Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

Anyway whatever the case, it's a CRYING SHAME that at the peak of her career she's done 2 films in the last 5 years. 

Things have definitely improved for "married actresses over age 31" but we (Bollywood) have a long way to go. 

Where are the roles for this beautiful talented being??? She's only 34. I hope we don't have to wait for her to be 40+ to have some good roles like an English Vinglish or Mardaani 2 :(

Originally posted by: Rekha_ji

Anyway whatever the case, it's a CRYING SHAME that at the peak of her career she's done 2 films in the last 5 years. 

Blame it on her disease called FOMO? I mean she obviously got jealous of PC getting all the attention from the West via Quantico back then, so DP being the overachiever...she decided to follow PC all the way to Hollywood at the peak of her career and ended up signing a C-grade action flick like XXX....I mean who the heck does that? 🤣

columbia thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Koviljika34

Blame it on her disease called FOMO? I mean she obviously got jealous of PC getting all the attention from the West via Quantico back then, so DP being the overachiever...she decided to follow PC all the way to Hollywood at the peak of her career and ended up signing a C-grade action flick like XXX....I mean who the heck does that? 🤣

Actually you bring up a good point, why do we think she is overrated, other than the fact that she is, she isn’t all that, because she is just another version of all the Bollywood girls - just been here earlier and married to a cartoon. Yes, she talks about mental health and from time to time stands up for things, but what does one make of her? and can she do anything about it?

It was terribly embarrassing to watch DP do the American talk shows. PC is way ahead at that, she has understood the American psyche like no bollywood actor has or ever can. 

DP’s offf screen appearances scream contrived, PC’s scream cultivated. There is a difference. The biggest issue - DP married too early, had she waited, developed her shtick, she could have become a powerhouse. 

Originally posted by: columbia

Actually you bring up a good point, why do we think she is overrated, other than the fact that she is, she isn’t all that, because she is just another version of all the Bollywood girls - just been here earlier and married to a cartoon. Yes, she talks about mental health and from time to time stands up for things, but what does one make of her? and can she do anything about it?

It was terribly embarrassing to watch DP do the American talk shows. PC is way ahead at that, she has understood the American psyche like no bollywood actor has or ever can. 

DP’s offf screen appearances scream contrived, PC’s scream cultivated. There is a difference. The biggest issue - DP married too early, had she waited, developed her shtick, she could have become a powerhouse. 

I mean....who can forget this gem? 🤡

https://www.deccanchronicle.com/entertainment/bollywood/180117/in-my-head-vin-diesel-and-i-live-together-and-have-babies-deepika-padukone.html

Edited by Koviljika34 - 3 years ago
Haegeum thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 4

Because of fans like you ðŸ¤”. 

Because Deepika lacks charisma offscreen, I find her unlikeable and can't connect with her most of the time.

Sure she is pretty, has a great body and a smashing screen presence, but if you're not an all-rounder and can't connect with people as a person in this day and age, you fail to sell yourself as "brilliant" and rightly so.... no matter how many people sing your praises around you. 

That applies more so if your work probably isn't that brilliant to start with. Very few artists are so dazzling and brimming with talent that it surpasses everything and disarms even their naysayers but I'm sorry to say, Deepika isn't one of them. Subjectivity applies to her and even I find her overrated most of the time despite liking her in a good number of movies.

Most of the actors are hailed as God's gift to mankind after they manage to give out a string of blockbusters back to back ... or even one. That speaks to their marketability and the amount of revenue their movies are able to generate but it doesn't say much about their talent and brilliance. The two are not related. One comes with hard facts and numbers while the other comes with personal biases and opinions.

Also, you're not working only when you're performing in front of the camera, you're also working when you're doing interviews and making appearances in public events. She's got the first half down (with her limited capabilities) but I have NEVER been able to connect with her beyond that. The facade is too contrived for my liking and she still manages to make a fool of herself every now and then.

Having said that, I do like watching her in movies like YJHD, Cocktail, etc. and I hope she does more of those in future instead of trying to be something she's not. Enough with SLB movies too ... she already has three of them and I think it's time she broke out of that mode. 

Ah.. okay, I think I've covered most of what I think of her, but if I missed anything, feel free to give me a call. ;)

Maroonporsche thumbnail

She is on her way down

Bunny Boiler level ðŸ˜†

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

She is on her way down

Bunny Boiler level ðŸ˜†

Did you mistake this for a Kangana thread by any chance? Just asking ;)

JayaBachan thumbnail

Deepika is a very pretty girl and far more attractive than majority of the current actresses. However she is definitely overrated. The only movie where I actually enjoyed her acting was in Chennai Express. Otherwise, she always comes across as stiff and pretty much meh. She isn’t much of a great dancer and lacks grace. The most graceful I had seen her dance was in Dewaani Mastani - which says a lot seeing that there wasn’t much dancing to begin with. 

Her role in period movies are the worst. I know SLB loves his teary heroines but Deepika’s portrayal of them has been the most annoying to watch. If I saw her tear-filled eyes and quivering lips one more time, I was going to rip my eyes out.

Originally posted by: FingerFetish

Her role in period movies are the worst. I know SLB loves his teary heroines but Deepika’s portrayal of them has been the most annoying to watch. If I saw her tear-filled eyes and quivering lips one more time, I was going to rip my eyes out.

Padmavati comes to mind ... 😆 she was very underwhelming there with stupefied expressions. She was much more alive in Ram Leela and Bajirao ... she's done other movies too but nowadays, you almost can't help but wonder if she needs Ranveer around her to bring that beast out.