Posted: 3 years ago

Sonam had a long career even if we consider her last film to be The Zoya Factor( which it won't be). 12 years is a long time to be there if you are a total failure. Truth is, Sonam was around longer than the likes of Esha Deol, Amrita Rao, Ayesha Takia and Genelia. She did have sporadic hits now and then, though most of her films are flops. But she does have box-office pull equal to someone like Kangana, whose last clean hit was in 2015. I am not talking about acting skills, of course, where Kangana is far ahead than Sonam can ever be.

Sonam was good in Neerja, Aisha, Khoobsurat and Raanjhana to a certain extent.

In Sonam's defense, she is beautiful and does have screen presence. Also, unlike certain actresses, I have actually met Sonam fans in real life!

I know trolling Sonam is fashionable and I myself have done it, but just playing the devil's advocate here.

Discuss.

The thing with Sonam is, when she's there on the screen, it's difficult to take your eyes off her. I was watching this song and even though I'm an Ayushmann fan, Sonam is the one who hogs all the limelight organically.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH2uh44Kndo&list=RDkH2uh44Kndo&start_radio=1

Total failures are actresses like Esha Deol, Tanisha etc. Sonam at least had Neerja and hits like PRDP, Veeri di Wedding 

Originally posted by 2RsFan

Total failures are actresses like Esha Deol, Tanisha etc. Sonam at least had Neerja and hits like PRDP, Veeri di Wedding 

Yeah exactly

who can Sonam be called failure? 

Ayesha Takia and Genelia are outsiders from what I know. So no point in comparing their career to Sonam who has always had more backing in the industry.

Coming to Esha Deol. I think if she really wanted she could have had a career as long as Sonam's. Like Sonam she could have gotten her family to produce "women-centric" films after films for her to star in. However, after numerous failed attempts she probably realized it was better to settle down and focus on family instead of killing time in a job she isn't good at.

Sonam's case is different. She is one delusional, narcistic brat who thinks she is a good actress and have had a long lasting career only due to her talent and hardwork. In her lalaland all her flop films were profitable ventures. However, Zoya Factor flopped so badly that it got even Sonam to shut her trap 😆..

Answering your question, no, Sonam is not a total failure. But the failures are too plenty when you weigh them against her accomplishments.

Edited by FilmiDhun - 3 years ago

I find that both Sonam and Deepika no longer have that spark that they once had. Deeps was shining while Sonam had this cutesy girl-next-door look. Now they both look exhausted like the life has been sucked out of them.

Originally posted by FilmiDhun

Sonam's case is different. She is one delusional, narcistic brat who thinks she is a good actress and have had a long lasting career only due to her talent and hardworking. In her lalaland all her flop films were profitable ventures.

💯

Perfect analysis.

I mean if Sonam is a total failure, then I too want to be her kind of total failure! 😕 She might not be one of the greatest actresses of our generation out there, but then nor are any of her contemporaries - mediocre to just about passable is what most of them are. Let's not be delusional and treat them like they are Thespis ☢️ 

The main thing is that Sonam isn't fully unwatchable to me, but only thrives in projects that are a right fit for her (eg Aisha, Khoobsurat and Neerja to some extent). She isn't one of those actors who are good even in bad films; she is one those who are just about okay-to-decent in good films. 

I am far from her fan, but I'd say she has done alright for herself and is anything but a "total failure". 

Edited by chingoobean - 3 years ago