Member Topic: Do you like Indian or continental dishes better? - Page 3

Posted: 3 years ago

What individuals like is so diverse as the choices there are, even within the same family unit all members will have different preferences.  I am fortunate I have traveled the world and have gotten to see (not try) almost every imaginable edible. In spite of that I am picky and finicky about what I eat with my preference going towards fruits, salads, grains and vegetables. Our kitchen is multi-ethnic and there are typical foods that have cultural resonance and are made no matter what or where we happen to be and some we have adopted and they have become a part or our own family tradition, we have recipes that we do not share with anyone outside our core group although we do invite friends who love them and beg to be included to eat knowing we do not share the recipe. We have things we make for holidays every single year and never change no matter if one of the members does not exactly love them, there is always a variety that you can fill your plate and avoid what you do not like, the constants are  ham on Easter or  turkey with all the trimmings on Thanksgiving, tamales and pozole for December 12 or roasts on  the 24th and 25th of December or New Years eve when we have sea food, and then black eye peas, with collard greens and a roast on the 1rst of January.  I am not even going to get into what was served today because I guarantee none of you would have a clue.  I never judge what anyone enjoys and will make the dishes for others to enjoy even if I do not eat them.  All food is a blessing.

The one thing I do love is watching people gather together and enjoy the food or participate in making them. Plus my specialty are desserts and those are as varied as the main courses and lucky for me almost everyone enjoys sugar.  

I hope all of you are blessed to have your tables and your bellies filled to plenty with whatever foods you enjoy, and that you share with those who have none.

Good topic too πŸ˜Š

I was raised on pizza and burger rather Roti and Saag. So I mainly eat American food. But occasionally I enjoy Chilli Chicken and Butter Chicken. πŸ‘πŸΌ

You can try food of other countries, eventually you get back to your own staple food. 

Originally posted by MujheMaarjaneDo

yeah, although one thing is common in whole south asia,  though, the love for chilly. Some of the dishes are so spicy in south asia,  a normal American or British will die just smelling them πŸ˜‚. 

Angrez only taught us to make tea. We started added spices, ginger, Tulsi and God know what to it πŸ˜†

Indian cuisines, even in vegetarian, there is huge varietyπŸ˜‹ and you have dishes for summer, rain and winters.

Indian and Middle Eastern cuisine❀️

I am an ex hotelier so I have pretty much tried most of the cuisines from India and abroad. Vegetarian African food tastes quite good.

Originally posted by MujheMaarjaneDo

yeah, although one thing is common in whole south asia,  though, the love for chilly. Some of the dishes are so spicy in south asia,  a normal American or British will die just smelling them πŸ˜‚. 

And to think chilli is a new world product

Imagine Indian food or India without chilli peppers... Italian food without tomato... Even tomato, potato were  unknown to the world before discovery of the Americas

Desi food FTW. Man, our food has so much more flavour in it. But continental breakfast FTW always. I can’t wake up and eat idli sambhar/poha etc so early for breakfast. 

People like the food they grew up with and think that’s the best...

Even when they switch or adapt to, adopt a different cuisine eventually they return to it

Interestingly enough, throughout history nations with varied, rich cuisine have been defeated and ruled by nations with not so rich, varied cuisine and bland food.