Namak Ishq Ka

Geet and Iss pyaar ko kya naam doon remake

AnyaRSingh thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Does Gul Khan not have any other story line?

I imagine to protect that sister in law 

Yug will do the balidaan of marrying cham cham himselfšŸ¤”-_-

there is no creativity with his brother this time and shyaam from iss pyaar ko kya naam doon both limping creeps.

I wish cham cham/khahani wasnt this girl whose weakness being those two random kids was used against her to humiliate and manipulate so we would all feel sorry for her

I wish she was more of a flirt and just pissed yug of naturally šŸ¤£rather than with this sense of self respect. 

The dancing on his car etc was very unnecessary...

The girls whose cham cham is really pretty i love her dancing 

the guys a bit wooden dont understand if he was watching nakul in ishqbaaz and decided this was the acting level he needed to rise to +_+

The back story about the fathers bla bla gives me iss pyaar ko kya naam doon season 3 vibes along with the longer than necessary screen time given to shiv ji murthis

šŸ¤“interests are peeked. 

but honestly feel this is just a rinse repeat of all other gul khan shows 

with the over the top bubbly heroine falling for the brooding bearded chauvinist/misogynist -- i dont know which world Yug lives in throwing a person you called to work for yous money it the world doesnt make you better than them or more deserving of self respect. 

It just made you an asshole

another unnecessary scene

I have no idea why poor cham cham has to eventually marry and deal with you

-- i guess we will get a sad back story that your father cheated on your mother with a dancer hence you hate her...but will soften seeing her majboori +_+

but again rather than establishing a bunch of nonsense this should have been done first. Also hoping his inability to emote anything other than a brooding face improves as the show goes on or he will spoil the story for me. 

Watching strictly for mona and cham cham girl

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kukuraja thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

The hero is really disappointing so far. For a character that is supposed to be  quiet and restrained , the voice and eyes should both do the talking. The whiplash in his dialogue delivery is missing ; the disgust in his eye is missing. subtle expressions are missing. 

But I remember when IPK started Barun Sobti also came off a bit wooden ( to me) but he was absolutely brilliant a few weeks into it. 

AnyaRSingh thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: kukuraja

The hero is really disappointing so far. For a character that is supposed to be  quiet and restrained , the voice and eyes should both do the talking. The whiplash in his dialogue delivery is missing ; the disgust in his eye is missing. subtle expressions are missing. 

But I remember when IPK started Barun Sobti also came off a bit wooden ( to me) but he was absolutely brilliant a few weeks into it. 

i found barun good in all of his shows besides ipk 3šŸ¤£ it was like he died inside acting in that role again or something...

kukuraja thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AnyaRSingh

i found barun good in all of his shows besides ipk 3šŸ¤£ it was like he died inside acting in that role again or something...

True. It was like he had agreed to do the show because he had a gun to his head.

Move_ON thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Looked like concept remake of iss pyar with dance background. Leading lady is doing well but male lead needs lot of improvement, looks expressionless as of now. Lets see how can he improves in upcoming days.

kukuraja thumbnail

Originally posted by: Move_ON

Looked like concept remake of iss pyar with dance background. Leading lady is doing well but male lead needs lot of improvement, looks expressionless as of now. Let's see how can he improves in upcoming days.

Agreed. But I do think that Yug is not the same as ASR. ASR was an all around angry bitter person with the exception of his sister. He was mean and inconsiderate. He disliked Khushi simply because she was poor and assumed she was a gold digger. Yug is shown to be more soft and decent in his interactions; his disgust for Chamcham is because of the nature of her profession which , lets face it, is something that would be frowned upon in most conservative societies. 

Edited by kukuraja - 3 years ago
Move_ON thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Just saw  scene of chamcham hiding and remembered  same where Khushi hide in cupboard, got glimse of ASR with T shirt.

Hopefully Gul stops pasting same scenes from iss pyar and gets creative ideas.

Iss pyar was super hit so still in memory....

JalebiJane thumbnail

I agree with your remarks on Mr Sobti's Arnav in the early episodes of IPK. And I feel the same is happening here with Mr Ohja's Yug. I feel he is settling into the role and I'm really enjoying him now. [Miss Sharma has been excellent from day one. She embodies the part with ease, it seems.]

JalebiJane thumbnail

Agreed. But I do think that Yug is not the same as ASR. ASR was an all around angry bitter person with the exception of his sister. He was mean and inconsiderate. He disliked Khushi simply because she was poor and assumed she was a gold digger. Yug is shown to be more soft and decent in his interactions; his disgust for Chamcham is because of the nature of her profession which , lets face it, is something that would be frowned upon in most conservative societies. 

Excellent points. Thanks for bringing up the topic. I've been reflecting on the differences between ASR and YPR.

ASR was wounded by his parents' tragedy; YPR seems jaded or cynical because of his father's affair with a dancer. ASR's arrogance came from ideas about class; YPR's arrogance comes from ideas about morality. And yes, Yug's tenderness is available to all except those who behave badly in his view [Kahani, Raunak]. ASR's tenderness was limited only to his sister.

One key difference is that ASR was an atheist and YPR is deeply religious.

What's interesting is that I don't think ASR would judge a woman because she is a dancer. He would find that kind of conservative attitude regressive.