'Bridgerton' on Netflix - Page 3

Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by Pori

Hey, 

I have not read the books and honestly wasn’t into period drama until Bridgerton. 
Loved loved loved Rege Jean Page and since I haven’t read the books, I’m biased towards his story with Daphne. 
The thing I agree with you about Daphne is that she does think high of herself in some ways, but I guess that was needed to fit her with Simon or how they come to be. 
my favourite bridgerton sibling is Eloise. Absolutely loved her. I’m all in for women who are there to break the rules, question society and make their way in the world. I adored her friendship with Penelope and her bond with  Benedict.
I enjoyed and appreciate how they have POC in the show because it changes the whole dynamic.
lady Bridgerton: also one of my fav. Strong and bold and I truly enjoyed her role. I agree it was short, but what could they do in 8 episodes? I imagine if they had more than 12 episodes, they could show more of her.
I found the Queen obnoxious and hilarious.
anthony: honestly I warmed up to him by the end of the show and looking forward to season 2.

I am also interested in colins story and I hope it’s with Penelope. Those two are adorable. 

I just got my hands on the stories yesterday, so I’m hoping to start reading them soon 

I agree Rege-Jean was marvellous as Simon and Pheobe was good too as Daphne. 

I too love the Eloise- Penelope dynamic (their friendship is sooo precious in the books too!), and Eloise or rather Claudia Jessie was soo good!

Honestly, I watched Derry girls and Nicola Coughlan is simply wonderful in it as Clare, so maybe I found Penelope a little underwhelming. But Colin-Penelope's story is cute, so look forward to that!

Anthony-Kate will be soooo good! And I'm so glad they've cast Simone (another POC and a desi girl!) as Kate. I do hope they have Newton, the best bits are with him, and also the library scene, the Pall Mall game, and the bee which is everything in the Kathony storyline! Cannot wait! ❤️

I do hope they keep in some of the humor from the books. Somehow it seems to get lost in translation on screen. JQ has a wonderful way of playing off humorous scenes.

Posted: 2 years ago

Here's more S2 casting news! They've cast Edwina. 

Bridgerton Casts Edwina

Charithra Chandran has a soft, dainty beauty that is just perfect for Edwina IMO!

This season has me panting in anticipation!

A lot of fans will be disappointed that RJP is no longer part of the series though.. 😭

I liked Rege Jean Page

heard he won't be in the next season

Originally posted by priya185

I liked Rege Jean Page

heard he won't be in the next season

Yes he won't be. I liked him too, he suited the role of Simon really well.

But then I like Jonny Bailey and Anthony's story is my favorite! So looking forward to Season 2!

I'm planning to watch it.. somehow not happy with the reviews and it seems too long

I'm liking the discussions here. 👍🏼

The wait for second part was too log ,so I started reading book ,

Can't express how much I loved second book,fl is really so witty ,omg I loved loved her,now I am more eager for 2nd part,hope they present it in same as book and do justice with ti🤞

Originally posted by Safarnama12

The wait for second part was too log ,so I started reading book ,

Can't express how much I loved second book,fl is really so witty ,omg I loved loved her,now I am more eager for 2nd part,hope they present it in same as book and do justice with ti🤞

knowing these show makers  they’re not gonna stick with the source material. There will be a lot of deviations but damn I loved TVWLM and I hope some key scenes make it on screen. 

Also JB is yummy and Simone as Kate is enticing. I think we’ll have to wait until 2022 for it though. The filming is stalled yet again 

Edited by LizzieBennet - 2 years ago

This show was an addictive binge watch, even though it was set in the Regency era with highly patriarchal notions somehow it was a pretty interesting watch.

Next season will move-on to another sibling's story from start to end. Don't know if they would be able to keep up as the lead's chemistry was a huge contributer to the 1st season's success. Shonda just hit jackpot with her first streaming show.

The casting for season 2 looks pretty interesting!

Edited by Tapdance - 2 years ago
Originally posted by Tapdance

This show was an addictive binge watch, even though it was set in the Regency era with highly patriarchal notions somehow it was a pretty interesting watch.

Next season will move-on to another sibling's story from start to end. Don't know if they would be able to keep up as the lead's chemistry was a huge contributer to the 1st season's success. Shonda just hit jackpot with her first streaming show.

The casting for season 2 looks pretty interesting!

I love period romances and frankly, 'The Duke and I' was among my least favorite books. However, 'The Viscount who loved me' on which Season 2 is based is my favorite! What's more I like Jonny Bailey and Simone Ashley and think they will be able to recreate the chemistry between Anthony and Kate on screen. So, I, for one, am even more excited for S2 than S1. I love the little sneak peek and the cast interviews for Tudum!

And like you say, the casting is interesting. I love that they've carried forward Kate and Edwina's ethnicity by changing their names to seem more authentic. I like this show for the inclusivity and diversity in casting. Shonda has clearly not allowed the historical accounts of the Regency Era to dictate the casting for the show!

Edited by LizzieBennet - 2 years ago