Why is Deepika considered overrated by some?

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

DP is the most non-overrated actress of all time, acc. to me. The combination of beauty, screen presence, and talent she brings to the table is mesmerizing and lethal.

Let me mention something here. I was not a fan of hers when OSO came out. In fact, I was rooting for the underdog Sonam.

Years later, I watched Cocktail and her entry scene stole my breath away. Right from the body language to the way she emoted in that movie left me breathless. A star-actress was born, and I have only grown more and more fond of her as time passed. A few years later, I saw Piku. In that movie, she was insanely good. That before-last movie scene with Irfaan at the coffee table - whoever says she can't act should watch that on repeat.

I personally thought she was exemplary in both Piku and Tamasha. In Tamasha, the way she soaked in the character was nothing short of marvellous. OMG and the scene in which she rejects the engagement ring. What an immortal moment on celluloid, with pitch-perfect acting.

Yes, she fell short in Padmaavat but to me she redeemed herself with Chapaak. She completely disappeared into the character, and left no traces of Deepika but just melted into Malti with such ease and understated grace.

Let's be objective: Deepika is a gift to the film industry and she is that rare combination of beauty and talent which comes once in a blue moon.

Discuss.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Lonewalker. thumbnail

Deepika is a pretty face to look at. Average actress in few movies, above average in few & total disaster in periodic SLB movies ðŸ˜† It's satisfying to watch her movies if that falls into the above average category, but saying she is a gift to bollywood would be taking it too far ðŸ˜†

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Could it be a case of waste potential. From 2015-present she made some bad decisions 

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9

She cannot act. She is so stiff on camera and cannot mouth dialogues properly. The only difference between her and Katrina is that Deepika is more expressive.

TheMinion thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 8

Sometimes I just wonder whether you like to get Deepika trolled... 

Stella_001 thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I mean she’s considered star and leading actress even though she’s strictly average or sometimes below average .. her dialogue delivery is poor and she’s usually so stiff .. 

so I kinda get it why she’s being called overrated cos she’s .. 

CuttingChai thumbnail

🥳

Same topic again and again and again. I think this will apply for next year too. I will post this link every 6 months.

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/153657350

pali001 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mintyblue

DP is the most non-overrated actress of all time, acc. to me. The combination of beauty, screen presence, and talent she brings to the table is mesmerizing and lethal.

Let me mention something here. I was not a fan of hers when OSO came out. In fact, I was rooting for the underdog Sonam.

Years later, I watched Cocktail and her entry scene stole my breath away. Right from the body language to the way she emoted in that movie left me breathless. A star-actress was born, and I have only grown more and more fond of her as time passed. A few years later, I saw Piku. In that movie, she was insanely good. That before-last movie scene with Irfaan at the coffee table - whoever says she can't act should watch that on repeat.

I personally thought she was exemplary in both Piku and Tamasha. In Tamasha, the way she soaked in the character was nothing short of marvellous. OMG and the scene in which she rejects the engagement ring. What an immortal moment on celluloid, with pitch-perfect acting.

Yes, she fell short in Padmaavat but to me she redeemed herself with Chapaak. She completely disappeared into the character, and left no traces of Deepika but just melted into Malti with such ease and understated grace.

Let's be objective: Deepika is a gift to the film industry and she is that rare combination of beauty and talent which comes once in a blue moon.

Discuss.

depending on how old are you , we can talk about " All time ". Actually 'NO' ...both beauty and talent are dime a dozen in film industry. 

Deepika is lucky and has screen presence ...anything else you give her is overstating her ability. 

There are uncountable equally talented and beautiful actresses currently in BW... with far less luck and screen presence, bad timing and PR.

She isnt setting box office on fire either. 

MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Deepika started believing in her own myth - She is not a great actress, but her screen presence is outstanding..however, I just think she hasnt been choosing the right films, because I think she started thinking that she is some legendary actor..mistake that once upon a time Aish and Kat both did.  

She needs to capitalize more on her strengths - i want to see her in contemporary movies..not stuff like Chhapaak.