Ghum Hai Kisikey Pyaar Meiin

Role, duties & responsibilities of an IPS cadre officer??

chirpy_life19 thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

That 'danda' scene was decently done. 😊But I have a doubt do IPS cadre officers go to 'thana' (police station) and make convicts reveal and accept their crimes using a danda?? I thought IPS officers work from police head quarters and have greater power and role to play. As far as I know they are top-ranked officials of the Police Department and lead the police force. They have more challenging duties along with authority. Would love to see Virat handling such tough situations with his smartness and bravery any day in the show. πŸ˜Š 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

by_stander thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Chattering-Lory

That 'danda' scene was decently done. 😊But I have a doubt do IPS cadre officers go to 'thana' (police station) and make convicts reveal and accept their crimes using a danda?? I thought IPS officers work from police head quarters and have greater power and role to play. As far as I know they are top-ranked officials of the Police Department and lead the police force. They have more challenging duties along with authority. Would love to see Virat handling such tough situations with his smartness and bravery any day in the show. πŸ˜Š 

I think it was more of a generalization that usually police officers have to use "danda"/ some kind of physical violence to make the criminals speak if they are unwilling. 

chirpy_life19 thumbnail

Originally posted by: by_stander

I think it was more of a generalization that usually police officers have to use "danda"/ some kind of physical violence to make the criminals speak if they are unwilling. 

Agreed πŸ‘πŸΌActually when Bhavani said 'thana' and all I was like do these people even know his cadre, rank designation etc. properly and what his duty is? πŸ˜†

Anj_01 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

IPS officer is head of whole district not just a thana but as usual makers dont pay attention to these small details because its related to job not family🀣

janhav thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

The role and duty if IPS officers is decided as 

per their ranks. The lower ranking IPS officers go to police stations. They do not head one police station but a bunch of police stations. So an ACP of a zone in a city will have a few police stations under him/her. They are supposed to be actively involved in supervising investigations, which at times does involve questioning the accused, depending on the gravity of the crime. In extremely heinous or sensitive cases, they also investigate directly. As part of their training, they do also have a module of heading a mock police station where they are given mock cases to handle and investigate to hone their skills. As they rise in their ranks, the work could turn administrative depending on their postings but everyone who is supervising a city zone or district subdivision or a range will/can interrogate accused in sensitive or sensational cases, not everyday petty crime. Waise, given that he's just an ACP and in his first posting, he would also be patrolling his area like the lower ranking police officials do. They do make him sound like he's been a cop forever πŸ˜† (and of course that collar tab that comes only when you've reached the highest IPS ranks πŸ˜›) 

Liked that they finally added the baton to his outfit. πŸ˜†

Edited by jankiraghav - 3 years ago
chirpy_life19 thumbnail

Originally posted by: jankiraghav

per their ranks. The lower ranking IPS officers go to police stations. They do not head one police station but a bunch of police stations. So an ACP of a zone in a city will have a few police stations under him/her. They are supposed to be actively involved in supervising investigations, which at times does involve questioning the accused, depending on the gravity of the crime. In extremely heinous or sensitive cases, they also investigate directly. As part of their training, they do also have a module of heading a mock police station where they are given mock cases to handle and investigate to hone their skills. As they rise in their ranks, the work could turn administrative depending on their postings but everyone who is supervising a city zone or district subdivision or a range will/can interrogate accused in sensitive or sensational cases, not everyday petty crime. Waise, given that he's just an ACP and in his first posting, he would also be patrolling his area like the lower ranking police officials do. They do make him sound like he's been a cop forever πŸ˜† (and of course that collar tab that comes only when you've reached the highest IPS ranks πŸ˜›) 

Thanks for the information πŸ‘πŸΌ

Is this the same for directly recruited IPS officers (through upsc) and promotees? 

janhav thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Thanks for the information πŸ‘πŸΌ

Is this the same for directly recruited IPS officers (through upsc) and promotees? 

It's the same for all at same posts. IPS Officers obviously get the plump posts much younger than the state officers who are promoted as they have to rise through the ranks. 

Swetha-Sai thumbnail

Originally posted by: jankiraghav

Thanks for sharing the information, Janki! πŸ™‚