Top 15 of Indian Idol 12 - Page 3

Posted: 3 years ago

seems like they are out of singers so keep bringing the same people back

Originally posted by Ashley.Tisdale

I honestly expected better.

Why the hell are there so many contestants from other singing shows? I get it if they participated years ago as children and then chose to attempt as adults. But this is just too much. 

Doesn't Indian Idol have an age limit? Why are there so many minors this time? There are enough kid singing shows these days, they can go there. There are some adults who genuinely need this platform much more. 

I also wished they stop enrolling people below 18. LOL, what is the definition of Adult and Minor, according to Indian Idol creatives?🤪I remember another show, DID on Zee, did a similar thing where 16 & 17 year olds were participating and that irked me. Also, I agree of recycling people from other shows such as SRGMP and IIJ lol. 

About the judges, I would really like Neha Kakkar out TBH. Her and Aditya's nonstop conversation is cringe no offense and her comments aren't really helpful. 

Edited by Meena_J - 3 years ago

Originally posted by Ms.S.K.

Bang on. Agree with all your points.

red: I keep asking myself every time.

4 contestant should not have been in. top 15 in my opinion are: Shanmukh Priya, Vaishnav, Anjali and that girl who has panic attacks. How many times judges will give her space before she starts singing. Every week we will have to bear it. 

This is my problem too. It;ll be for garnering sympathy tactic & it will get redundant like every weekend are we going to see her panic attack be utilized for sympathy purpose? Sorry for sounding harsh but it'll be irritating to see this point repeated.  Shanmukh priya & anjali also didn't deserve the spot definitely. 

Originally posted by Ms.S.K.

Bang on. Agree with all your points.

red: I keep asking myself every time.

4 contestant should not have been in. top 15 in my opinion are: Shanmukh Priya, Vaishnav, Anjali and that girl who has panic attacks. How many times judges will give her space before she starts singing. Every week we will have to bear it. 

Instead of these 4, judges should have given chance to that fellow from sets of Indian Idol, Krishna bhakt who fell out with his guru, the contestant who sang in both male & female voice, and there was another contestant in last audition round who was shown only singing one line and Vishal said you are sensation on social media with your singing. didn't get golden ticket.  His voice was so brilliant.

He would have over shadowed judges favourites.

I swear I agree with you. They gave Vaishnav a second chance, is that allowed? Then every contestant having a bad day should be given a chance.

Only one place which I found bad was when they built up telling the girl with anxiety that she would have to wait. She has social anxiety, u have to be more understanding than building up for your TRP. What if she'd had a panic attack ? Who would be responsible for that ? 

I swear I agree with you. They gave Vaishnav a second chance, is that allowed? Then every contestant having a bad day should be given a chance.

Only one place which I found bad was when they built up telling the girl with anxiety that she would have to wait. She has social anxiety, u have to be more understanding than building up for your TRP. What if she'd had a panic attack ? Who would be responsible for that ? 

idk if she'll be eliminated early onwards or will be kept for garnering trp/sympathy votes...today she sang a bit average esp in terms of low pitch/low notes...

Originally posted by Meena_J

I also wished they stop enrolling people below 18. LOL, what is the definition of Adult and Minor, according to Indian Idol creatives?🤪I remember another show, DID on Zee, did a similar thing where 16 & 17 year olds were participating and that irked me. Also, I agree of recycling people from other shows such as SRGMP and IIJ lol. 

About the judges, I would really like Neha Kakkar out TBH. Her and Aditya's nonstop conversation is cringe no offense and her comments aren't really helpful. 

The thing is these kids can wait a couple of years, complete their studies and then contest in an adult singing show. But them participating immediately after they've just been a part of another show is unfair to so many potential contestants. 

Imagine how many people must've needed the stage to showcase their talent and they are adults who need to make their mark anyhow but some 15 yr old kid who should be giving their 10th board exams took that spot. How a Vaishnav got it over a Yuvraj...imagine how people lost their one shot to children who could've waited. 

I get it, a few of them deserve a spot. But all of them? Thats not fair. They're getting in coz of contacts and knowing the judges.

Actually it would be healthy to change the judges every season for one very important reason. We all know now what kind of songs these guys prefer. Vishal and Neha are more into Western songs or ARR songs. Himesh I know enjoys both but its like 2 against 1. So if a viewer chooses to participate they already know what kind of song to sing to win the judges. So changing them every season would not let this happen.

Plus they should make contestants since both Westernised and Indianised songs. The likes of Shankar Jaikishan, Laxmikant Pyarelal have also given both genres. That would become challenging and fun to watch for us viewers too.

And they should honestly have music directors as judges only, or one lyricist. Because a singer will judge based on just singing. But a MD will judge based on voice and over all how well its going with the song. Even a seasoned singer can't judge their own voice when they are behind the mike. But an MD has to do that.

If they need singers then they can chose someone like Javed Ali who really gives helpful feedback. I love how carefully he used to listen n explain the jagah lena techniques to the contestants.

Are Neha and Aditya still having interactions this season? I don't mean flirting coz both of them are married now. I haven't seen todays episode yet.  

Last season a kid came for audition (she was actually older but looked like a kid due to disability) and the judges said they dont take participants under 16, yet in the final rounds they had a 15 year old

The thing is these kids can wait a couple of years, complete their studies and then contest in an adult singing show. But them participating immediately after they've just been a part of another show is unfair to so many potential contestants. 

Imagine how many people must've needed the stage to showcase their talent and they are adults who need to make their mark anyhow but some 15 yr old kid who should be giving their 10th board exams took that spot. How a Vaishnav got it over a Yuvraj...imagine how people lost their one shot to children who could've waited. 

I get it, a few of them deserve a spot. But all of them? Thats not fair. They're getting in coz of contacts and knowing the judges.

Actually it would be healthy to change the judges every season for one very important reason. We all know now what kind of songs these guys prefer. Vishal and Neha are more into Western songs or ARR songs. Himesh I know enjoys both but its like 2 against 1. So if a viewer chooses to participate they already know what kind of song to sing to win the judges. So changing them every season would not let this happen.

Plus they should make contestants since both Westernised and Indianised songs. The likes of Shankar Jaikishan, Laxmikant Pyarelal have also given both genres. That would become challenging and fun to watch for us viewers too.

And they should honestly have music directors as judges only, or one lyricist. Because a singer will judge based on just singing. But a MD will judge based on voice and over all how well its going with the song. Even a seasoned singer can't judge their own voice when they are behind the mike. But an MD has to do that.

If they need singers then they can chose someone like Javed Ali who really gives helpful feedback. I love how carefully he used to listen n explain the jagah lena techniques to the contestants.

Are Neha and Aditya still having interactions this season? I don't mean flirting coz both of them are married now. I haven't seen todays episode yet.  

Yes, overall when they play clips from past seasons or whatever in a reality show, it just irks me a bit that they are using those who reached semi-finalist level before elimination. It was quite a nuisance that they are recycling former contestants again. :/

I really want Neha out because her comments are just not helpful at all whatsoever. The Neha-Aditya gag they had for the last few seasons was quite irritating as heck. Yes, I would like music directors & a lyricist too because I have noticed that some of these contestants need proper diction. Honestly speaking, having a singer is quite complex because each singer has a different take on singing thus producing some potential bias in the results. Also tired of seeing Vishal consistently for the past seasons. 

Regarding their conversations, I just skip them because its just faltu ka drama and all. I just focus on their singing and the feedback from the judges.

Edited by Meena_J - 3 years ago

Originally posted by Meena_J

Yes, overall when they play clips from past seasons or whatever in a reality show, it just irks me a bit that they are using those who reached semi-finalist level before elimination. It was quite a nuisance that they are recycling former contestants again. :/

I really want Neha out because her comments are just not helpful at all whatsoever. The Neha-Aditya gag they had for the last few seasons was quite irritating as heck. Yes, I would like music directors & a lyricist too because I have noticed that some of these contestants need proper diction. Honestly speaking, having a singer is quite complex because each singer has a different take on singing thus producing some potential bias in the results. Also tired of seeing Vishal consistently for the past seasons. 

Regarding their conversations, I just skip them because its just faltu ka drama and all. I just focus on their singing and the feedback from the judges.

Absolutely. 

They should come up with a show where all ex contestants of different reality shows with less than a 5 year gap between two shows can participate instead of bringing them in Indian Idol.

Imo they should change judges every season. That way there would be no predictability or bias.

I saw season 10 and 11 in quarantine and personally loved the former. 11 was okayish but 10 was the bomb. It looks like CVs are trying to repeat the same success by bringing contestants with similarities with that of 10's.

In my opinion Neha cannot sing so how can she be a judge!!!!

She mostly sings remixes and same tone pitch. not on high tone as she knows her voice will not come out.   Sunidhi is better singer than Neha.