Debate Mansion

How to deal with Death? - Page 4

cRaZyGrL192 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
This content was originally posted by: Believe

Om Asatoma SadgamayaTamasoma Jyoti GamayaMyrityoma Amritam Gamaya

i<FONT face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" color=#990000 size=2>t means...<FONT face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" color=#990000 size=2>From delusion lead me to TruthFrom darkness lead me to LightFrom death lead me to eternal life....

wow that's beautiful 😛 if u dont mind me asking...is that a quote from the geeta or sumthing of that nature? 😊

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cRaZyGrL192 thumbnail

Which geeta aa?😉 hmmm hey rlx jst kiding

....Actuly its Sanscrt slog....i dont know from whichbook...Cos lots of books there, upanishat,veeda's,bagvatgeeta,ramayan,etc etc...

hehe...u had me there 4 a min 😆 but just 4 a min 😉i am rlxed now... yea thatz wat i waz wondering...i dont kno much abt the books thatz y i waz asking...thx anyway 😃 😳
cRaZyGrL192 thumbnail

you are welcome.......aap jaise log kabi itnebade bade questions itne sweet wayse pooochta hey to malum nahe tho bekuch be reply karana padtha hey maaf karo ok...lot of intelligent peoples here.......they can explain you detail about that sanskrt slog....😃......😉

Just chill

maaf karo?? 4 wat dear?? o n kya karu main hu hi itne sweet...nothing to apologize abt...n i said fnx na??...bcuz u helped...dont worry abt it 😊
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: cRaZyGrL192

maaf karo?? 4 wat dear?? o n kya karu main hu hi itne sweet...nothing to apologize abt...n i said fnx na??...bcuz u helped...dont worry abt it 😊

ya always coollllll😊 ðŸ˜‰

Dr told me that dont mingle with sweet peoples cos muje diabatics hojayegaa.....😛

punjini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Good topic Sowmyaa.

I admire the people who deal with a close one's death by trying to do the things that were dear to the one who passed away. I know many such people in my own family.

About mourning, I have seen different kinds of funerals in North and South India. In Delhi, I would notice a number of wailing and weeping mourners, which often left me embarrassed. Sometimes I saw the same set of vocal mourners at different funerals!

In the movie Rudali, I came to know that there used to be professional mourners who could be hired for the occasion.

In the South, within my extended family, funerals are different from the ones I saw in Delhi. They are religious occasions where the rituals are performed for the departed soul with all earnestness. Smiling is certainly not prohibited. In fact, all efforts are made to cheer up the grieving family members. People behave normally. They try to recount their happy experiences about the departed person.

Histrionics are looked down upon, not encouraged. The idea is to move on as quickly as possible.

IdeaQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

ya always coollllll😊 ðŸ˜‰

Dr told me that dont mingle with sweet peoples cos muje diabatics hojayegaa.....😛

Death and the way the people react to is really amazing and I don't think its funny 😊!!

Crazy ji and beleive ji

If you people are soo curious about the chant mentioned refer to the following

http://www.spaceandmotion.com/buddhism-hinduism-taoism-confu cianism.htm

Sowmyaa Di ! Will feel bad if we spamm in this wonderful post where people are putting their views seriously.😊

Cheers,

Mythili

-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Thank you mythali ji........😊

Actuly Spamm means always serious talk??? 😳

Edited by Believe - 17 years ago
sowmyaa thumbnail

Thank you mythali ji........😊

Actuly Spamm means always serious talk??? 😳

Moderator's Note:
Believe, and other members-

I have seen that there is too much spamming going on this section lately. I would like to request all members to stop chatting in a thread and use PM service instead. I would like to treat you as adult so just want to request you, otherwise I will have to start deleting all the spammed posts.

If it is done once in a while it is ok and we all can enjoy, but doing it repetatively leaves bad taste and it's not something all members enjoy.

Thank you!
Edited by sowmyaa - 17 years ago
drymaple thumbnail
DEath is a very close topic to my heart. 😉 two yrs ago i lost three of my family members in a yr. the first death blew my beliefs away. The person was my grandfather...his death affected me so much that i went into a nervous breakdown...my mom was the one who told me to keep patience and wait for the better...she didn't even shed a tear..because she knew he was a good person and died peacefully...then two of my family members died...my aunt and then my cousin,one after the other. today i am a better person..because i think death is just a part of life...and not the end of everything...
it took me three deaths to understand this...and ppl in america etc etc..understand this from before. Just because they are practical ppl.😊. they are very bound to the materialistic world ...and we r bound to everything else. 😛 ...that is why it is easier for them to take death easily...because they always know there is always another fresh morning to face...and we r terribly close knit families..and once a person who is closest to us is gone..then life is hell.
we are extremes of diff types of mentality. 😆 and few ppl follow the middle path. 😊

lamba ho gaya 😊
Edited by drymaple - 17 years ago