wait to tell Sai that he had closed the most stressful case of his career. The last 2 weeks had been hell – there had been immense pressure, and every day he had looked forward to coming home to Sai and talking to her about his job and his cases. 

They had fallen into that pattern – everyday before bed, they would sit and talk – sometimes about his cases, sometimes Sai would regale him with tales from Gadchiroli – there was always some teasing, a lot of laughter, a lot of chatter.  And every night, he went to bed with a smile.

“Saiii” he called, as he pushed the doors open, only to be greeted by a dark room.  

This girl would never listen to me, He thought, frowning – he knew she had a big test coming up tomorrow, and she should have been here studying. 

Shaking his head, he walked to his wardrobe and pulled out his kurta. Pursing his lips,  he walked to the bathroom, making a mental note to talk to Bhavani kaku.

“No, Virat sir, bilkul nahi” Sai had implored when he had brought this up a couple of days back. They were about to go to bed when Virat had brought up her studies.

“I am not able to study as much as I would like to, Virat sir” Sai muttered, her face crest fallen. 

Something shifted inside him – he didn’t like that look on her face, and he understood why she was disappointed. 

“ I will talk to kaku” he assured, reaching out to place his hand over hers.

“No.” she implored, looking at him as if he had suggested something blasphemous, “bilkul nahi, Virat sir” she said, shaking her head.

“ but, Sai – “  he started to say, trying to reason with her.

“NO” she said with finality, as if that closed the discussion.

“ Sai, listen to me – “ he tried again, but she was having none of it. Sulking, she grabbed the cushions and placed it between them resolutely, before lying down with a plonk and staring at the wall behind him.

Unbelievable! 

Virat spent the next few seconds gazing at her, as she lay on her side, her hands crossed beneath her chest, a scowl grazing her face. Realizing that she was not going to talk to him now, he took his side of the bed.

Propping himself on one elbow, he turned on his side, “saiii” he coaxed. She looked at him, “ kya hai?” she muttered.  He couldn’t help it –she reminded him of a petulant child – who was cross because mom had just denied candy before dinner. He shook his head, unable to fight the huge smile creeping up on his face now.

That seemed to irk her more, just as he knew it would, “ ab aap has kyuuunnn rahe hai?” he voiced along with her, as she asked him the same question.

She glared at him.

“ mein has nahi – “

“smile kar rahe they,pata hai. Good night” she snapped, closing her eyes shut.

Chuckling, he reached out to her over the cushion fortress she had put up and placed his hand on her shoulder.  “I just want you to do well, Sai” he said softly, giving her shoulder a gentle squeeze.

She opened her eyes, the scowl on her face now replaced with gratitude “ I know, Virat sir” she said, smiling at him.

He smiled back, “ but, please, don’t talk to kaku. I’ll manage” she assured him. 

He looked at her for a couple of seconds, before deciding to let it go – in the time he had gotten to know Sai, he knew that she could handle this. He also knew that if there was really a problem, she would tell him. They had come to that level of understanding now. Their marriage has been a deal – she was his responsibility and just that. But now, now it was much more. Maybe it was the late night banters, maybe it was the way Sai understood him and his work, maybe it was the childlike glee and joy she brought into his family. 

Now they were friends, Virat thought, as he lied down, looking at her through the little gaps between the cushions.

She looked back at him, her eyes shining with gratitude. She placed her hand over his on the cushion “ Thank you for everything you do, Virat sir” she said earnestly, her eyes shining in the dim night light, a hint of a smile playing at her lips. 

A slow warmth spread across him  and in moments like these, he couldn’t help but wonder – were they only just friends?

And that thought disturbed him – because – 

He had promised!

Pursing his lips, he forcefully pushed those troubling thoughts aside – thoughts he knew would weigh him down. 

“good night, Sai” he muttered stiffly, closing his eyes, not waiting for her answer, and knowing that he was going to have a troubled sleep tonight. 

“Good night, Virat sir” came the soft reply. 

He would spend the rest of the night cursing himself, but he could swear on his uniform that when she said his name, it sounded different.  

Author notes:

1.  So that was all - read and review, please.

2. Writing SaiRat is harder than I thought - getting into Virat's head and keeping it in line with the show, more or less, was tough - let me know what you guys thought. 

Mridz

Edited by Mridzy - 3 years ago

It was nice do continue....😊

You wrote it well regarding the dynamics...👍🏼

Beautifully written ❤️

Loved how you described the minute nuances of their life also ........

I hope she gets to study well !!!!!!

Kaku ka bhi kuch karo 🤣

Really waiting forward to their convo ......

Please update soonish

This was beautiful 

Virat is cursing himself for making that stupid promise!! 

I hope he realises that he loves Sai soon.. 

Please update soon

Nice

Kash ye time show mein jaldi aaye. Virat will start loving sai but curse himself for making that great vaada to dear pakhi didi🤣

Aww...that was beautiful. Please write more! 

Originally posted by ashsamik

It was nice do continue....😊

You wrote it well regarding the dynamics...👍🏼

Thanks! Will post part 2 soon. 

Originally posted by Ishradivani

Beautifully written smiley27

Loved how you described the minute nuances of their life also ........

I hope she gets to study well !!!!!!

Kaku ka bhi kuch karo smiley37

Really waiting forward to their convo ......

Please update soonish

Thanks. Kaku ka kuch nahi hoga! 😆 will try to update soon. 

Originally posted by luvzindagi

was beautiful 

Virat is cursing himself for making that stupid promise!! 

I hope he realises that he loves Sai soon.. 

Please update soon

Thanks!! Aah yes, he is going to be cursing himself  na - yeh battle between mind and heart will have to come up, and when it does I hope the writers make it good! 

Will try to update soon. 

Originally posted by anjali0111

Nice

Kash ye time show mein jaldi aaye. Virat will start loving sai but curse himself for making that great vaada to dear pakhi didismiley37

Thanks!! Actually I am liking the slow progression in the show... The road to realisation and love is the best time in a show, toh I am in no hurry for the makers to rush it up! This phase we can all enjoy. 

Originally posted by neeraja91

Aww...that was beautiful. Please write more! 

Thank you! I will, thanks. This was the start. Will try and update it soonish. 

Thanks for taking the time out to read, and leaving your comments everyone. 

Also, thanks for all the likes! 

Mridz

PART 2

The whole family was seated at the dinner table as he made his way down,

“ Virat, ao” kaku called, smiling at him affectionately, as he took his usual spot at the table. He smiled in return, craning his head to look in the direction of the kitchen.

“ Kisko dhund rahe ho Virat, tumhare Sai ko?” Pakhi asked, the stress on the word ‘tumhare’ not missed by him.

“haan” he answered honestly, but before he could catch the look of utter shock on Pakhi’s face, his mother called out to him, as she walked out of the kitchen, carrying a hotpack “Virat, tum aa gaye. Guess what is for dinner today?”

He raised his brow, "kyun Aai, aaj kya special hai?" He asked, curious, looking around at his family, wondering if he had missed something as he had left to work at the break of dawn today. 

His mother beamed at him, "aaj Sai..." she started saying,

"Iss ghar mein toh tere susheel bahu akele rehthi nahi hai, Ashwini, ki har baat usse hi jhuda ho"  Bhavani kaku scoffed, looking irritated at his mother for no fault of hers.

His mother placed the hotpack on the table, looking crestfallen.

"Kaku..." Virat said, passing his mother an assuring smile, "par rehthi tho isi ghar mein hai na. She is part of our family" he said softly, but firmly, telling his family that Sai was as much a part of this family as he was.

Bhavani kaku glared at him,

"Mast ha mast. Virat, tume yaad bhi hai ki aaj kya hai?!"

"Kaku, wohi toh puch raha hu" confused, he looked around at the faces of everyone at the table once more - kaku, his baba, omi kaka, all looked irritated - he just didn't know why.

It was Sonali kaku who answered, "Virat, aaj humare parivar ke kisi sadasya ka janamdin, birthday, salgirah hai"

"Ek waqt tha jab humare Virat ko ghar ke sabi logon ka janmdin toh kya, nakshatra bhi patha tha - aur ab dekho" Omi kaka taunted, shaking his head in dismay as if Virat had let the family down.

Birthday?? Whose? Virat thought, he was sure it wasn't any of the elders' birthday - it wasn't Mohit or Karishma either...

"Virat sir, aap aa gaye" Sai walked to the table, cutting his thought mid-way, greeting him with a warm smile.

He smiled back at her as she placed a paratha on his plate, "thanks" he said.

She nodded in return, moving around the table to serve the others.

Shaking his head, he took a morsel of food. He was about to eat, when, suddenly, struck by a thought, he looked up at Sai, "Sai, aaj toh tumhara birthday nahi hai. Isn't your birthday on xx/xx? " He asked,

As if surprised, that he remembered her birthday, Sai looked up at him, a light smile playing at her lips.

She opened her mouth to say something when Pakhi spoke from the other end of the table, "It's my birthday" she bit out, the anger apparent in her tone.

Surprised, Virat looked at Pakhi, "your birthday? " he questioned, shushing his mind as it started to ask him annoying questions.

" Dada, aap aur Patralekha bhabhi toh ache dost hai na?!" Karishma quipped excitedly, as if she was waiting for a chance to speak, "par aapko toh unka janmdin bhi nahi pata. Yeh kaisi dosti -"

"Karishma!"

Bhavani kaku might have shut Karishma up, but throughout dinner, her words kept haunting Virat.

She was right, he realised, he considered Pakhi his best friend, but he didn't know her birth date.

"Virat!" Startled, he looked up at his kaku, " you shouldn't insult the food on your plate, eat" she said.

Wordlessly, he went back to his plate, lost in thought. He tore a piece of Paratha and dipped it in subji.

"Virat Sir, Rukiye" Sai hurried to his side and removed the cup of subji, "don't eat this. It's very masaledaar and spicy" she said, replacing it with another cup she had just brought from the kitchen.

Surpised, he looked up at her, taken aback that she had remembered that he couldn't stomach too much spice or masala.

"Virat, tumhe teekha pasand nahi?" Pakhi asked, looking despondent.

"Mast ha mast. Ashwini, the only thing you did properly was cook. Par ab woh bhi tumse -"

"Kaku, please" Sai cut in before he could speak, "aap humesha Aai ko kyun sunaati hai? aaj khaana Aai ne nahi, Pakhi didi ne banaya. I tried to tell her, par woh mujhse gussa ho gayi, and she told me to mind my own Business"

Kaku now turned to Pakhi, "Patralekha, humare ghar mein hum sab toh kha lete, par Virat itna masala mirch nahi khata. Didn't you know?  You take care of every member of this house,how did you miss Virat - "

"Vahini" His mother drawled meaningfully, coming to stand beside him, "Virat ke pasand nasapand ka khyal rakhne ke liye uski Patni hai na, kai, Sai?!" She said fondly, placing a hand on his shoulder.

Bhavani kaku looked indignant.

" Kaku, aaj Pakhi ka birthday hai na, why don't we all just eat" he muttered, eager to avoid another confrontation at the dinner table.

Thankfully, everyone agreed with him, and silence dawned at the table, as everyone went back to their dinner.

Sighing, he looked down at his plate - he wished everyone in his family got along together. The way they were having a go at each other, it was tiresome, after a point.

Shaking his head, he looked up at Pakhi, "Happy Birthday" he muttered, the fact that he didn't know it was her birthday, weighing in on him.

She nodded, "Thank you" she said stiffly.

"Sai" he called to her, as she came to his side, carrying a bowl, "ji?"

He looked into her eyes, "Thank you" he said softly, deeply touched by the fact that she had cared to do this for him.

She met his eyes, a smile creeping up her face, as she nodded. Not taking her eyes off his, she served him something from the bowl, he didn't look down at his plate.

A bunch of hair fell down her face, obstructing her view. She placed the bowl down on the table and was about to lift her hand. Without thinking, he lifted his hand to her face, tucking her hair behind her ear.

He let his hand linger on her cheek, and something he had never seen before in her eyes clouded it.  He was drawn to those large eyes, everything and everyone else faded, it was just the two of them -

"Ahem! Ahem!"

Someone cleared their throat loudly, and Virat pulled down his hand, smiling, even as Sai jumped and quickly ran to stand beside his mother, trying to hide behind her.

Throughout dinner, he caught her stealing glances at him, as he ate quietly, smirking, and he could bet on his uniform that there was a crimson glow on her face.

And why are you so happy about it?

He promptly ignored that little voice in his head.

Author Notes

Before I even start, this part dedicated to our pyaare Pakhi didi and the dawning of the epiphany that how little they know about each other and how SaiRat also know little things about each other! ❤️❤️

1. So first, apologies for that kitchen/dining table drama, but I had super fun writing this!

2. I don't remember Sai's birthday as shown in the episode, so the xx/xx in that part. 🙈

3. A lot of dialogues are in hindi - I thought it had more effect than writing in English.

4. The next would mostly be the last part. Let me know what you guys thought.

Mridz

Aww. This was truly beautiful. Sai and virat are getting atuned to each other. They are unconsciously aware of little details of each other. That started ever since they met each other....this was a great chapter! Look forward to reading more. 

Love it! Can't believe Virat forgot his best friend's birthday 😅 Sai is so thoughtful!