Choti Sardarni

What kind of a father does a child needs?

__VIHU thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 years ago

So what kind of a father does a child needs?

Stable one? Rich? A man who is legally married to the mother? Who has a Adhaar card with his real name stamped on it? Well respected in society?

A child, no doubt, deserves a father with all above mentioned qualities and much more but... what a child needs and wants ( in case he is mature enough to)is  his own father. 

And in order to have your very own kid ,who is a part of you, a dad doesn’t need to be FLAWLESS. He just need to be willing to take responsibilities of his child. 

Dad is not a job that needs a previous 5 year experience on your resume. Every dad in this world learns about fatherhood gradually. He might not be perfect but if he’s the child’s father, he deserve the chance to built a life for his young one is accordance with his better judgments.

Sarab is a great man. Probably, the best father out there. BUT, what Karan needs is not the best father, not even a better one, but his own father ( who clearly needs him equally). 

It’s unfortunate enough that his very life was ripped apart by people who he supposed would be his family one day, the last things Manav deserves right now is to prove that he is worthy of being a father to his own child.

Manav might not be a perfect father like Sarab( who is goals in everything he does, not a single doubt there) but he’s Karan’s father nonetheless. 

I haven’t watched the show thoroughly, So of course my views can seem childish provided I’ve missed something irrevocably bad done by Manav.  Sarab no doubt is majestic but my disappointment in Meher remains intact.

I needed to take this out, no offence. But everytime I hear unstable and not worthy father in same sentence for Manav verbal diarrhoea hits me hard and when my family gave me the scorching glares reserved for A grade lunatics, I had to come here.

Edited by __VIHU - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

gibige thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

@__VIHU, Agree with most of the things you have said, but I don't think Sarab is the best father or he is perfect. If he was so, he would not have needed a 'Meher' to take care of his own child and wouldn't have taken the decision to walk out with two young children without a penny in hand. This is a serial, therefore, it is far from reality. 

Coming to Karan, I do understand Sarab has done a nobal deed by saving the child's life and looking after him. He is praised because he is an outsider to the child. If the same was done by Karan's own father no one would really talk about it. As they are very natural things done by parents for their kids. Therefore,  no matter what Sarab does for  Karan he will always remain as an outsider. Manav doesn't need to prove anyone that he deserves to be Karan's dad. It is some people's idea that they feel Manav doesn't deserve Karan. But in real no one  would give their own child to someone else. Parenting is a journey and parents are human too, they make mistakes and learn from them but that is no reason to deny them from their kid's love. 

__VIHU thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: gibige

@__VIHU, Agree with most of the things you have said, but I don't think Sarab is the best father or he is perfect. If he was so, he would not have needed a 'Meher' to take care of his own child and wouldn't have taken the decision to walk out with two young children without a penny in hand. This is a serial, therefore, it is far from reality. 

Coming to Karan, I do understand Sarab has done a nobal deed by saving the child's life and looking after him. He is praised because he is an outsider to the child. If the same was done by Karan's own father no one would really talk about it. As they are very natural things done by parents for their kids. Therefore,  no matter what Sarab does for  Karan he will always remain as an outsider. Manav doesn't need to prove anyone that he deserves to be Karan's dad. It is some people's idea that they feel Manav doesn't deserve Karan. But in real no one  would give their own child to someone else. Parenting is a journey and parents are human too, they make mistakes and learn from them but that is no reason to deny them from their kid's love. 

To be honest, It is irrelevant what kind of father Sarab is while we are discussing  Karan and Manav. I have seen the trends in this forum and didn’t wanted this post to deviate from the concerned issue and turn into another Manav Vs Sarab. So I....

I really appreciate you voicing your views.

shiiny thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

I completely agree with whatever you said and that's exactly, what I feel. I feel sad cz in the end Manav will be deprived of his rights and may be his character would be butchered more to glorify others. 

ninag thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

All comments perfectly put. The behaviour of Saint Sarab and Selfish Meher is disgusting. The cvs are still trying to portray them as flawless. They make me feel sick to my stomach. They will win in the end of course.

Campfire thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Maybe it is cultural differences but I don't agree that the best father for a child is their biological father. Some people are just not capable or suitable for fatherhood and the child is better off with a stepfather or in a single parent home. And it's not neccesarily the case that a child will always want to be with their biological father either.

My moms boyfriend/stepfather has done more for my sister and I than our biological father and our relationship is much healthier and happier because he is a stable and responsible individual.

Personally I think that Sarabjeet embodies these traits. Manav still comes across as very immature and we can all envision the hell Aditi will raise upon that child the minute he does something that she doesn't like or if/when they have another child. Let's not forget her behaviour at the beginning of her storyline, and that was towards a child who was biologically related to her.

The only way Manav can avoid this is he divorces Aditi and she'll try and kill herself or someone else unless he gets rid of the baby and back to square 1 we go. Even now all this that shes doing is out of spite and not because she cares about the baby. She knew this information before and kept quiet until she could use it to manipulate them.

S_ami thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Campfire

Maybe it is cultural differences but I don't agree that the best father for a child is their biological father. Some people are just not capable or suitable for fatherhood and the child is better off with a stepfather or in a single parent home. And it's not neccesarily the case that a child will always want to be with their biological father either.

My moms boyfriend/stepfather has done more for my sister and I than our biological father and our relationship is much healthier and happier because he is a stable and responsible individual.

Personally I think that Sarabjeet embodies these traits. Manav still comes across as very immature and we can all envision the hell Aditi will raise upon that child the minute he does something that she doesn't like or if/when they have another child. Let's not forget her behaviour at the beginning of her storyline, and that was towards a child who was biologically related to her.

The only way Manav can avoid this is he divorces Aditi and she'll try and kill herself or someone else unless he gets rid of the baby and back to square 1 we go. Even now all this that shes doing is out of spite and not because she cares about the baby. She knew this information before and kept quiet until she could use it to manipulate them.

According to this view if all men and  women first have to decide or let others to decide whether they are capable to become parents or not ,then sure our India's population will be in controlled. If all starts thinking like this and avoid becoming parents then this would be a type of serving nation. What an idea? 👏

Those who are capable they only have to be parents. Others? 

Campfire thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: S_ami

According to this view if all men and  women first have to decide or let others to decide whether they are capable to become parents or not ,then sure our India's population will be in controlled. If all starts thinking like this and avoid becoming parents then this would be a type of serving nation. What an idea? 👏

Those who are capable they only have to be parents. Others? 

First of all I'm not Indian so what would happen isnt really my business. I'm not 100% sure of what you're trying to say but yes only people who are capable should become parents. 

Tvfanatic85 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: __VIHU

So what kind of a father does a child needs?

Stable one? Rich? A man who is legally married to the mother? Who has a Adhaar card with his real name stamped on it? Well respected in society?

A child, no doubt, deserves a father with all above mentioned qualities and much more but... what a child needs and wants ( in case he is mature enough to)is  his own father. 

And in order to have your very own kid ,who is a part of you, a dad doesn’t need to be FLAWLESS. He just need to be willing to take responsibilities of his child. 

Dad is not a job that needs a previous 5 year experience on your resume. Every dad in this world learns about fatherhood gradually. He might not be perfect but if he’s the child’s father, he deserve the chance to built a life for his young one is accordance with his better judgments.

Sarab is a great man. Probably, the best father out there. BUT, what Karan needs is not the best father, not even a better one, but his own father ( who clearly needs him equally). 

It’s unfortunate enough that his very life was ripped apart by people who he supposed would be his family one day, the last things Manav deserves right now is to prove that he is worthy of being a father to his own child.

Manav might not be a perfect father like Sarab( who is goals in everything he does, not a single doubt there) but he’s Karan’s father nonetheless. 

I haven’t watched the show thoroughly, So of course my views can seem childish provided I’ve missed something irrevocably bad done by Manav.  Sarab no doubt is majestic but my disappointment in Meher remains intact.

I needed to take this out, no offence. But everytime I hear unstable and not worthy father in same sentence for Manav verbal diarrhoea hits me hard and when my family gave me the scorching glares reserved for A grade lunatics, I had to come here.

I agree with the point that Sarab and meher shouldn't straight away make manav a bad father. Once he spends some time with karan and learns things he can also very well take care of him. He loves karan more than anything.

But I cannot accept the fact that karan needs his biological father. In that case Meher is not the real mother of Param and she should not be what Param needs. Biology matters but more than love and care. That matters more than anything. To think that karan needs his biological father demeans every person who has adopted or accepted someone's else child as his own.

If we are saying that about Karan then why is Manav so concerned about Vikram Dewan's mother and trying to take care of her. Are they related by blood?? No.

I agree with the same thing as many others said that the makers could have very well tried to show Joint custody where Karan gets two set of parents. But the makers want drama and numbers so they are using such tracks nothing more.

ninag thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Tvfanatic85

I agree with the point that Sarab and meher shouldn't straight away make manav a bad father. Once he spends some time with karan and learns things he can also very well take care of him. He loves karan more than anything.

But I cannot accept the fact that karan needs his biological father. In that case Meher is not the real mother of Param and she should not be what Param needs. Biology matters but more than love and care. That matters more than anything. To think that karan needs his biological father demeans every person who has adopted or accepted someone's else child as his own.

If we are saying that about Karan then why is Manav so concerned about Vikram Dewan's mother and trying to take care of her. Are they related by blood?? No.

I agree with the same thing as many others said that the makers could have very well tried to show Joint custody where Karan gets two set of parents. But the makers want drama and numbers so they are using such tracks nothing more.

children that are adopted are done so because either their real parents have badly treated them or because the biological parent couldn’t look after the child for certain reasons. That isn’t the case here. Karan as a bio father who loves him and wants to take care of him. As for Vikrams fake mother - why should he risk her life by revealing his truth. Is he that callous? I don’t think so.