Performance Discussion - Grand Premiere 19 & 20 December

Posted: 3 years ago

Ashish and sawai were so good . These two are the favorites for the title so far . Dark horse is Danish

so the contestants are singing mashup songs & legendary instrument players will support them by providing the music...neha kakkar's coments are cringe & unhelpful as usual ...aditya's hosting seems boring too..

-Sireesha Bhagavatula: i actually liked this one as this song has been played on my music playlist so interesting to see the music provided by the flute & mridangam.. i liked the difference in the pitch provided by the main singer vs the chorus...

(i havent really seen a carnatic musician as judge from the past so wish there was one judge there)...

-sayli kamble: sorta jazzy vibes with the trumpets in the background😆lol himesh's providing the male counterpart...lol though was a bit mixed as its quite complex to put a hindustani classical singer + jazz musicians but i liked the vibe the music provided....i liked the confidence from the singer 

-pawandeep: mixed about this because of the way i heard it vs the way pawan sang it...some pronunciation was off :/ so mixed sorta performance

-sawai: i liked his performance because you can sense a bit of rajasthani touch (fellow marwari here so i felt the connection😳)

-ashish:  why are they showing judges comments & expression & his mother crying over & over again? i want to see the fellow singer, not their faces hence felt that ruined the performance a bit...coming to the singer, his style seems more laidback & cool type...its nice but i wasnt much in awe ...🤷‍♀️ but i like the second song more as his energy came out more in that one, the hamdam sunio re song...

-mohd danish: nice performance on ramta jogi...liked the buildup harmony by the music & singer as the song started to intensify ....nice 👍 ...i liked the music buildup very much...ups & downs which is quite good...the singer was just a bit OTT but he definitely seemed to enjoy it lol 😂 i like the sargam bols he used ...nice part there...

-anushka banerjee: initially was somewhat skeptical due to her panic attacks since they were dramatizing the panic attack scenario from the past...i dont know but i felt a bit like she was still nervous while singing for some reason hence felt like dozing off ..the voice has potential but she's still nervous hence a bit apprehensive about her placement..

-samyak: while he sings okay, his voice seemed more suited for indian idol junior ....found his performance okayish...

For me, Sawai Bhatt was the best in last nights episode. Hope he explores other type of songs and show his versatility. 

Ashish second.

I hope Sreesha and Sayli will explore other singers song instead of sticking to A R Rehman or Chitra and Asha Bhosle respectively.

Pawandeep has been a winner in Voice India.    

Danish is a dark horse. He has come in Voice India and his grand father is an Ustad in music. Danish trained from him and belongs to a Gharana. So trained singer!!!!!

Ashish, Danish and Sawai were the best.

Pawan, Sayali, Sireesha were good.

Expected better from Samyak & Anushka.

Originally posted by Ms.S.K.

For me, Sawai Bhatt was the best in last nights episode. Hope he explores other type of songs and show his versatility. 

Ashish second.

I hope Sreesha and Sayli will explore other singers song instead of sticking to A R Rehman or Chitra and Asha Bhosle respectively.

Pawandeep has been a winner in Voice India.    

Danish is a dark horse. He has come in Voice India and his grand father is an Ustad in music. Danish trained from him and belongs to a Gharana. So trained singer!!!!!

I was thinking similar. Probably to venture out in other kinds of songs, especially for Sreesha. Sayli's attempt was okay but I would like to see her singing in different kinds of singers. Also, besides AR rehman, chitra, and asha bhosle, i was thinking to add songs from shreya ghoshal & palak muchal because their voices sound quite similar generically. 😆

Too much drama, why are they forcing their  emotional drama, some contestants get way too much footage with their emotional.drama and background.

Everyone should be judged fair and square based on their singing than their background, status and emotional quotient.

december 20 reviews

-arunita: i thought it was okay but i like the music from the flute & tabla was taking the grace lol...could be me but i felt it was a bit safe playing since shreya ghoshal's voice is quite similar for her voice ...i wish she explores other songs besides shreya goshal lol but it was nice attempt because i liked the jugalbandi of the singer & the flute player parts only with the tabla providing the beats

-anjali gaikwad: i like the use of ghatam & the flute in the song...i like her jugalbandhi with the flute player when she sang the sargam bols, more so nice touch there...when the flute player + ghatam player + drum player did their parts it was really nice...lol but why show neha's reaction when anjali was singing the part where she was required to speed up the sargam bols? kinda felt like it was like neha kakkar's going to be like shocker mode😆lol

-vaishnav: i didnt like the musician's piano-guitar attempt there in the beginning ...it felt a bit jarring to my ears & there was no need of that...i liked the take of bols in a cool & laidback method only, nice attempt there, however, i felt he couldve done better as i felt a bit discordance in comparison to sonu nigam's version...i actually liked the original song better in comparison to this one..also, i felt some diction issues were prevalent

-nachiket: bit OTT in costumes...last time was in a nauvari sari & now a south indian get up :/ but i guess it's his option so gets to decide what to do ...felt it was a bit forced hence i prefer the mridangam & tabla support more over his part...also i feel a bit irked when they speak a language i dont know :/ i dont have subtitles :/

-shanmukhpriya: felt she was forcing herself to sing despite the good music in the background...

-nihal: irritating to see his hair commentary lol....arijit's voice had more depth which explains the pain depicted in the song whereas nihal's attempt was quite bland....i felt the song was average :/ couldve done better

-sahil: nice energy & vibe...not the best but still good job !...he's got potential... i like the HUMKA PINI hai parts with the chorus...

nice to see yuvraj back! he will be trained with neeraj & mangal so thats good. 

Edited by Meena_J - 3 years ago

Compared to Saturday, last night's episode was dull.

For me, highlight of the episode was the wild card entry of Yuvraj. Well deserved.  I noticed judges were not that happy?? 

I have a feeling channel might have received complaints when he was not chosen in top 14 and asked the questions why contestants who had already participated in other shows were once again given chance!!!!  

Shanmukh Priya - 8th wonder of the world.   what a joke  

Worst singing I've seen

Originally posted by Ms.S.K.

Compared to Saturday, last night's episode was dull.

For me, highlight of the episode was the wild card entry of Yuvraj. Well deserved.  I noticed judges were not that happy?? 

I have a feeling channel might have received complaints when he was not chosen in top 14 and asked the questions why contestants who had already participated in other shows were once again given chance!!!!  

Shanmukh Priya - 8th wonder of the world.   what a joke  

Worst singing I've seen

the tweets by dadlani mustve been the thing 😆i remember some reality shows keep an extra after certain amount of people are selected --- for exsmple, if it is initially decided top 15, then the judges claim k singers ne une majbur kardia vagera vagera😆 like something along those lines, and then they keep few more ppl & change it to top 16 or more...😆i was expecting it would occur in this season but kher...🤷‍♀️ 

Edited by Meena_J - 3 years ago

Oh no. Just read Vishal's twitter, Yuvraj has to audition for wild card entry hence he will get trained.  Not straight wild card entry.  

seems after choosing top 14 or what ever, they keep some in standby and afterwards have to audition again to get wild card entry.

Yuvraj - wishing you all the best