The Rise & Fall Of CONTENT In ITV !

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 3 years ago

Everything is okay but Aarohan is not much different from today's content. I watched a little during lockdown on DD Bharti thinking it as a good show which it was in many shows. I was disappointed when the female lead falls in love with her arrogant boss who always shouted, insulted and punished her over his brother who was her batch mate. That boss was a widower who lost his fight in an accident. She fell for him causing him to even smile at few times which never happened in a long time. She was rude and arrogant to her till the 2nd last episode and in the last episode he realises his love only when the female lead's best friend and batch mate blasts him for always being mean to her and how she joined Navy just to attend Navy Ball having no idea she has to face a war. He then goes to the beach where the female lead was upset and confesses his feelings to her while his brother who watches from a distance unknown to them becomes sad. At the war victory party, he tells her something good and again his brother watches sadly from a distance. That was the negative point of the show. If they are showing something realistic they need to keep that way but inserting the Mills&Boons crap of a woman falling in love for a depressed and arrogant person was unrealistic. They should have either shown her accepting his brother's feelings or without any guy at all as this was anyway a show on Navy women not some Mills&Boons story. I am not saying Aarohan was bad but this so-called romantic angle was not necessary in a show of Navy women struggles.

But some other shows mentioned was very nice. Dekh Bhai Dekh I watched few episodes. It was a nice comedy show with a story each episode unlike continuity dramas nowadays on Sab TV which looks like daily soaps. The dressing sense of characters were also real like them wearing normal clothes that one would wear in the house instead of heavy sarees, stylish dresses, loads of make up and jewellery. Actually in all shows during those days the characters dressed normally.

Idhar Udhar I watched on You Tube for few episodes till the tenant is in the show. I watched this show 3 years ago when someone mentioned it in a show forum. I doubt a show with 2 women keeping a male tenant in the house and making him do all the housework will be made in today's times. Even if it is made I am sure it will get low TRPs. The content and dialogues looked its made today when it was made in 1985 that is 35 years ago when most of the forum members here were not even born.

Edited by Juhi_04 - 3 years ago

That time the show was made by research and has good writing skills unlike today everything is put in illogical tracks.  

Originally posted by Juhi_04

But some other shows mentioned was very nice. Dekh Bhai Dekh I watched few episodes. It was a nice comedy show with a story each episode unlike continuity dramas nowadays on Sab TV which looks like daily soaps. The dressing sense of characters were also real like them wearing normal clothes that one would wear in the house instead of heavy sarees, stylish dresses, loads of make up and jewellery. Actually in all shows during those days the characters dressed normally. Oh I watched this show. It was really nice. Actually, shows from 80s & 90s were good to watch. I used to some youth dramas & detective shows. It was very good back then. 

Edited by Meena_J - 3 years ago