Winners of Debating Championship V - Page 3

Posted: 17 years ago
The day was wrong to 😭
I had no idea it was gonna be on those days, until Sania PMed me...

SHouldn't the Contestants be given a notice or anything on which day it would be on??

Originally posted by SmarterDesiKid

The day was wrong to 😭

SHouldn't the Contestants be given a notice or anything on which day it would be on??

Dont wrry Kiddoo.............!U should b proud of yur team..k aftr all dere' sum winner frm it.......!!!😆😉

Originally posted by SmarterDesiKid

The day was wrong to 😭

All of the contestants were PMed by me which included the thread of the debate... and that was 3 DAYS BEFORE THE DC! 😳

In the DC V announcement thread [mid December], Mythili and I were contantly telling you that it will take place in 2nd week of January! Refer the thread please

HOW ELSE organizers notify the participants? 😳 Is there any other means left, Please educate me!

Originally posted by MNMS

All of the contestants were PMed by me which included the thread of the debate... and that was 3 DAYS BEFORE THE DC! 😳

In the DC V announcement thread [mid December], Mythili and I were contantly telling you that it will take place in 2nd week of January! Refer the thread please

HOW ELSE organizers notify the participants? 😳 Is there any other means left, Please educate me!

That i accept!!!! U DM organizer guys were really very helpful...!! and..........you people really informed us.abt that day/time..!! Its only our negigence .that we didn''t get to the that thread on time.....because if it'd beeen organizer's fault or whatever..then i think none's  participation wud have taken place.............so i think we'r at fault.............😳

Kidddo,,,.......got that ?...............maybe u were 2 buzy 2 keep track..........dnt repent..its ok now😳 Atleast u participated..and said wahtver u could at that time...thats da spirit.....!!

Spirit of the game is not to win..just............Its about Participation!👏

Originally posted by kabhi_21

Ok I am giving my views on the debate......

I feel to start with Against team had a natural intial advantage in the topic as a general acceptance. However as the debate progressed they made it easier for the for team to win.......

Through out the debate the discussion was only on morality or immorality of means and its justification with morality or immorality of end to be achieved..... However all the debaters missed a big point...... it was good that for team missed it....... but against team left the biggest and strongest point in their debate i.e.

The side effects of using the wrong means eventhough u achieve the end.

By using the wrong means, you may achieve your moral end but in the meanwhile you forget that how many people or nature or something has been really and adversely affected due to those means, which you had never expected to happen.........
one of the debaters used the example of a boy stealing the bread for a sister who is seriously ill..... if the boy steals and is caught his sister is surely gonna die..... whereas if he works and can feed her half stomach everyday, still she will be able to live for longer time....... it was a simple contention of the side effects, which could make the against team win.......

For team: For team came in with very good points and with participation of all...... however there were lots of problems. The debaters in the team were contradicting their partner's points. While one person gave iraq's example in favour of their team as they achieved the end of executing the evil and means were justified.... the other member said that end was immoral and hence the means were not justified......

While someone gave the example of grand parties u enjoy and dont care how the person achieved the money..... the other person said that gaining money is not justified end...... hence wrong means for this can not be justified.....

Also for team said that wrong means are justified for the best of the masses...... However the only examples they could provide for this were mythological..... rest were all the examples only for individual benefits......

I think the for team used the correct examples but stressed on the morality or immorality of means and ends rather than specifying the other worst effects of those means...... thats where they lacked.......

ex: In the Indo-pak ex, The means to get independence used by Gandhi and Jinah was the partition.....

here partition was bad means
Independence was good end
but we recd the after effects in the form of some enmity in the two countries and no peace......
so the means were not justified in this case even to achieve a better end like independence 😃

Thanks
Abhi 😃

Good Analysis Abhi ji!

Looking forward for your much muc more active participation in Debate Mansion.We really learn somany things from your posts.

Coming back to DC.All of the participants have done good job.

Cheers,

Mythili

Congrats to all the participants. 😊
Congrats to my evil genius Sania and everybody else.... 👏

Originally posted by qwertyesque

Congrats to my evil genius Sania and everybody else.... 👏

Thanku thankU!!! Bus tumhari he kumi thi.............!!!😉 have u read the debate thread???.........................i hope ..........u did!😉