•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 3 years ago

He loved Naina so much but Naina didn't love him back and probably settled for him after Aman's death. I feel really bad for him, he just married her for the sake of Aman who emotionally blackmailed him to marry her when he could have found someone else down the line

LOL, no because he gets the FL by the end and even after 20+ years says ILU while naina continues to recite stories of her emotions primarily focusing on aman over rohit...

Edited by Meena_J - 3 years ago

It's kind of sad that Rohit had to marry her despite knowing that his wife didn't love him and even got friendzoned after 20 years of marriage and shame on Naina for not moving on

Yeah, I doubt his wife ever loved him completely. Naina never really moved on, she settled. The ideal ending would've been Naina and Rohit remaining best of friends and marrying two different people, moving on in their lives...and reminiscing abt  Aman together. 

Maybe at one point when I was a teen watching the movie but I don't see love the same way anymore. I think the love Naina felt for Aman was not a long lasting love. She fell for him very quickly because he was something out of fairytale who came and fixed her life. She knew very little about him. She didn't even know whether they were compatible or they would last. She fell for him, then she got over him, then she felt sad about him because he was dear to her and he was dying, but she also moved on. He changed her life so drastically so she remembers him fondly. He was that "first love". I don't have a tendency over romanticize first loves. They are sweet and innocent but they are beginning. They teach us about love.

With Rohit, he was her best friend, and she fell for him romantically as well. She went through life with him, loving him each day. I find something incredibly romantic about couple who wake up each morning being in love with their partner. And if that partner happens to be their best friend as well then I can't imagine anything better. 

Love is so much different when you're older. Most movies show as if the first love in teen/early years is the eternal love. But, that's not true. More often than not, that kind of love fades away because that's chemistry based love. The real love that survives is based on friendship. Naina fell for Aman because he came as a knight in shining armour for her, and he helped her get out of the self pity zone and she started enjoying her life. And what he did would stay with her forever, just as when you meet someone amazing, and even though things didn't work and sometimes you're not even friends any more, you still cherish good times with that person. That's how she remembered him. But Rohit was the one who held her hand and together they lived a long happy life with her. That's true love! And you can love more than 1 person in your life, you can still have a place for the old love in your heart. 

I love this one line by Sarah Kay and Phil Kaye in their poetry - "Maybe Love wasn't ready for you, or maybe you weren't ready for love. But when it knocks on your door, welcome it. When it leaves, whisper - leave the door open". 

No. He got what he wanted. Rohit was not some obsessive guy who wanted his wife to love him as much as he did love her because Naina loved him but not as much as she loved Aman . The fact that the woman he loved was with him for life was enough for him.

His character is on the lines of Vanraj in HDDCS, not in entirety but just a bit.

Edited by surajhere - 3 years ago

He was brainwashed.

He was low confidence guy with inferiority complex who was manipulated by psychopath aman.

He never like pz as gf material until creepy Aman kept putting in his mind that you like your best friend, eventually after getting failure in love life , he bought that he was in love with her.

Creep aman was probably suffering from ocd, as he wanted to take "fix" naina life before dying , which had patriarchal and sexist mindset that he must get her married before croaking.

Neither rohit loved naina, nor naina loved him.

Even when they had 6-7 year old daughter and marriage, the girl was Still in love with aman and called her marriage , a marriage with a friend.

That's just movie magic such realtionship don't last unless rohit was having flings outside marriage to get his desire and love fullfilling, which clearly naina couldn't provide.

Edited by S_H_Y - 3 years ago