Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Can you suggest some books to read?

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Originally posted by: iam_monstaaa

Can you suggest some books to read?

Some books that I read and loved (other than the Bridgerton series):

1. 9 rules to break when romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLean (must read! The heroine is so plucky!)

2. A week to be wicked by Tessa Dare (very funny, laugh out loud moments, adorable hero, bluestocking heroine)

3. Romancing the Duke by Tessa Dare (kind of beauty and the beast take off)

4. Girl meets Duke series by Tessa Dare especially the Duchess Deal (again beauty and the beast take off), and the Governess Game (I loved the hero in this too, and his two adorable wards)

5. The Duchess of Love series by Sally Mackenzie, especially Bedding Lord Ned and Loving Lord Ash

6. The entire 'Naked' series by Sally Mackenzie; my favorite was The Naked Earl (hilarious)

7. Three weeks with Lady X by Eloisa James (pretty funny especially the letters exchanged; the hero and heroine become BFFs first)

8. Miss Wonderful by Loretta Chase (Younger hero and older heroine, again adorable hero)

9. Unveiled by Courtney Milan (the hero is so supportive, and just so surprisingly unique), the other two books in the series are pretty good too (Unclaimed and Unraveled). Have yet to read Unlocked though it's not about the Turner brothers.

10. What happens in London and Ten things I love about you by Julia Quinn. 

Will add more when I remember...

E.T.A...

11. The madness of Lord Ian MacKenzie by Jennifer Ashley (really good and the hero is so unique: he’s definitely on the spectrum but in those times it would be seen as madness)

12. The footman and I by Valerie Bowman in which the hero who’s an earl pretends to be a footman to find true love. Fun! I also enjoyed Kiss me at Christmas by the same author, need to read more books by her!

13. When beauty tamed the beast by Eloisa James: the hero is the beast but also a doctor who limps (inspired by Dr. House; his understudies are even called the ducklings!)

14. Devil’s daughter by Lisa Kleypas. I know her Ravenel’s series is highly acclaimed and I loved this one (West Ravenel is an irresistible hero) but didn’t enjoy Chasing Cassandra as much.

15. My fake rake by Eva Leigh: I loved the premise of the shy, unassuming, nerdy hero being transformed into a rake, but it does drag in places. His friends are great though, look forward to reading the rest of the series.

E.T.A 

Just finished When a Scot ties the knot by Tessa Dare, so many funny moments and I really love the Scottish accent! 

Edited by LizzieBennett - 3 years ago
LizzieBennet thumbnail

I'm reading the Ravenels series by Lisa Kleypas.

Read them all except Cold-hearted Rake, not able to get that one from my library..😒

Devil in Spring: Pandora's story. It starts out as so much fun, Pandora is a quirky character and Gabriel was really intriguing as the oldest son and heir who has a ton of expectations weighing on him. But then the story did not go anywhere and the end was a bit too convoluted. I guess they did that to establish context for the next novel- Ethan Ransom's story, but even so it felt off. I enjoyed the initial parts though, at the house party until the wedding.

Hello Stranger: Didn't enjoy this as much. It's Garett and Ethan's story, characters introduced before in the series. But West Ravenel is totally irresistible and remains my favorite Ravenel.

Marrying Winterbourne: My least favorite book in the series. Couldn't get into Helen and Rhys' story at all. And the plot was wafer-thin.

Devil's daughter: West and Phoebe's story remains my favorite. His bonding with her kids is so precious.

Chasing Cassandra: Tied with Hello Stranger as my second least favorite. Overall enjoyed West and Pandora's stories the most. Until I get my hands on Devon's story that's how the rating will stand.

Currently reading: Twice tempted by a rogue by Tessa Dare

Chemcart_MJ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

I heard there have been talks for season 2....simone ashley as kate sharma...

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Originally posted by: Meena_J

I heard there have been talks for season 2....simone ashley as kate sharma...

Are you kidding? That's amazing! I've seen her in Sex Education. Another point for diverse casting. Love this! ❤️

Chemcart_MJ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: LizzieBennett

Are you kidding? That's amazing! I've seen her in Sex Education. Another point for diverse casting. Love this! ❤️

yeah it was in the news i saw this morning...

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Here's the link to the S2 casting news

Squeee!! Cannot wait! So excited! I think Jonathan and Simone will be so hot together. I really like the look of them together. I have seen Simone in Sex Education and although it was a small role, she made an impact. And Jonathan has been really good so far in Season 1. 

It's going to be such a long wait for this season! 😭

I love the idea of having diversity in the casting, am glad the cast is not all white. And 'The Viscount who loved me' is one of my favorite books in the series. Couldn't be happier they got someone with Indian ethnicity to play Kate!

With Rege-Jean and Simone playing opposite Bridgerton siblings, I hope all the romantic pairs will have one-half as POC. (Not in case of Colin and Eloise though), but I hope Sophie (if she's cast), Lucy, Michael, and Gareth are POC.

LizzieBennet thumbnail

I had read the books a long time ago, so decided to re-read the Bridgerton series.

Finished 'The viscount who loved me' and almost done with 'Romancing Mr. Bridgerton', both of which I'm finding strangely underwhelming (I remember liking them the first time I read them!)

So I have to say full marks to the Bridgerton team for making such an engaging TV series! I felt like the books had little substance, and nothing much happens by way of plot. A lot of it is conversational, and characters' feelings. It must have been challenging to come up with a riveting screenplay with the limited material available. I now see the point of the additional storylines that were not part of the books!

Pori thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Hey, 

I have not read the books and honestly wasn’t into period drama until Bridgerton. 
Loved loved loved Rege Jean Page and since I haven’t read the books, I’m biased towards his story with Daphne. 
The thing I agree with you about Daphne is that she does think high of herself in some ways, but I guess that was needed to fit her with Simon or how they come to be. 
my favourite bridgerton sibling is Eloise. Absolutely loved her. I’m all in for women who are there to break the rules, question society and make their way in the world. I adored her friendship with Penelope and her bond with  Benedict.
I enjoyed and appreciate how they have POC in the show because it changes the whole dynamic.
lady Bridgerton: also one of my fav. Strong and bold and I truly enjoyed her role. I agree it was short, but what could they do in 8 episodes? I imagine if they had more than 12 episodes, they could show more of her.
I found the Queen obnoxious and hilarious.
anthony: honestly I warmed up to him by the end of the show and looking forward to season 2.

I am also interested in colins story and I hope it’s with Penelope. Those two are adorable. 

I just got my hands on the stories yesterday, so I’m hoping to start reading them soon 

xbeyondwordsx thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Pori

Hey, 

I have not read the books and honestly wasn’t into period drama until Bridgerton. 
Loved loved loved Rege Jean Page and since I haven’t read the books, I’m biased towards his story with Daphne. 
The thing I agree with you about Daphne is that she does think high of herself in some ways, but I guess that was needed to fit her with Simon or how they come to be. 
my favourite bridgerton sibling is Eloise. Absolutely loved her. I’m all in for women who are there to break the rules, question society and make their way in the world. I adored her friendship with Penelope and her bond with  Benedict.
I enjoyed and appreciate how they have POC in the show because it changes the whole dynamic.
lady Bridgerton: also one of my fav. Strong and bold and I truly enjoyed her role. I agree it was short, but what could they do in 8 episodes? I imagine if they had more than 12 episodes, they could show more of her.
I found the Queen obnoxious and hilarious.
anthony: honestly I warmed up to him by the end of the show and looking forward to season 2.

I am also interested in colins story and I hope it’s with Penelope. Those two are adorable. 

I just got my hands on the stories yesterday, so I’m hoping to start reading them soon 

Rege Jean Page ☺️❤️

That man is just so damn charming 

And Eloise is hands down my favourite character from the show. She’s just amazing 😛