Duryodhana, his daughter marriage to Samba

Posted: 3 years ago

In the stories I have seen on many sites, Duryodhan died when he was attacked on his thigh by Bheem in Mahabharat war, same is shown in show as well.

(I haven't watched the latest episodes yet where Samb marriage is being discussed)

However, there are other stories where Duryodhan held his daughter Lakshama savyamwar (marriage), and Samb kidnapped her. In the end, Duryodhan agreed to the marriage.

My question is if he died in Mahabharat, how can he be alive to held his daughter savyamwar ? Why are there such contradict in the stories of Mahabharat era ?

(My question is not related what they are showing in the show as some part of it is fictionalized and not taken from books. It is based on what I have read online about it)

Samb Lakshmana marriage happened much before the Mahabharatha war. They have messed up the timing here.

The marriage is mentioned in Srimad Bhagwatam. Samb had abducted Lakshmana before her Swayamwar and was trying to molest her, when Karna n Duryodhan caught him. Duryodhan imprisoned him.

When the news reached Dwarika, Balram headed to Hastinapur and threatened to drown Hastinapur. Duryodhan then agreed to free Samb, and proposed for Samb Lakshmana marriage to which Duryodhan agreed 

Personally I think it wasn't much of threat, but Duryodhan's realization that after abduction n attempted molesteration, his daughter wouldn't get a suitable match, so used this opportunity for it

Originally posted by FlauntPessimism

Samb Lakshmana marriage happened much before the Mahabharatha war. They have messed up the timing here. The marriage is mentioned in Srimad Bhagwatam. Samb had abducted Lakshmana before her Swayamwar and was trying to molest her, when Karna n Duryodhan caught him. Duryodhan imprisoned him.

When the news reached Dwarika, Balram headed to Hastinapur and threatened to drown Hastinapur. Duryodhan then agreed to free Samb, and proposed for Samb Lakshmana marriage to which Duryodhan agreed. Personally I think it wasn't much of threat, but Duryodhan's realization that after abduction n attempted molestation, his daughter wouldn't get a suitable match, so used this opportunity for it

Thanks for sharing. I think they showed it in Suryaputra Karn too (Basant Bhatt had helped Sambh in that as Karna's son) :)

Originally posted by nautankitadka

Thanks for sharing. I think they showed it in Suryaputra Karn too (Basant Bhatt had helped Sambh in that as Karna's son) :)

SPK was a strange show with showing just anything

That showed Samb Lakshmana being in love although the text is clear that she was simply being r**ed and Samb wasn't even interested in marrying her

Samb Vrishsen's friendship was another figment of imagination in that show. There VS fought for Kauravas because Samb had decided to fight for them not because he was an important Kaurav commander

SPK was a strange show with showing just anything

That showed Samb Lakshmana being in love although the text is clear that she was simply being r**ed and Samb wasn't even interested in marrying her

Samb Vrishsen's friendship was another figment of imagination in that show. There VS fought for Kauravas because Samb had decided to fight for them not because he was an important Kaurav commander

Thanks for the clarification. Incorrectly assumed that was historically accurate 😊

You've been a great voice of reason since DBO forum 👍🏼

Originally posted by nautankitadka

Thanks for the clarification. I ncorrectly assumed that was historically accurate 😊

You've been a great voice of reason since DBO forum 👍🏼

Hey thankyou so much. Never knew you were at DBO forum

Hey thankyou so much. Never knew you were at DBO forum

What is DBO ?

Dil bole Oberoi was a show on Star plus

Ok the Ishqbaaz spin off ?? ❤️

Originally posted by Sutapasima