who was the bigger star at their peak, Dharmendra or Sunny Deol? - Page 2

Posted: 3 years ago

i cannot say who was more bigger super star 

But i can say sunny deol is better actor be it crying scene or showing anger and angst he is much better than dharmendra 

dharmendra is not that good an actor he cannot show emotions that well 

but dharmendra is better at comedy than sunny deol 

in 90s there were two good actors who were super stars one was sunny deol second was govinda both acted well

SRK was a good actor but hams a lot and goes OTT in many scenes and his movie story are utter boring and predictable love triangles 

But both sunny and govinda were better at acting 

than there was anil kapoor who was good at acting too 

Edited by myviewprem - 3 years ago

Originally posted by myviewprem

i cannot say who was more bigger super star 

But i can say sunny deol is better actor be it crying scene or showing anger and angst he is much better than dharmendra 

dharmendra is not that good an actor he cannot show emotions that well 

but dharmendra is better at comedy than sunny deol 

in 90s there were two good actors who were super stars one was sunny deol second was govinda both acted well

SRK was a good actor but hams a lot and goes OTT in many scenes and his movie story are utter boring and predictable love triangles 

But both sunny and govinda were better at acting 

than there was anil kapoor who was good at acting too 

Dharmendra was very good in emotional scenes in apne 2007

You're asking a question which requires knowledge of the 1960s-1980s??

Just yesterday people were saying delusional things about Madhuri Dixit's reign in the 90s. I don't think there are many adults from that era that are posting on here these days. It's a lot of guess work and wild theories.

My answer: Dharmendra. Although I disagree he was at his peak until 1983. And Sunny Deol - I'm not sure he had anything worthy of note between 1997's Ziddi and 2001's Gaddar - so I wouldn't extend his peak period to cover those years. 

Dharmendra⭐️. The man has so many hits+ superhits+ blockbusters from 1960's till Apne 2007 that Sunny doesn't stand a chance in front of him. Also Dharmendra has done more variety of roles than Sunny.

Dharmendra.He was easily the bigger star sp.becoz of his looks and personality.

Sunny I feel is far better actor though.

Originally posted by Rekha_ji

You're asking a question which requires knowledge of the 1960s-1980s??

Just yesterday people were saying delusional things about Madhuri Dixit's reign in the 90s. I don't think there are many adults from that era that are posting on here these days. It's a lot of guess work and wild theories.

My answer: Dharmendra. Although I disagree he was at his peak until 1983. And Sunny Deol - I'm not sure he had anything worthy of note between 1997's Ziddi and 2001's Gaddar - so I wouldn't extend his peak period to cover those years. 

He had few big hits up until 1983, Ghazab (1982) and Naukar Biwi ka (1983), Razia Sultan (1983) also became a hit movie after. In fact both father and son were in top ten heros of year 1983, Sunny also had a huge hit with Betaab (1983)

Dharmendra also scored a huge surprise hit as a action hero in Hukumat (1987), though that movie was really B grade and massy, critics hated it. 

Also his role in Ghulami (1985) was also great, along side Naseeruddin Shah, I dont know if this movie was a hit though, he showed his great acting skills here

Edited by jeetuji - 3 years ago

Honestly I don't know how most people answer these questions. Dharmendra star phase was way before my birth and I assume it's the same for everyone else here. Heck I was really young for Sunny's filmography too. I can only take other people's words for it. 

I think Sunny 

I think Sunny was a no.1 at one point. Don’t think Dharamji was 

Bigger star depends on who is competition? 

Who is competition of dharmendra? - Jeetendra, rajendra kumar, raj kumar, amitabh bachchan, vinod khanna

also rajkapoor, dilip kumar, devannad although they are seniors

who is competion of sunny deol - sanjay dutt, amir khan, srk, salman, akshay, ajay, anil kapoor, jackie shroff, govinda 

By all means dharmendra had tough competitors their caliber is incomparable to competitors of sunny deol