Who are some actresses who look BAD in sarees?

Posted: 3 years ago

The 'every woman looks good in sarees' is a long-peddled myth. Most Western women and many Indian women look old or weird in sarees. 

Alia Bhatt, for one, does not look good in sarees. Another one that comes to mind is Kalki Koechlin. Who are the rest? Type away!

So-dumb Kapoor in that one recycled curtain she once wore.

Deepika, kareena. They look like poles in saree. No curves at all.

Bipasha and Vaani. 

Also Deepika most of the times. 

Only time  she looked good in a saree  was the wedding saree look in CE

Edited by joycee19 - 3 years ago

No offence but Alia and Kalki don't look particularly good in anything ðŸ˜†

I actually do believe that all women look better in desi wear than western, though many women who look good in desi wear look odd in western wear

Originally posted by Anjalika01

No offence but Alia and Kalki don't look particularly good in anything ðŸ˜†

I actually do believe that all women look better in desi wear than western, though many women who look good in desi wear look odd in western wear

Most Western women, especially blonde, look weird and out-of-place in Indian wear. Many Indian women who lack curves look horrible in sarees as well. 

Kareena, Preity, PC (When she's not wearing her shexy shexy shaaree), Kiara, Saru Dada, Raveena, Twinkle, Pari

What???? Everyone looks good in a sari. Yes, sometimes it doesn't look good when it isn't draped properly. But everyone looks good in a saree if draped well.

Originally posted by Mahisa22

Most Western women, especially blonde, look weird and out-of-place in Indian wear. Many Indian women who lack curves look horrible in sarees as well. 

Really? I've always thought women of all ethnicities look good in sarees/lehengas/salwar-kameez... and it's true some styles don't flatter straight up and down types but then some others do, so i wouldn't say they always look bad in desi wear

Edited by Anjalika01 - 3 years ago

I don't think the actresses necessarily look bad but the sari ends up wearing them vs then wearing the sari.  Rani is an expert at carrying a sari flawlessly, she treats it like no biggie, vs someone who's tall and we'll built like Sonam looks like she's covered in a chaddar