P&P Part II - Page 5

Posted: 3 years ago

My hate for ads on this page is equal to or more than Smri's hatred for Viveka. 

It's so so sad folks, smrita can't stand the sight of Viveka. There's simply no middle path there. 

When it comes to our kind of marriages, you don't just marry the guy, you marry the family too. Anubha's mother in law doesn't hate Anubha, they just have a dysfunctional relationship. But with viveka and smrita, it's so discriminatory , that merely viveka's presence in that house can give anxiety attacks to smrita that would have her seeking out therapists( note therapists in plural)

First to last Impulse

Abhishek had called her multiple times the next morning, maybe he was drunk may be he let himself be provoked, he sounded apologetic in his VMs

She wanted a break from him and so since she did not have to teach she stayed in bed with a head ache and cramps

Papa left early, Naina was just not talking to her, Dadi being  clammed up initially against her will about Viveka’s Rishta suddenly decided to tell Bua today, not sure why, disrespecting Akash’s wishes

Akash had specifically told her “Jab taq pakka na ho Ma aap please Savi ko bhi kehna nahi… who log Savi Kamalji ke pehle se dost hain…”  “Hamari pehchaan Savi keg har hui”

But Dadi didn’t care she went over this morning and it was all out, Savi called Anu, Akash and and Viveka a 100 times

Going from  a wealthy acquaintance of Shrivastavs who made everyone squeamish to suddenly becoming  Viveka’s suitor… things were turned upside down

Things were in a disarray in Viveka’s mind and in the Mathur home

Naina  told Akash she needed “her room” back ASAP

The twins were not letting Dadi stay in their room because she snores and farts too much

Akash invited Dadu and Dadi to sleep in his, but Dadi loved how close the bathroom was and how powerful the AC was in Naina’s she refused the offer

Ma called Viveka when she was taking a nap

When she wouldn’t answer she called Akash who also wanted to talk with her as Satyen had wanted to know when they “could come over for dinner”

“I really don’t want to go Akash”

“Jaanta hoon” he sighed

“How about they come over”

“Will you be able to umm.. keep your cool?”

“Probably not…(sighing) I am exhausted already and she has just said yes

“Ive been sleeping poorly too Anu, Naina ka misbehavior kuch zyaada ho gaya”

“Just ask her to move out”

“ANU!!”

“I don’t know what else to say…”

“She is hurt”

“Jaanti hoon… maine Savi ko kaha Inder ka pata karegi”

“SAVI ko kyon kaha tumne?”

“MUJHE mat daatiye aap, Amma waha sab kuch jaakar bak.. keh chuki hain” “Viveka ki sagai kisi ameer ladke se ho rahi hai”

He was livid

“Kaise pata?”

“savi ka text aaya mujhe “Bade ghar ke ladke hain Jeejee, apne ko jaankar judna chahiye” "Hamari Viveka to bahut smart hai... par woh itni chhupi rustam nikli “ and so on and so forth Gawd!!”

He checked his phone quick

“Arey haan Savi ne mujhe 7 baar call kiya hai” “Maine Kamal bhaisaab ko kaha tha just a hint… but I am so lost over all this now Anu” “Pata nahi is ghar mein… Naina is in a permanent state of tantrum now, Diya has been allowed to work she has taken it to mean she is above reproach… waha Amma keh rahi thi Lucknow mein apne parents ke ghar Garima (Anil Chachu’s wife) miscarriage hua”

“Oh nooooo”

“Hmm”

“Amma MUJHE kuch nahi kehtin” Anu was hurting… she was doing the best she can but Dadi always preferred the DIL that gave her boys, and that stayed home

“Rehne do” he growled

“She has two boys na why does she need another one?”

“Amma keh rahi thi Bauji chahte hain sabke eke k beti ho jaaye”

“Arey wah… apni chaar chaar hain”

“Bauji u know right?”

“I do…. I am tired Akash…and the tamasha has not even begun.. Viveka khush hai?”

“Kal milkar aayi… she was happy and you know Viveka, Naina ki tarah ya Diya ki tarah extreme nahi hai”

“I wish she was… she should be expressive, she should not be guilty”

“ How can she be? When ever Naina sees her she throws a taunt out loud”

“NAINA KO TO… main..”Anubha was upset

“Karuna kisi se mil rahi hai kya?”

“KYON?”

“Diyu kal raat ko bata rahi thi, when I went to pick her up at the Metro station, it’s a secret… Viveka ko kehta hoon”

“Don’t bother her”

“To kya kahoon? Satyenji ko?”

“Yahi… ki bas apna beta de dein… aur kuch nahi chahiye hamey

He began to laugh hysterically

“I hope Viveka knows what she is doing” Anu groaned “Itni jaldi haan kyon ki usne, its not like her”

“We just hold her to a tougher standard Anu”he said nervously

Well… Viveka

She woke at 3 when Raanav called

“Hi!?”

“hey? You sound different”

“I had a headache I didn’t sleep well last night”

“Ah” he smiled

“Raanav I have a headache… and am sick”

“Sorry…”

“Are you at work?”

“I told u last night I am headed to Norway to get a tour of the undersea network”

Oh yeah” she nodded sadly

“Viveka?”

“I am the nagging, pain in the ass partner…” she chuckled trying to make a joke of it

“Whats going on?”

“Kuch nahi… I forgot… my bad” she smiled weakly

“Are you in bed?” he asked

“Umm.. yeah, Papa dropped Dadu and Dadi” she sat up slowly her head pounding

“Oh”

“I didn’t tell Abhishek until last night” she said quietly

He didn’t respond

“Hello are you there?”

“Hmm”

“I am a bit ashamed of myself... he did not give me any reason to hide facts from him... but..because  I also  don’t think I intended to act so fast in your case” she chuckled derisively

“Uh”

She knew him for 4 months now... what an attractive, incredibly sexy, patient man he is

I am just not allowing myself to think

“Nahi” she swallowed “Just saying… maybe”

“You are no longer seeing him Viveka” he said coolly but firmly

“I have NEVER done anything so impulsive Raanav” she admitted

“And YOU are the least impulsive thing I have done” he said quietly

She was knocked off her feet literally

“You do have the gift of… “

“Lies?” he offered gently "Its not"

“When I am not talking to you I question my decision of having said yes so soon” she said quietly

“I am startled by your honesty Viveka”

“Oh I am not noble” she cringed thinking about what she did to Abhishek.

“I don’t want a noble wife” he grumbled

“Oh! Good then” she chuckled weakly "I am definitely not proud of myself on many days Raanav"

"Lets pick a day when you are...“How soon do you want to get married?”

Waves of anxiety and anticipation swept through her every pore. Being with him every waking moment, she wouldnt make it past the first day... she laughed as the thought crossed her mind

I would tell Naina if the euphoric feeling is the same? But she wont talk to me

“Ive never… I haven’t given it a thought” she said quietly

“Will you?” he asked

“Raanav will, Inder be willing to talk with Naina?” she asked quietly

“Umm.. I don’t know” he said firmly

“Jaante ho ya pata nahi”

“Umm”

“Your tone was like he wont, but your words said something different”

“Did she ask you?”

“Nahi… she is my sister” she was emotional " I share a bond"

“I don’t know Viveka” he said a little softly

“Never mind” she sniffled

“We should not let their relationship color ours”

“I don’t usually…”

“I don’t know if I should ask Inder” he said coolly

She realized maybe in wealthy families they did not feel that solidarity toward the siblings like she did for Naina

“I am sorry I even asked… don’t worry”

“Thanks” He excused himself to go take another call

She reviewed Bua’s texts… at least 5 of them

She texted Papa

“Why is Bua asking me if I am eloping?”

“Main baat karta hoon” he texted back

“Have a good trip” she leaned back and muttered to Raanav when he returned to the call

“Do you want me to stop by?” he asked sincerely

“I always…(“want you to”)” she laughed

He laughed pleasantly

When he hung up she leaned back

“It is not a impulsive decision… it’s a complete suspension of reality and a permanent loss of good judgement” she realized staring out the window

“Oh how could I be such a fool”

Its awesome how raanav always give her space and respect her opinions without belittling her. 

When she asks for whether Inder is willing to talk to Naina, it shows her level of comfort with him, its amazing how quickly we can form bonds with someone we know for a small time.

And that "I always" 😳 ❤️

Edited by aina910 - 3 years ago

“It is not a impulsive decision… it’s a complete suspension of reality and a permanent loss of good judgement” she realized staring out the window"

Sad .... she's almost manipulated here. Suspended from reality a little bit maybe but I don't agree on the permanent loss of good judgement.

Abhishek has time and again employed gaslighting , going on the offensive . For a girl as stable as Veev, when it came to Abhishek, I kinda felt that he dictated the relationship. She did not question him much, and his false narratives kept multiplying . 

When it came to Raanav and the parashars, he force fed data mostly without evidence , not based on facts but on assumptions, gross exaggeration. He has wanted to seize control of the conversation and tried to manipulate the other person in to giving credence to his false narrative.

No surprise that he again did the same with Viveka. He was continuously evasive , not give time even in the weekends when she tried meeting him or inviting Abhishek to his house or tried having a conversation with him before she went to Raanav's house and said YES. When He is caught lying , what he did by accusing veev was again manipulate her to question herself and be ashamed. And again he tried to dictate , take control by accusing her of cheating and seized her conversation. 

But mostly,she has held her head above ground and not succumbed to his tactics.

Edited by Errrantnomad - 3 years ago

I'm also thinking, when a marriage is happening , not at all times are all people are on board right? 

Going philosophical I'm thinking it's a life time of complicated relationships, there will be many good days and many bad days. But over a period of time, people should be able to accept the reality of either the smooth or the complicated relationship they have with the other person and stay out of each other's hair and way. 

Anubha and Akash can be minimally involved and hold their ground. Anubha can have a conversation with smrita in order to not loose her head. Veev can and should in fact have that convo too and call smrita out before she goes ahead and marries Raanav. The relationship between the mathur sisters too has taken a permanent turn. Adult sister relationships evolve all the time. Some stay good and some not so much. 

Though With due conversations , at least everyone knows where they stand with each other. No love lost😆

Its sure complicated, but it can't be only bad all the time. I mean life has its checks and balances and people will learn to live with their dynamics they have created for themselves .

Edited by Errrantnomad - 3 years ago

It ended on sad note .. i hope she will see though Raanav love and sencierity above all odds. 

Qurious what will happen next i hope she don’t go back on her words and realize  her heart desire.

Nisha can we get Sunday treat  with two updates one now and anothe rone later ✍️✍️✍️

Nisha, II might have been prim and proper but she was life, flesh and blood. With all her flaws and idiosyncrasies, she remains my most favorite of all the characters you have created thus far. She's like the first love you always cherish. She is and will always remain one single piece . And then how can I not mention Minion? When you think warmth and bell pepper omelettes you think Minion. When you think of Ranjan Bhalla, you think of Marshmallows in white chocolate milk. 

And I can't help cracking myself here....when you think Mr. Iyer you think of thayir vadai seasoned in oil with kadugu, pacha Molaga and kariveppilai. 🤣😆

Originally posted by Errrantnomad

I'm also thinking, when a marriage is happening , not at all times are all people are on board right? 

Going philosophical I'm thinking it's a life time of complicated relationships, there will be many good days and many bad days. But over a period of time, people should be able to accept the reality of either the smooth or the complicated relationship they have with the other person and stay out of each other's hair and way. 

Anubha and Akash can be minimally involved and hold their ground. Anubha can have a conversation with smrita in order to not loose her head. Veev can and should in fact have that convo too and call smrita out before she goes ahead and marries Raanav. The relationship between the mathur sisters too has taken a permanent turn. Adult sister relationships evolve all the time. Some stay good and some not so much. 

Though With due conversations , at least everyone knows where they stand with each other. No love lost😆

Its sure complicated, but it can't be only bad all the time. I mean life has its checks and balances and people will learn to live with their dynamics they have created for themselves .

THIS! Such a powerful statement Kalpana. Wow!

Isnt that the truth

Philanthropy

That night after the siblings went to bed, she hung out with Papa

She told him what had transpired between Abhishek and her, he made a face as soon as he heard

“Its not like you” he groaned

“I know… Ive been agonizing all day Papa” she whimpered and began to cry

“Hmm… ab kya kiya jaaye… Abhishek knows now. He is an educated mature man, what he does with his time is his own business, he should NOT expect you to be OK with an open relationship. It’s a moot point now. You have said yes to Raanav”

“Hmm” she leaned back in bed

“This is a big complex machinery of human emotions and actions beta” he sighed and yawned, removing his glasses

“I know… I told Raanav not to treat me like a shiny object and I found myself having behaved like that… u know… running after a shiny object and pocketing it”

“He seems like a decent guy”

“Yeah… but neither you oR I know much about him… he sounds like a very busy lawyer”

“He is… dekha aaj ET mein interview with Stayen?”

“No… why?”

“He has other big plans too”

“Hmm.. I am not surprised”

“He says… he wants to get to a place soon where he will offer secure retirement for all employees with no contribution required into Pension Funds after 50”

“Wow” she sighed

“He sounds like a compassionate leader”

“they must be competing to acquire world class talent as well right? All big name companies lure people that way these days”

“Not everyone wants to do the right thing tho”

She nodded

“Are you having second thoughts?”

She didn’t answer but became hugely emotional

“I actually like him a lot Papa… there is something about him” she sighed with longing, turning bright red

“Ladka to shaandar hai beta” he clucked his tongue

“He has a wicked sense of humor, he has a million friends… he beats me on that aspect as well (laughing) he thinks clearly, he speaks confidently, he acts like I am some genius… he is so good for my ego (gushing) and… umm… (struggling to articulate how good he made her feel physically)

“Arey wah” Akash laughed

“IKR” she smiled tears glistening thru her glasses “who knew I was so egotistical and narcissistic?” “Its all about me Papahh”

He hugged her

“I don’t know if I can take him traveling every week to Europe… I really don’t” she wasn’t even married to him and she missed him like hell

“Baat karke dekho”

“Its like someone telling me “can u stay home and not teach or research” “We both are wired differently, we both want different things in life Papa… he loves his wealth and success… while I am not going to grudge him that, that’s not a life I feel comfy with Papa” she cringed “I work with men and women who make less than Rs.200 a DAY” she was in pain as she underscored her ridiculous life choice

“Both can and will have.. have to coexist beta” he sighed

He knew how ridiculous it was

In fact Anu and him had talked a lot about it

“My identity IS what I feel or what I do for the development sector”

“Uh..”

“I know what you are thinking”

“Umm.. nahi… beta… kaho”

“I am ashamed of how I treated Abhishek, I am uncomfortable with living a brazen life soaking in extreme wealth, I am fearful of his mother, not that she will hurt me, but what I might do to express my displeasure, what I might end up saying…. I will I think I might just end up buried in my journals and never see him” she began to cry unreasonably, missing him immensely

Akash texted Satyen 

Next morning Viveka saw a text from Satyen  wanting to discuss stuff

He talked on and off multiple times in live calls

Later around 5 saying he was flying out and he had 30 minutes and wanted her to meet someone who might be really beneficial for her work

Asking her if she can meet him at the private jet terminal

She texted with Raanav to wish him luck

She was in class/calls all day as well

He called her around 6 and checking on how she felt today

“Have a safe flight” she said glumly

“I will… will call u when I land?”

“Will you?” her tone lit up

“Yes Viveka” he grinned

At 8ish she told Papa and headed to the terminal

Greeted by some guy and then another guy, she was seated in a plush private lounge and was served an array of bevis and snack

She watched Raanav walking toward her through the double glass door

Dressed in tan draw string cotton pants and a navy shirt with tiny white anchor motifs and really comfy shoes

She blushed gloriously

“Viveka Mathur?” he smiled hopelessly gorgeous

“Hi!... Are you leaving at the same time?”

“Same time as who?”

“Your Dad, he wanted me to meet some philanthropist”

“That would be ME” he proceeded to grab her for a hug after letting his leather messenger bag slide off his shoulder and arm

He made all her self questioning and censuring and doubt vanish in a nano second

The scent of birch and lemon, combined with how well groomed he always was, down to his toes, his shirt never had a crease… EVER

And he wanted to touch her

“Hellz… yeah” she let herself be swept away

Edited by Nisha0604 - 3 years ago

Thank you for early update🙏