Who are some actresses who look BAD in sarees? - Page 3

Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by VaniSpeaks

Then this is about body shaming. Not about who cannot carry off a sari. Because people without curves can perfectly rock a sari too.

Maybe others can; but not Deepika. Also, Deepika does have a curvy butt, but still she looks bad in sarees.

Who said every woman looks good in a saree?

Every Indian woman looks good in saree, well, most of theM...

Current BW actresses wear thousands of dollars worth designer western wear and still don’t look good, but most of them stun in a simple saree...

Everybody looks better in their ethnic wear

I think all women can look good in sarees. But there are a few things that need to fall in place before you can pull it off. 

You need the right kind of saree - color, design, style that accentuates your body type and features. 

You need to know how to drape the saree or have someone who knows how to drape a saree. The neatness and position of the pleats, how low or high on the waist it gets tucked it, the way you drape and wear the pallu, how much midriff you reveal/cover - all factors influence how a person looks in the saree. 

You need to know how to walk/carry yourself in a saree. 

If a woman does not look good in a saree - she either hasn't chosen the right saree, not draped it correctly, or is awkward moving in a saree. 

I'm totally a tomboy with short hair who often walks like a dude and was convinced I would look idiotic in a saree. I'd rather suit up. But when I do have to wear one on special occasions - I take my mom's and/or sister's help to pick one out, get the help of others wearing it, and practice a lot moving about in it before going out and all my relatives think I look good in a saree. 

Deepika looks amazing in saree.  She is one of the actress who aces saree looks.

I feel katrina and alia dont look that great. They often look out of place.