Top 15 of Indian Idol 12 - Page 2

Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by Unique.Sheep

are shanmakhapriya and anjali selected??

Both selected. In fact Shanmakh Priya was the first one to be chosen.  List of top 15:

1.  Mohd Danish from Muzzafarnagar
  2. Sireesha Bhagavatula from Vishakapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
  3. Anjali Gaikwad from Ahmednagar, Maharashtra
  4. Samyak Prasana from Delhi
  5. Vaishnav Girish from Thrissur, Kerala
  6. Arunita Kanjilal from Kolkata
  7. Anushka Banerjee from Kolkata
  8. Sayli Kishor Kamble from Maharashtra
  9. Nihal Tauro from Mangalore
  10. Sahil Solanki from Hissar
  11. Pawandeep Rajan from Uttarakhand
  12. Sawai Bhatt from Rajasthan
  13. Shanmukha Priya from Visakhapatnam
  14. Nachiket Lele from Mumbai
  15. Ashish Kulkarni from Pune
Edited by Ms.S.K. - 3 years ago

so many known faces...vaishnav was also from srgmp show the same season where shanukhapriya and anjali were...and anjali won that season why does she need to be on indian idol???

so riya biswas didnt get through

Originally posted by Unique.Sheep

so many known faces...vaishnav was also from srgmp show the same season where shanukhapriya and anjali were...and anjali won that season why does she need to be on indian idol???

so riya biswas didnt get through

Vaishnav was in srgmp? I know he was in junior Indian idol and was a runner up I think.  First time I saw Anjali.

red: That's why I posted above why contestants who have already participated in singling shows being given chance again and again.   

Originally posted by Ms.S.K.

Vaishnav was in srgmp? I know he was in junior Indian idol and was a runner up I think.  First time I saw Anjali.

red: That's why I posted above why contestants who have already participated in singling shows being given chance again and again.   

Vaishnav and Anjali came in SRGMP L'il Champs 2017 after more than half season was done. Anjali's elder sister Nandini who gave audition in Indian Idol was also there.

Yes him and anjali entered as wild cards in srgmp

Both selected. In fact Shanmakh Priya was the first one to be chosen.  List of top 15:

1. Anushka Banerjee from Kolkata

i have nothing against her & feel bad that she suffers from social anxiety disorder which is a common mental health disorder  ...while her voice does have potential & w/ her parents support through virtual medium before entering the top 15, she was able to sing...however, these reality shows tend to drag such issues for trp reasons/add some drama for garnering trp + audience voting, it seems like a 50/50 situation wherein either she'll be retained or be an easy target to eliminate ... 🤷‍♀️ 

Pavandeep was winner of voice India season 1

Sahil has already participated and made on top in voice India and srgmp 

Sanmukhpriya and her mother is very OTT. I hope she tries some different songs this time. She was in srgmp lil champ and her mom I guess it was her ... channel really gave hard time to Javed Ali because of her mom’s weird dreams of dressing him odd

Vaishnav was there in Indian idol 

girl with anxiety issues was there in Shekhar’s team in srgmp. Shekhar initially was very patient  with her but later she did not change, keep repeating her anxiety issues. He eliminated her

Edited by DiamondLife - 3 years ago

I honestly expected better.

Why the hell are there so many contestants from other singing shows? I get it if they participated years ago as children and then chose to attempt as adults. But this is just too much. 

Doesn't Indian Idol have an age limit? Why are there so many minors this time? There are enough kid singing shows these days, they can go there. There are some adults who genuinely need this platform much more. 

I didn't like Shanmukh Priya at all, the only reason she got in is coz she's been there around for long. Last year's Janabhi was much better than her. Found her entire persona and her mom's behaviour damn crappy.

Even Sireesha was very shaky. Nihal wasn't the best, Yuvraj deserved that spot. The coaches could train him after selection. Vaishnav was also not my favourite, that spot could've gone to someone else.

2 singers I really liked were the boy who sang Krishna's bhakti geet in the auditions and the muslim girl who had sung Jiya Re in the first auditions. Was bummed not to see them.

I really get a feeling that there is a nexus that allows mainly reality show insiders to get in easily while outsiders don't unless they have a sob story or impress the judges or connections.

Also did anyone notice how the judges are one toned? They easily prefer westernised songs or Rahman's songs or qawaali style but the remaining genres it's like they don't get it. I am sure Himesh does as he's done all kinds of songs but the others don't.

Indian Idol needs new judges for sure. There are many talented music directors out there, many veterans too who'd do a great job.

And what is this obsession with ARR songs? If u are on a reality show there are much more complex songs of much superior composers. ARR songs are too easy to do, make them audition with older songs up till the early 2000s and then see the fun.

The only good part was when I saw Ankush and Nitin make an appearance. I was hoping they'd sing too 😆 But just looking at them made my day. Season 10 was honestly the best.

Originally posted by DiamondLife

Pavandeep was winner of voice India season 1

Sahil has already participated and made on top in voice India and srgmp 

Sanmukhpriya and her mother is very OTT. I hope she tries some different songs this time. She was in srgmp lil champ and her mom I guess it was her ... channel really gave hard time to Javed Ali because of her mom’s weird dreams of dressing him odd

Vaishnav was there in Indian idol 

girl with anxiety issues was there in Shekhar’s team in srgmp. Shekhar initially was very patient  with her but later she did not change, keep repeating her anxiety issues. He eliminated her

bold: totally agree with you.   Also she is very confident.  At audition time, mum hinted she also wanted to take part. Sanmukpriya's parents are into music.  per article in rival site, (extract quote: "My parents are musicians. My mom is MA in music. My dad sings and also plays instruments like violin and veena. They used to do concerts together, and I used to attend them. They used to also teach music at home")

I think she is judges favourite so will be saved by their markings.

Red: At audition time Vaishnav was given 2nd chance by Vishal Dadlani. Not fair for other contestants who were having bad days.

Originally posted by Ashley.Tisdale

I honestly expected better.

Why the hell are there so many contestants from other singing shows? I get it if they participated years ago as children and then chose to attempt as adults. But this is just too much. 

Doesn't Indian Idol have an age limit? Why are there so many minors this time? There are enough kid singing shows these days, they can go there. There are some adults who genuinely need this platform much more. 

I didn't like Shanmukh Priya at all, the only reason she got in is coz she's been there around for long. Last year's Janabhi was much better than her. Found her entire persona and her mom's behaviour damn crappy.

Even Sireesha was very shaky. Nihal wasn't the best, Yuvraj deserved that spot. The coaches could train him after selection. Vaishnav was also not my favourite, that spot could've gone to someone else.

2 singers I really liked were the boy who sang Krishna's bhakti geet in the auditions and the muslim girl who had sung Jiya Re in the first auditions. Was bummed not to see them.

I really get a feeling that there is a nexus that allows mainly reality show insiders to get in easily while outsiders don't unless they have a sob story or impress the judges or connections.

Also did anyone notice how the judges are one toned? They easily prefer westernised songs or Rahman's songs or qawaali style but the remaining genres it's like they don't get it. I am sure Himesh does as he's done all kinds of songs but the others don't.

Indian Idol needs new judges for sure. There are many talented music directors out there, many veterans too who'd do a great job.

And what is this obsession with ARR songs? If u are on a reality show there are much more complex songs of much superior composers. ARR songs are too easy to do, make them audition with older songs up till the early 2000s and then see the fun.

The only good part was when I saw Ankush and Nitin make an appearance. I was hoping they'd sing too 😆 But just looking at them made my day. Season 10 was honestly the best.

Bang on. Agree with all your points.

red: I keep asking myself every time.

4 contestant should not have been in. top 15 in my opinion are: Shanmukh Priya, Vaishnav, Anjali and that girl who has panic attacks. How many times judges will give her space before she starts singing. Every week we will have to bear it. 

Instead of these 4, judges should have given chance to that fellow from sets of Indian Idol, Krishna bhakt who fell out with his guru, the contestant who sang in both male & female voice, and there was another contestant in last audition round who was shown only singing one line and Vishal said you are sensation on social media with your singing. didn't get golden ticket.  His voice was so brilliant.

He would have over shadowed judges favourites.