Posted: 2 months ago

What do you think are some of the lowest points for an actor ( male or female) in BW ?

For example, 

Amitabh when he did movies like Lal Badshah/Mrityudaata in late 90s

Salman when he was giving back to back flops from 2006-2009

Katrina starring in Boom

Bombay Velvet  for Ranbir/Anushka 

Edited by 2RsFan - 2 months ago

Salman told the story that once his dad told him if someone got seriously sick there maybe wouldn’t be enough funds to treat to them. I think that was the lowest phases. 2002 for sure so many arrests 🤦‍♂️ 

FLOPPY in Ra.one, Jab tak hai jaan, Happy new year, Dilwale, Fan, Jab harry met sejal and Zero.

Actually I won't call this the lowest point. I would call it the retirement point. Poor thing needs to retire now. The audience don't even want to see his face anymore. Sigh. 

By 1999, Amitabh Bachchan became bankrupt. The Bombay high court restrained him from selling off his Mumbai bungalow 'Prateeksha' and two flats till the pending loan recovery cases of Canara Bank were dealt with, he had no work, his personal bank balance was nil.

Speaking of struggles because of his failures, Big B had told a leading daily, "There was a sword hanging on my head all the time. I spent many sleepless nights. One day, I got up early in the morning and went directly to Yash Chopraji and told him that I was bankrupt.

This is the lowest worst phase.

[Content Removed]

Shraddha Kapoor with rock on2,ok jaanu,Haseena Parkar biopic.she bounced back with stree

I think the lowest point in Ranbir's career was before Bombay Velvet. It was with Besharam, though it got a great opening, but the acting of Ranbir and the script were the worst things I have ever seen. In Bombay Velvet, he at least acted well and the movie was better than Besharam.

Ironically, the lowest point came in his career right after the highest point i.e. Barfi. Lesson learnt by Ranbir, he never tried to do the inane masala larager-than-life hero again. He really doesn't suit that image.

Deepika - Jnu pr stunt