SaraLia are literally magical

Posted: 3 years ago

I have so much to say!!!! The scenes between them are so full of symbolism I feel like each deserves a separate topic and yesterday my heart broke for them ❤️also their BG songs/music are so appealing. Copy pasting what I wrote on Twitter :

So as someone who's followed Sukirti's work since Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani, although I've loved her performances always, but show wise I felt like Dilli Wali Thakur Gurls was a really good show too.

but I have to say that show is nothing compared to the sheer masterpiece of Story 9 Months Ki.

Every frame every character is done so beautifully I guess the team took full advantage of the delay in the launch to make it really great.

Alia Shroff :  I am blown away. I could tell from day 1 she is a damn strong and well written character (such a rarity for a female lead to be this sorted on Indian TV!) There's something so soft in the way she does things for her maid without expecting rewards!

Sarangdhar Pandey : What a patakha this guy is.Also one of the best ML I have ever seen on an Indian TV show. strong, he has a sense of humour, he's a feminist, and he's overall SO POSITIVE. as someone who writes, I ❤️ him. A protagonist on an Indian TV show who is not only NOT an Asshole but is ACTUALLY a nice guy. Never would've thought also the small town guy is way more broad-minded than the so called "bade sheher waale" folks!

SaraLia scenes : my favourite is the one where Alia falls and Sarang catches her (hey it's filmy but it was shot mostly from Sarang's POV so for me it was really really sweet) ALSO SHE SHOWS HER VULNERABILITY! HE WIPES HER TEARS! (My poor heart.) He's going to be there to catch her when she falls, ya'all.

I love how Sukirti & Aashay's characters are yet to have an "official" meeting and yet their lives are so different yet connected. Storytelling shines here .

I LOVE the office scenes. Sukirti Kandpal plays the "khadoos perfectionist boss" to the HILT and also man I am sUCH an Alia 😒
This show is relatable AF.

The relationships I love : Alia & Rabia's friendship (also, Rabia is me, I am Rabia!), Sarangdhar and his mom, Alia & Sunita, Sarangdhar and the taxi driver (Ramesh?)

Also - ahem - I love how Scarlet & Rahul stood up for Alia. They know her better than the others and it shows.

In conclusion - this show is probably Sukirti's best comeback ever (although she's done some great work post PKYEK) but we don't have any "youth based shows" these days. It's all hate marriages, paid marriages, class divide marriages. And honestly I am sick and tired of watching the girl come off as "lesser" than the guy in the umpteen shows I watched.

Edited by bookworm-ALS-- - 3 years ago

You've put everything in words so beautifully. And omg! What am I going to say about this show. Everything about this show is so spectacular. First of all, kudos to the team behind the scenes of Story 9  Months Ki. The direction, storytelling and background score are commendable. The characters so far has impressed me a lot. There is a diversity among the characters. Also, as you've pointed out the beautiful individual journey of the FL and the ML, it's something very rare on ITV.

True.... love the story 9 months ki... each characters decribe very nicely & accurate like alia & rabia, sarang & his mom, alia & made sunita, sarang & rameshbhau and that veer & his gf too😆🤣....

Sukirti comeback on Itv is bang on 👍🏼🤗

[QUOTE=bookworm-ALS--]

I have so much to say!!!! The scenes between them are so full of symbolism I feel like each deserves a separate topic and yesterday my heart broke for them ❤️also their BG songs/music are so appealing. Copy pasting what I wrote on Twitter :

So as someone who's followed Sukirti's work since Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani, although I've loved her performances always, but show wise I felt like Dilli Wali Thakur Gurls was a really good show too.

but I have to say that show is nothing compared to the sheer masterpiece of Story 9 Months Ki.

Every frame every character is done so beautifully I guess the team took full advantage of the delay in the launch to make it really great.

Alia Shroff :  I am blown away. I could tell from day 1 she is a damn strong and well written character (such a rarity for a female lead to be this sorted on Indian TV!) There's something so soft in the way she does things for her maid without expecting rewards!

Sarangdhar Pandey : What a patakha this guy is.Also one of the best ML I have ever seen on an Indian TV show. strong, he has a sense of humour, he's a feminist, and he's overall SO POSITIVE. as someone who writes, I ❤️ him. A protagonist on an Indian TV show who is not only NOT an Asshole but is ACTUALLY a nice guy. Never would've thought also the small town guy is way more broad-minded than the so called "bade sheher waale" folks!

SaraLia scenes : my favourite is the one where Alia falls and Sarang catches her (hey it's filmy but it was shot mostly from Sarang's POV so for me it was really really sweet) ALSO SHE SHOWS HER VULNERABILITY! HE WIPES HER TEARS! (My poor heart.) He's going to be there to catch her when she falls, ya'all.

I love how Sukirti & Aashay's characters are yet to have an "official" meeting and yet their lives are so different yet connected. Storytelling shines here .

I LOVE the office scenes. Sukirti Kandpal plays the "khadoos perfectionist boss" to the HILT and also man I am sUCH an Alia 😒
This show is relatable AF.

The relationships I love : Alia & Rabia's friendship (also, Rabia is me, I am Rabia!), Sarangdhar and his mom, Alia & Sunita, Sarangdhar and the taxi driver (Ramesh?)

Also - ahem - I love how Scarlet & Rahul stood up for Alia. They know her better than the others and it shows.

In conclusion - this show is probably Sukirti's best comeback ever (although she's done some great work post PKYEK) but we don't have any "youth based shows" these days. It's all hate marriages, paid marriages, class divide marriages. And honestly I am sick and tired of watching the girl come off as "lesser" than the guy in the umpteen shows I watched.

[Bang on .   It's written beautifully.   ]

Originally posted by bookworm-ALS--

Alia Shroff :  I am blown away. I could tell from day 1 she is a damn strong and well written character (such a rarity for a female lead to be this sorted on Indian TV!) There's something so soft in the way she does things for her maid without expecting rewards! I like especially in her vulnerable stages, giving a more in depth introspection as to why she is the way she is. 

Sarangdhar Pandey : What a patakha this guy is.Also one of the best ML I have ever seen on an Indian TV show. strong, he has a sense of humour, he's a feminist, and he's overall SO POSITIVE. as someone who writes, I ❤️ him. A protagonist on an Indian TV show who is not only NOT an Asshole but is ACTUALLY a nice guy. Never would've thought also the small town guy is way more broad-minded than the so called "bade sheher waale" folks! I like his poetry & how he manages to find positivity in even the smallest things. As of now, he is acting a bit typical of someone who is excited for his new city life only to face certain hurdles in the way between him & his dreams. 

This show is relatable AF. She's not really khadoos. She tries to hide her vulnerability  & people generalize it to be khadoos. As a working person, she is acting the way a CEO would have to act in order to ensure the company functions well on a professional front. Maybe she’s blunt on your face but she tries to invest her energy in professional life as she feels she could be distracted from the personal problems.

The relationships I love : Alia & Rabia's friendship (also, Rabia is me, I am Rabia!), Sarangdhar and his mom, Alia & Sunita, Sarangdhar and the taxi driver (Ramesh?) I like the friendships too. Yeah, his name is Ramesh.

Also - ahem - I love how Scarlet & Rahul stood up for Alia. They know her better than the others and it shows. LOL, yes. I understand why Alia told Rahul to never reveal about her courteousness to Rahul & HR param.

In conclusion - this show is probably Sukirti's best comeback ever (although she's done some great work post PKYEK) but we don't have any "youth based shows" these days. It's all hate marriages, paid marriages, class divide marriages. And honestly I am sick and tired of watching the girl come off as "lesser" than the guy in the umpteen shows I watched. I think it is potential concept-based show but I'm not really sure if this is a youth-based show?😆It's more on those who are in the age where they are young & settling in the careers --so more of medical side/corporate-based drama.

Edited by Meena_J - 3 years ago

Good to have you here Shreya. This show is fresh with a new concept. After PYKEK, I watched Sukirti in Kaisa yeh ishq hai...a haryanvi show( for sometime until it got very boring(.   I didnt have the channel to watch her other show.

Suks rock as Alia shroff , haven't seen Aashey before. As Saranghdar, he is sweet sincere with the innocence of a smalltown man yet a patakha . You described both the characters well infact sarangdhar is growing on my mind. 

The whole team of the show is great .

loving Rabia the most , sarang' s mom is cute..her lines are funny. Ramesh as a supportive driver. Gautam Shroff , Veer nitya are perfect pick. 

Its going to be interesting this week. .hope the precap scenes arent delayed till midweek as the show needs to stay in the race. 

The scene of  drunk Alia falling into Sarang 's arms was well done . Even the shop scene was good where S got Rs 500  and poor guy didnt realise he got paid for offering help.

Originally posted by -sakshi-

loving Rabia the most , sarang' s mom is cute..her lines are funny. Ramesh as a supportive driver. Gautam Shroff , Veer nitya are perfect pick. 

Its going to be interesting this week. .hope the precap scenes arent delayed till midweek as the show needs to stay in the race. 

Sakshi, Alia-Rabia remind me are great friends indeed. Even Rabia's husband told Rabia to take care of Alia in one of her most sensitive phases as the wound is fresh while he takes care of their children --- balance in relationship as opposed to what mess Veer put Alia into. 

Sarang's mother is definitely interesting. LOL, if she was in Mumbai, she would definitely secure a role in movies or TV shows, doing dramatic scenes that are repeated on ITV & the TRPs would skyrocket. 🤣The way she camouflages her behavior in front of her husband is so hilarious to observe. Casting directors should take a gander at her acting skills. 

Ramesh is quite honest & experienced after as Mumbaikar so he knows the ins and outs of the Mumbai-based people. I like his advice to SD. 

Edited by Meena_J - 3 years ago

Originally posted by Meena_J

Sakshi, Alia-Rabia remind me are great friends indeed. Even Rabia's husband told Rabia to take care of Alia in one of her most sensitive phases as the wound is fresh while he takes care of their children --- balance in relationship as opposed to what mess Veer put Alia into. 

Sarang's mother is definitely interesting. LOL, if she was in Mumbai, she would definitely secure a role in movies or TV shows, doing dramatic scenes that are repeated on ITV & the TRPs would skyrocket. 🤣The way she camouflages her behavior in front of her husband is so hilarious to observe. Casting directors should take a gander at her acting skills. 

Ramesh is quite honest & experienced after as Mumbaikar so he knows the ins and outs of the Mumbai-based people. I like his advice to SD. 

For Rabia , Alia comes above all and she has her husband 's support. Sarang' s mom filmy lines are funny. .agree what you have written about her. Ramesh is such a kind soul and how did I forget Sunita.

Thanks meena for your reply ..missing your updates but good that you are getting time for yourself .

finally something to watch in ITV at last👍🏼. after all the saas bahu dramas being dished out in the past few months  

saw one episode on tv in between & went and binge watched all previous episodes

love this show. each scene is worth watching

Who is the ML? new guy kya?

Hiya 

Yes he’s a new guy. i’m not very up on the who’s who aspect, but am loving the show though pace has been a bit uneven in the recent episodes.

But yesterday’s episode with the Poonawala’s was just amazing